main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Felicity Jones (Jyn Erso) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Mar 13, 2015.

1. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    https://parade.com/724853/waltersco...ruth-bader-ginsburg-why-she-joined-star-wars/ (December 21, 2018)

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I honestly didn't realize she's playing RBG in the new movie. That's pretty cool.

3. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    She's fabulous as RBG, Jyn Erso, and everyone she portrays. Love her.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah great performance in On the Basis of Sex. But I wish people had used the press tour to ask her if she has any inside Star Wars information. She could show up on the Cassian show just have them, like, not meet or know about each other.

mirrorbright likes this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Felicity Jones is one of the best actors currently working, IMO.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You hear that, LFL? Give her a series already! [face_praying]

7. Rodney-2187

Rodney-2187 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2015
    Jyn is so hardened by everything that has happened to her since she was a child seeing her mother killed and father abducted. Being raised around a rough group like Saw's gang no doubt contributed greatly to her personality as well. She maintains a tough exterior while imprisoned and even when interrogated by the Rebels. Even when confronting Saw she is strong. But what cracks her thick shell? Seeing that video of her loving father broke her, and you can see it and feel it. Felicity Jones does a great job here. Kudos to Mads Mikkelsen as well. Hearing about all he has endured during his captivity and how much he still loves her and thinks about her. It's a powerful scene. Jyn goes from not caring about anyone or anything to being devoted to seeing her father's name cleared and the information regarding the flaw he placed in the design acted on. Great stuff.

8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    If my theory is correct that each of these TV shows will follow a different character for each season (The Mandalorian, Cassian, etc), then I think it's not at all unlikely that Felicity will get her own show one of these years. So, yes please. We'll see!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    there's probably a whole TV series leading up to "how Jyn got in prison" (although I think that was covered in her own novel)

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It was covered in the novel; but I'd certainly be interested in watching a live action series portraying the story.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    There's so much more they can show of her time with Saw and his partisans.

12. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Such a show couldn't really make use of Felicity Jones though, after all, Saw left Jyn behind at the age of 16, that's a bit too young to be portrayed by Jones ;)

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    30 plus year olds are constantly playing teenagers. The Americans being a prominent example. It’s not hard. And Felicity looks very young for her age.

14. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    But 30 year olds don't tend to play themselves as an old version and then later on as a much younger one as well. That only works when you make heavy use of makeup and stuff to make the older version look much older than the actor actually looks like (e.g. Back to the Future). It isn't really possible when the actor plays the old character in the way she actually looks and then has to get younger as another main role. There are means to make someone look far younger digitally, but that is a rather extensive process and not really meant for the entirety of a main role, just for tiny flahsbacks or that sort of stuff.

There is also a difference between playing a teenager who is basically a young adult, and playing a teenager who is 15 or younger. The latter is not really something a 30+ year old can realistically play.

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Er, no. A little makeup, and they can easily de-age Felicity. It’s not as if she’s in her 70s. She’s only 36 years old. You’re turning a simple filmmaking trick into an impossibility.

16. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    My favorite scene in R1. Felicity is absolutely incredible in it. Another Star Wars actress destined to receive an Oscar one day.

AhsokaSolo and Bor Mullet like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The best acting across all the films, IMO.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I’d put Jyn’s speech to the Alliance on top with that scene as a close second.

19. K-2S0

K-2S0 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2019
    Rogue One has some spectacular acting throughout but she is absolutely the beating heart of it all in the end.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  20. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
  21. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Actually thought Jones was a little blahhh, personally. Fine, got the job done and all, but basically any actor could have been cast and pull it off the way she did, she doesn't really stand out or anything.

Certainly not as memorable as a Daisy or John. Loved all the supporting cast though.

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I prefer her subtler style of acting to Daisy’s overacting. Felicity is an Academy award-wining actor with a range and depth that Daisy hasn’t even come close to achieving yet. I think she’s the most compelling lead actor in Star Wars thus far.

23. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    I remember upon watching it, kind of thinking they may have been better suited casting another way. Either a little more stoic & soldier-y like say a Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter type of thing, or slightly-older & snarkier/cynical, Amy Acker or someone like that (which would have only worked with someone else as Galen).

It all worked fine though, nothing to complain about at all. There's clearly been far worse actors in far worse parts, Jyn wasn't anything less-than in the slightest. Felicity's been in good stuff, I just kinda find her a little generic-clipped-accent-British-chick without much remarkable, but that's fine too.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  24. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Does anybody notice the total "come at me bro" look that Jyn has on her face while Cassian is holding her back after she runs into the two guys from ANH on Jedha? It's such a small and quick detail, but it shows how completely in character Felicity was during filming. This is just one of many subtle nuances she brought to the role. But I've always found that one in particular to be really cool and kind of sexy about Jyn.

25. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I agree with every word of this. I hadn't thought of in the bolded terms though. I compared her to DR and Jyn to Rey I guess just because they were new protagonists in the Disney era. It's a really good point that yeah, I do prefer her lead acting to HC and MH as well. R1 is the most grounded SW film imo, so that might have something to do with it. It's more subtle and serious, and I love what she brings to that. She isn't playing camp. DR and MH at least were specifically hired to play camp I believe. Camp can work very well in this franchise of course. I'm not knocking it. But yeah, Jyn is definitely a great cinematic representation in tone of some of the more serious SW Legends stories that I really wanted to see on screen.