main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    They look great and offer a fresh look at the movies. And they’re commercials! Well done, IMO.

Alhazred likes this.
  2. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I don't mean to sound ungrateful, with all the new live action Star Wars shows on the way. I just figured that if they were animating Leia, Luke, and Han, that they might as well do new adventures with them, instead of just making an animated version of the OT. But yeah, like you say, they might be doing something with the Big Three, post ROTJ as well.

Having said that, it might be interesting to see animated versions of big moments from the OT. Either way, it is hard to complain with all the content we will be getting. :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  3. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Would love to have master Luke and a young Ben Solo first introduced on TV in this style.

Alhazred likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    No worries. Though these shorts also include scenes from the PT and the anthologies, it seems.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Lmao Dante Basco as narrator that's awesome.

cwustudent and Force Smuggler like this.
  6. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    The voice over is by far the worst part. It makes it sound more like a children's toy advert. Being in UK, that is really the only place you hear this kind of marketing to children speech in american accent, in cheap American toy adverts that can't be bothered with localisation in the voiceovers.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Saw Wave 1 of these yesterday at my local Wal Mart. I don't normally collect the 3.75 figures but these guys look pretty much the same as those in other packaging. The new packaging is attention grabbing with the round cylinder and art style but not what I am going to spend $10 on.

8. Alhazred

Alhazred Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    I loved them! What if? They use the EU for new eps...

9. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Fun little shorts and the animation and visual style are nice.

Guess the point of these is to introduce young kids to the movies, especially the OT.

Alhazred likes this.
  10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yep, I like these.

Alhazred and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So i've just seen them, they pretty good. Loved the Luke and Vader ones. Also saw the fun facts of Vader and it shows animated Anakin from his looks frome pisode 2 and 3. I hope that means we got 2 or more episodes from Anakin. one of them seems like him training.

Alhazred and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  12. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    So Zuko from avatar sounds like a children's toy advert

13. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Having seen all these now, they're alright - they don't give us much of anything when it comes to the overall EU, like the FOD shorts did. As its been mentioned, they're really just simple commercials for toys. I've seen images of both waves of the action figures, and they are all repacks in new packaging, along with a small comic. Unfortunately, nothing new for longtime fans, but they might draw in some kids that may not be fully familiar with the OT era characters...

Alhazred likes this.
  14. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    are the mini comic books new? or are they clips of the Alessandri series or Little Golden books? Kind of curious

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    These work both for new and longtime fans, in my view. Draws the new fans in, and gives longtime fans a fun new visual take on their old favorites.

Alhazred likes this.
  16. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I was referring to the action figure line specifically when I mentioned longtime fans, since the GOA assortments are all repacks. The shorts themselves could be enjoyed by anyone though, there's just not much substance there. The CW shorts, and even FOD really helped to expand the universe, in a way GOA likely never will, but of course that's probably not the intention.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  17. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    I got to agree with that but nevertheless, the shorts are interesting and hopefully the powers over at Lucasfilm will decide to do regular animation that is not so ............I don't know linear canon I guess?

Alhazred likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, I’d prefer that the universe-expanding material be more substantial, like feature TV shows and the multi-season cartoons. FOD was disappointing to me because it was trying to be universe expanding, but was done in such a perfunctory way (shorts) that they ended up being underwhelming, in that sense. In contrast, these are just cool vignettes that give a fun twist to longer-form existing material. So there’s no expectation that they give us a solid story, as FOD tried to do. That said, I’m all for letting a thousand flowers bloom these days. Some of it might not be for me, but there’s a lot that will be. I’m happy.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    Mother_Talzin likes this.
  19. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    No of course not. There is a big difference between voiceover marketing and voice acting.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Interesting in the Vader facts they still don't spoil that he's Anakin Skywalker neat trick that

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Alhazred likes this.
  21. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Love the art style even if they are essential an advert. Wouldn’t mind a feature length in this simple style.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Alhazred likes this.
  22. Alhazred

May 8, 2016
    What if? Since they are aimed at newer and younger fans they cover Legacy? How wild would that be? Since this is a toy line the shorts need not be tied that heavily into the overall continuity.

vong333 likes this.
  23. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    I love these shorts for some reason. I love the bright colors and can't wait to see more of them. I hope they have over an hours worth of this type of animation. With the trailer it close to 8 minutes. This is the stuff they got to start doing to bring in new fans. Now, lets do a 30 minute series guys.

Alhazred and Bor Mullet like this.
  24. Alhazred

May 8, 2016
    That's what I've been saying! Let's get ambitious How about an adaptation of the Thrawn Trilogy? As I said above this series shouldn't be that tied in to continuity.

Blackhole E Snoke and vong333 like this.
  25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    the animation is really the only thing I can appreciate about these. I wish they were longer.

Vinylshadow likes this.