main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Watch Star Wars Every Day 2019

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by he-guy, Dec 30, 2018.

1. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    With the "final chapter of the Skywalker saga" arriving in less than a year, I think it's time to plan the ultimate Star Wars Marathon!

While most people would just consider watching the newest versions of the 10 films and possibly an animated series or two (Star Wars: The best order to watch every movie and TV show | The Independent https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...ns-rogue-one-last-jedi-new-hope-a8363686.html), there is an endless amount of video content out there to get you ready for Episode IX.

I'd like to watch at least 20 minutes of Star Wars content daily in 2019, including films, television shows, documentaries, fan productions and more!

Sent from my Power Sword using the Force

2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    =D=[face_hypnotized][face_monkey]

3. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    While I thought I would be starting off the year with a New Year's Day viewing of an Episode I documentary, it was a very unexpected option instead.

Shortly after blowing up the Death Star at midnight (by starting ANH at 20:02), the party decided Caravan of Courage would be fun to watch. This was the first viewing of the Ewok Adventure for many in the room, but lets just say it was better that the drinks were flowing. ;)

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  4. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I expect daily updates on the progress. You're off to an inauspicious start...

5. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002

This Vader fan film came out a few weeks ago, and my Star wars viewing for today was some of the Behind the Scenes videos where the creator explained how the film was approved by Lucasfilm as long as he did not accept any crowdfunding (had raised $70k, but money never taken) and he could not monetize the actual video on YouTube. He now raises money through Patreon, and so far has just funded this first film of a planned five parts.

I also watched some audition videos of people wanting to play Padme, Palpatine and the voice of Vader for the film. Fun stuff.

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Was this fan film any good? At 16 minutes that's a serious investment of my time! ;)

7. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Yes, get some popcorn and a soda.. well maybe a small soda, it goes by quick.

8. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Today's selection was a look ahead to all things Star Wars happening in 2019 and a breakdown of Obi-wan's great line from ROTS that inspired a meme.

9. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Star Wars videos over the weekend included lots of Battlefront II bloopers and moments as well as this little tribute video to Obi-wan. It starts off slow, but is a very comprehensive collection of Kenobi.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  10. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Hyperspace Hoopla from Star Wars Weekends 2013. This annual event has been discontinued due to Disney's plans to expand the everyday presence of Star Wars in the theme parks. Forgive the silliness, I thought it was fun viewing at the time.

11. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Watched some Star Wars toy videos as well as the following. Despite the title, there is nothing spoilerific about it. Made prior to Episode VIII, it discusses using clues from Star Wars past to figure out how Disney may wrap up Episide IX. While it's a fun idea to think an ending has been planned for 40+ years, I'm sure the actual ending will come from the mind of JJ Abrams circa 2014. :)

12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    No spoilers! ;)

13. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    It's been a year since TLJ came out, do you still feel the same way about this divisive film?

14. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    So, Hasbro reissued some of their 6" Black Series, this video compares each version. You've really gotta enjoy action figures to enjoy this video... or maybe you'll think the minutia of action figure collecting is humorous.

15. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    No, I haven't stopped in my plans to #WatchStarWarsEveryDay, I've just been watching some potentially boring things. I'll have a more concrete plan layed out by the time of our Get Together this upcoming Saturday. In the meantime, here's a selection of recent viewed Star Wars vids:

I haven't built this type of model since I was a little kid, was not good at it and did better with Legos. This video has me interested in models and the droid here looks fantastic!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  16. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    One thing that distracts from trying to #WatchStarWarsEveryDay is other being a fan of other franchises, something the owner of this collection can relate to I'm sure. While there are just a few Star Wars items contained here, good lord there's a lot of Iron Man.

17. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Occasionally when trying to #WatchStarWarsEveryDay you're going to find some duds. While my 10 year old loves this video, I just don't know how crazy I am about dancers in Stormtrooper costumes. What say you, do you still enjoy seeing this type of thing, or are you over it?

18. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I swear this is something I dreampt months or possibly even years ago (which made much less sense at the time) and certainly before it actually became a thing or I'd planned to #WatchStarWarsEveryDay but the recently successful Vader fan film is now being monetized by a law firm that controls Star Wars music for Disney. Such a weird chain of events, which he explains in the video.

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'm so over it. I thought it was kind of silly in the first place, but maybe I'm too much in that "get off my lawn" stage of my life...

20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    So he used Star Wars music and is all boo-hoo because Disney Music (who owns the copyright) is taking the residuals? Please. Maybe if he composed new music that was Star Wars-ish he wouldn't have had this problem. It's called copyright law, dude.

21. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Star Wars Theory guy got a big fan response to the situation. The composer he'd hired made music sounding too close to the Imperial March.

Lucasfilm reacted to the negative publicity and had the monetization claim for the fan film removed. :)

22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Lol to the whole thing. Whole lotta smoke and frenzy over it, imho. Dude should know by now how to tread carefully around copyrighted works. Especially Disney/SW ones... :oops::-B[face_peace]

he-guy likes this.
  23. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I can tell you why Obi-Wan is always getting attention (because he's the ultimate Jedi), but after taking on Maul, and before taking on Anakin/Vader he did duel with this guy:

24. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    The plan for #WatchStarWarsEveryDay 2019 has been revealed. Chronologically, Old Republic stuff this week before getting into Phantom Menace. I'll try to post a calendar shortly so you can play along from home. In the meantime, what say you about a connected universe? Are Indy and E.T. connected to a Galaxy far, far away?

25. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Who knew?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019