main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Thrawn: Treason by Timothy Zahn Summer 2019

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012

Thrawn must choose between his loyalty to the Empire and his ties to the Chiss Ascendancy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    This just in from The Star Wars Show!

[​IMG]

Preorders are going up next week! Get 'em while they're hot.

SWpants, starfish and cubman987 like this.
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I wonder if this will take place in-between the episodes of Rebels when Thrawn needs to convince the Emperor about his Tie-Defender project and when he gets back. Maybe it will tie in with World Between Worlds.

4. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    It's treason then!

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Eeeeek!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Ben and cubman987 like this.
  6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yes please!!

7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    More info from the main site

8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'm curious if this wlil tie in anyway to Thrawn helping the Emperor with the World Between Worlds project on Lothal.

9. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Sounds like this story is set during Season 4 of Rebels when Thrawn leaves to defend the Tie Defender (pardon the pun) project on Coruscant. Wonder if that was intentionally put in Rebels for this book or simply Zahn saw a gap in Thrawn's timeline and decided to fill it?

10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  11. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
  12. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    What a wonderful thing to wake up to.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Looks like we have... a Thrawn trilogy

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Nice. I need to finish Alliances. I have been reading it for literally months. My life's been so busy lately that I have been reading at a rate of about one chapter per week or less. Maybe this will be my motivation to finish it. It's a great book...I just hate that it has taken me so long to get through. Excited for this, though. It occurs to me that we now literally have a Canon Thrawn trilogy. [face_laugh]

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    So when do we get a duology following Thrawn after Rebels?

Slater, Revanfan1, TrandoJedi and 5 others like this.
  16. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Zahn possibly writing Krennic...ohh that's delicious.

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I finished Alliances a couple of weeks ago, and thought it would be the last Thrawn novel for now. Really happy to be wrong about that! I've absolutely loved both of the new Thrawn books, so this is great news! [face_dancing]

18. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I hate to get into negativity again, but Thrawn showing any loyalty to the Chiss is pretty out-of-character to his Legends self. Ah well.

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  19. The Corellian President

The Corellian President Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2015
    This isn't the book we deserve, but the one we Need

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    [​IMG]

I do like how the backgrounds darken... perhaps showing us how Thrawn’s soul is blackened as he goes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    That amazing cover! Fun fact I’ve been pretty much Kindle exclusive as far as books go for a wile now but with that last to thrawn books I’ve been buying them twice one kindle and one hard back, We deafly do the same with this One

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Parck, at least, paints Thrawn's goal in "getting exiled to the Unknown Regions" as "return to protect the Chiss":

Vision of the Future

"But again, I'm getting ahead of myself. As I said, Thrawn's action did not sit well with the ruling Chiss families. He was able to talk his way clear and retain his position, but from that point on they watched him very carefully.
    "And eventually, as he dealt with some of the Chiss's enemies, he pushed things just a little too far. He was brought up on charges, stripped of all rank, and sent into exile on an uninhabited world at the edge of Imperial space."
    "Where who should show up but a Victory Star Destroyer," Mara said. "Captained by a man willing to take the risk of bringing him back to Coruscant." She raised her eyebrows. "Only it wasn't nearly as much of a risk as everyone thought, was it?"
    Parck smiled. "It most certainly wasn't," he said. "In fact, I learned later that Palpatine had made at least two unsuccessful attempts over the years to contact the Chiss and offer Thrawn a position with his soon-to-be Empire. No, he was most pleased with my gift, though because of the political realities of the court he had to keep that pleasure hidden."
    "So Thrawn went into private military training and eventually rose to the highest rank Palpatine could offer," Mara said. "And then, what, arranged to have himself sent back here so he could make the Chiss ruling families pay for what they'd done to him?"
    Parck looked shocked. "Certainly not. The Chiss are his people, Mara—he has no interest in hurting them. Quite the opposite, in fact. He came back here to protect them."
    "From what?"
    Stent gave a contemptuous snort. "From what," he bit out harshly. "You soft, complacent female. You think that because you lounge around your quiet worlds behind a ring of warships that the rest of the galaxy is a safe place to live? There are a hundred different threats out there that would freeze your blood if you knew about them. The ruling families can't stop them; neither can any other power in the region. If our people are to be protected, it's up to us."
    "And you are? You specifically, I mean?"
    Stent drew himself up straighter. "We are Syndic Mitth'raw'nuruodo's Household Phalanx," he said, and there was no mistaking the pride in his tone. "We live only to serve him. And through him to serve the Chiss."

23. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Does this contradict the EU

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's treason.

25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Essentially the new Thrawn book (First One) gives the reason why Thrawn goes to the Empire in the first place.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.