main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    You can post stories for this challenge any time before the deadline, and that’s true of most of the challenge threads we have here. It’s really only in the MMM that the “do not post before the deadline” rule applies. :)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    Vek Talis likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :D @Vek Talis -- I believe this is due by--so as long as it's up before or on the date of the 7th, it's fine, unlike the MMM which has to be posted on the exact date of the specific challenge.

Findswoman and Vek Talis like this.
  3. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Thank you, ladies. @};-

My response, Complications is up! Thanks for the awesome challenge, OTP sock person. :p

4. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Not sure if I get mine done in time. Fear I have to drop out of this challenge.

5. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    You are very welcome, @Vek Talis! @Sith-I-5 and @Anedon (or anyone else feeling uncertainty or trepidation), if there is any way I can be of help to you, do let me know; otherwise, I completely understand about RL eating up time and energy. @};-

So here I am again to announce that there is one week left in OTP Challenge #9! Just one week to get your stories in by the January 7 due date, and voting will begin shortly afterward. We've got three fine entries so far—any more to come? :D

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Had an idea. Could not progress it.

Had a second idea. Wrote what I think would be 50% of the story, then found it fell afoul of the "focusses on a pairing" rule.

Had a third idea, chapter in one of my projects, but it would have required out of character action by two of my OCs that I could not square. :(

I'm now reminded that getting to the end of something, is a goal, so I plan to return to the second one, where I at least got words down, and just accept that it breaches one of the criteria.

My muse has also been distracted by how I can get Uncle Snoke and the kids into that temporary Yule scenario on the roleplaying forum. But those things tend to end right after New Year, and I don't think it can accommodate a being the height of my Snoke, anyway.

Edit: Mm, that may be the ticket. 1083 words added.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I still have ideas.

I need Hermione's clock thingy.

Wait, wrong fandom. :D

Kahara likes this.
  8. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
  9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    And now you remind me of how much I miss being that sock...though I was a smelly sock. :(

10. Vek Talis

Oct 12, 2018
    It's ok, @Ewok Poet ... I would make for the smelliest sock of them all, so there. :p

Ewok Poet and Kahara like this.
  11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Kahara, Vek Talis and Findswoman like this.
  12. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Excellent, excellent! The challenge index has been updated, and we're now at a total of five stories. This is what I love to see! :D

@Sith-I-5, could I ask you for just a couple things: (1) please check that I got your story's pairing right in the challenge index, and (2) please indicate the plot point/reason you received for the OTP challenge in the headings of your story. Thanks much. :)

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sorted.

And your index shows the correct pairing.

Kahara, Vek Talis and Findswoman like this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Just when I am supposed to *work*, I have a plot bunny to combine this with the MMM challenge, out of all possible challenges.

Findswoman likes this.
  15. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I will not make the deadline, sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Findswoman likes this.
  16. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
  17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Man I love this challenge so much, but the muse just isn't cooperating at the moment, so nothing from me this time. :(

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Findswoman likes this.
  18. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    All right, everyone, it's time to VOTE on OTP Challenge #9: The Distant Beloved! We really had a superb turnout for this one, with six excellent and very diverse stories. Kudos to all who took part. =D=

Here are the stories we have in the running (listed alphabetically by author's name):
    Here's what to do: PM your vote to this sock by 11:59 pm PST on Tuesday, January 22. (So you'll have about two weeks to read and vote.)

Here's what not to do: vote more than once, vote for yourself, vote using a sock as well as your normal account, vote for something that's not on this list or that is not votable, etc., etc.

Here's when the winner will be announced: on or about Wednesday, January 23 (barring all RL catastrophe). The winner's story title will then be announced in the thread title for a week!

Happy reading and voting! :)

mavjade , Vek Talis, Kahara and 3 others like this.
  19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
  20. Vek Talis

Oct 12, 2018
    That was a difficult vote, but mine is in. :D

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  21. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    That is a fantastic list of stories for a truly fantastic challenge! Well done, everyone. =D= [:D] Now, to actually choose a favorite . . . it's going to be a close race, something tells me. [face_thinking] [face_love]

Vek Talis, Kahara, Ewok Poet and 3 others like this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    That it was, for me, as well. [face_love] =D=

Vek Talis, Kahara, Ewok Poet and 3 others like this.
  23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh this is hard; each one feeling better than the last.

24. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    One week left to vote, friends! Four have come in so far—let's see how many we can get! (Ten? :D)

25. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Me again—just a couple days left to vote! Again, you have till the end of the day Tuesday, January 22 (11:59 PM PST, to be precise). Send ’em on in! :D