main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Vader: Dark Visions

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-vader-dark-visions-announce

2. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Obviously a replacement for Wendig’s comic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Just more interesting.

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  4. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    But... I wanted a story with Willrow Hood. :(

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    We're losing an Ice Cream Man espionage story but still getting a Vader mini and with the Lando/Rogue One artist attached. I'd call that a draw, at least. I really wanted Ice Cream Maker Man story, though.

DarthJaceus and chrcharcor2 like this.
  6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I love that cover. Yeah, it is slightly too on the nose, but I don't care. It’s bloody lovely.

7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Is the cover set shortly after Vader has stapled Space!Conan to the Tree of Woe?

I hope so.

8. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Honestly that wendigs Vader comic did not (to me at least) feel like a worthy successor to the two previous Vader runs, hopefully this one is regardless of it’s length.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  9. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    The cover for issue #2 looks great too (giving me a Tales from Vader's Castle vibe) and I am jazzed to read it: (source)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  10. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Looks very fascinating. We will watch it’s career with great interest.

11. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    ...are people serious when they say they wanted that Willrow Hood story? I honestly thought the desire to read it was mostly a joke. While I would have read Wendig's comic, I was least interested in that one out of the five they announced.

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Let's see which people: Lelal, BigAl, PimpBacca, and me.

...your answer is a definite "yes." :p

13. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    IF we do indeed count as people. :p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Add me to that list. In depth stories on obscure characters is what we live for

15. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    I am sad that “people” were excited for something that got cancelled.

I am happy that my wallet funds can be directed to more exciting story telling (imo).

Star Wars Adventures is the perfect place for a Willrow Hood Story, because there will be a second part of the comic that tells a story that justifies the money spent on the book.

16. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm not thrilled. I was hoping that after the Wendig Vader comic was canceled that we get something else. Maybe a tie in limited series to the Rebels animated series. You know one of those types of stories that are too grand for animation. Instead more Vader. I get it but common man. He was in Rogue One, in the Rebels TV series, in novels, and comic books. Soon Vader is going to be able to move a planet with just a flick of his pinkie......Lets let Vader rest a bit you know. So, no, I am not thrilled by another Vader series.

17. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Vader is one of the most iconic characters in star wars. Asking them to stop making Vader comics is like asking Marvel to stop making the ongoing star wars series with the big three.
    Plus from what I've heard both Vader series sold well so....

vong333 likes this.
  18. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Not really fan of non-canon or "let's re-imagine the character" type of stories, but like with anything else SW, I'll give it a try,

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I agree and absolutely it has sold well. Its just like, Id rather at this stage to get different characters fleshed out. That's all.

20. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I want some more non-canon Star Wars comics, Infinities and Tales were so much fun! Plus I've always had a addiction to What If and Elseworlds...

21. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I am sad for the loss of the comics Wendig was going to do, especially because I loved his aftermath books. However, I am not too sad for the author himself being lost. Maybe they can give those stories to someone else to tell sometime. That being said, I am hyped up for this series. I really loved the last two Vader series, so this will be a blast to read!

22. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Hmmm...I am not sure that’s what this series is. I think we will see canon Vader on that steed with an Imperial emblazoned shield.

May I direct your attention to this series called Star Wars Adventures? This may be close to your particular fancy. Personally I love it, and it is a nice bonus as the series is in its own little canon/goofball bubble. I would say it is the spiritual successor to Tales.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  23. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Ohhh man, I was trying to think of what the cover for #1 reminded me of and I think this person got it! Birds, shield, weapon, steed, atmosphere, everything:

Edit: And now I see that Greg Smallwood posted on his Insta that he "channeled Frazetta" for this cover, so I guess that's it! Nice job, stranger.

24. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    This series is not canon?
    Star Wars Adventures is great at capturing the vibe of the kid friendly, cartoonish Tales comics. But there were some mature stories in Tales as well that don't fit the Adventures line.

So yes, I'd like Tales back too.

25. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    but this is in canon u know covers don't always mean anything to the actual series. heres the second one [​IMG]