main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Nov 28, 2018.

1. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Love the animation/art, really reminds me of the microseries days. Those were the days. I'll be checking it out based on the art alone.

Vizzy91 and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    And @Wildcatbarry

Help me understand what the big deal is. LFL is putting out a ton of new content. The ST, the Mandalorian, the Cassian show, Resistance, the B&W trilogy, the RJ trilogy, Forces of Destiny, Star Wars All Stars.

Why is it a problem for one very small thing, such as a series of animated shorts, to be a funky new take on old favorites? LFL is clearly pursuing an a la carte, “something for all fans” approach. Occasionally, one of those things won’t be for you. But it’s fine, because there’s so much other stuff that is, or could be. This, for example, is cool to me because I love seeing different artistic interpretations of things I love. You don’t have to like it, and can certainly ignore it, but there’s little need to oppose it. And for all we know, there’s a post-ROTJ cartoon in the works as well, with Luke, Leia, Han and Lando as featured characters.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  3. Trikuza23

Trikuza23 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2015
    This show is going to involve every trilogy. There's already a clip of Yoda fighting Dooku

Darkslayer and Outsourced like this.
  4. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Well I found out that it is Titmouse Inc that is doing the animation for Galaxy of Adventures. They even have had a couple of shots from GoA in one of their youtube videos that has been up since February lol.

Traditional 2D animation doesn't mean "kiddy cartoon". A lot of Titmouse 's animation is very adult themed and certainly not suitable for kids.

MrDarth0 and La Calavera like this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Still though, I'd much rather see new content.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    this is only shorts with movie momments. I'm sure at this momment the post rotj animation show or shows is being made and concepts is already in works. i personally would want an animation of obi wan and Anakin in between 1-2 show him grw from a boy to a young man. It could go past ep 2 and could end with him becoming a jedi knight of the grand army or the republic.

7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  8. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I can't watch it! Why on earth would they limit this to USA only?

9. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    They did the same thing for the new LEGO shorts. :(

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  10. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    Looks promising. When do they come out?

11. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    They're out now. That's them posted above.

I think its alright, I guess. The animation is nice and I'm okay with the concept, but the "episodes" are really too short. They really do feel like commercials for some other product rather than a meaningful product all on their own. Zuko's narration is a intrusive as well.

Vinylshadow likes this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    why can't i watch these?

13. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    A good news at least.

Matt Martin‏@missingwords
    I believe there will be translated versions available soon in your region.

People outside the U.S can watch the videos on their website. I have the audio but no images for some reasons.
    http://lol.disney.com/star-wars-kids

14. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I like Vader stalking past Artoo and Threepio as they pull an about-face

[​IMG]

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm looking forward to the Leia-centric episodes.

Mother_Talzin and Bor Mullet like this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I like these. Short and to the point. Great animation. Not essential viewing, but nice intro for newcomers, and fun for oldcomers.

17. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    This feels like an attempt to keep the events of the main episodes front and center in people's minds as they continue to build out the story. I'm all for reinforcing GL's ideas!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    All too easy. Now I want to go watch R1....

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I also take any excuse to rewatch Rogue One.

wobbits likes this.
  20. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    The score and hearing the lines from the films are what's getting to me with these shorts.

Force Smuggler and Bor Mullet like this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It hits the spirit of Star Wars because it takes the familiar, and dips it in something new. So it’s like seeing the films again, but with fresh eyes. The same reason the twin sunset is so resonant. It helps you appreciate something familiar (a sunset) all over again, by simply giving it a slight twist. In that case, another sun. I think the creators of this little project understand that fundamental element of good fantasy. “Lifting the veil of the familiar,” as CS Lewis once did. Seeing the old with new eyes.

22. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Thanks for the link.

Ridiculous move by Disney to block the rest of the world from watching it on youtube. I'm English, I don't need a translation thanks Matt Martin.[face_not_talking]

23. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Well, I love the animation style. They're definitely fun and adventuresome. I could take an entire hour in this format.

Honestly, when they said they're releasing shorts, I assumed each episode would be like 5-10 min. A mini episode. Each one of these is under a minute and a half, so they feel more like commercials for SW. I almost wonder if kids who haven't seen SW, will expect the rest of SW to be done in this style.

24. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I guess I'm alone in totally not seeing the point? And the R1 short -- seriously, they made a kids' short out of just one of the least kid-friendly on-screen moments in the saga. Who's that for?

Yeah, they look better than FOD, but FOD had new story points and amusing canon-glue. Not only are these nothing new, the cut-and-paste film dialogue over new scenes (with 70s audio quality no less) takes me right out of it. Oh, well, not for me, which is fine.

25. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    This point is ... is they're commercials for a new line at Hasbro. http://www.toyhypeusa.com/2018/11/3...wars-galaxy-of-adventures-line-3-3-4-figures/
    This isn't really even a tv series. (And might be better placed in Toys Forum) They're just weekly commercials for a toy and comic line. Really well done, beautiful, fun commercials. But that's it. In fact, the toy line looks great and I might even buy a figure or two. lol

Vizzy91, Link1130 and Bor Mullet like this.