main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 SWCC Panels and Programming (and Queuing)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Jun 8, 2018.

1. KyloSpence

KyloSpence Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2016
    Someone say karaoke???

ChrisLyne likes this.
  2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
  3. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    It might be too early for that one. The show won't even start filming til next year. I am not sure we will even get a future films panel. Either way, a lot of good stuff to look forward to.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  4. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Best guess is they'll do a live action TV panel where the main focus is The Mandalorian but they at least mention the Cassian project, hopefully bring along Diego Luna and confirming a few extra details (like K-2SO).

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  5. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I will be camping overnight for this panel! Easily what I'm anticipating most in the future for Star Wars.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I hope there's not an overnight for a (theoretical) future films panel.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  7. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I don't think a future films panel would be big enough to get an overnight, especially with the arena. All they'll really want to do pre-IX is tease a couple of bits, maybe confirm an era and principal casting. At most it will be a proof of concept type trailer (like Rogue One had in 2015). They won't have started filming so there will be nothing to show.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Agreed, although I realize now he was referencing tv. The Mandalorian will get it's own panel. It will be far enough along that they won't try to cram other projects into it.

I think if they do a future panel it will include films and television since it seems there will not be much to talk about in the way of films.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  9. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    That’s actually a very good possibility. Group RJ’s trilogy, B&W’s saga, the Cassian series and maybe more together in a Future of the Force panel or something. With solo panels for IX, Clone Wars, Mandalorian & Resistance.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yup. I don't think there will be any info on B&W's stuff at all since my understanding is they're not doing anything until after they finish GoT.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  11. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm really happy with the announcement of a show based on Cassian Andor. He very quickly became one of my favorite SW characters. And I had a feeling there was more to his story that they were going to get to soon. Now I'm really looking forward to having more material to delve into in the world of Rogue One.

I'm still waiting on Anovos to get back to me about if or when they will have his jacket back in stock. This gives me high hopes that it will be available again by the time Celebration is here. I'm still thinking about cosplaying as him for Celebration, but I can't realistically make that decision and put the effort into it until the start of next year. This announcement will definitely give me some motivation. I, for one, do not have a bad motivator.

As far as a future films panels goes, or a more general future of SW panel, usually those take place towards the end of Celebration. And while it will still be popular and a lot of people will go, I doubt it will require an overnight. A lot of that fervor from the first couple of days will have died down, and it shouldn't be difficult to get into. Unless of course they announce an actor who will draw that kind of demand.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  12. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
  13. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Must admit I know nothing about Second City. Heard of Saturday Night Live but we don't get it here in the UK.

14. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    I'm considering doing the overnight for the Episode IX panel. Anyone have any thoughts on what I should bring to survive the night. As in, what can I bring that will fit in a backpack, but also be allowed into the building the next day. I've heard differing things on what's allowed and what's not.

Also, if one wants to get in, what actually constitutes "overnight"? Let's say the IX panel is Friday. Do you need to be in line by 8PM on Thurdsay? 10PM? Midnight?

Do we think the overnight campout will be in the arena, or will people be literally sleeping outside in the elements in Chicago? That could get dicey in April.

I'm new to all this. So, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    There are so many unknowns that it is tough to answer at this point. We don't even know for sure if there will be an overnight.

I think one must to have is a portable phone charger.

In terms of when you need to be in line, that's purely up to your fellow fans. In Orlando, I believe the line capped around 10 PM or so. Wintrust Arena can hold quite a bit more than Orlando could, but will people remember what happened there and line up even earlier? Who knows?

In Orlando, the line started outside and was moved inside at 8 PM when the overnight was supposed to officially start. Obviously, waiting outside in Chicago could be rough that time of year.

You really just need to be patient. It will be a while before we know how things will work, but you'll have time to figure out a plan. Trust me, when there is an announcement on procedure, there will be heavy discussion here on what to do.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  16. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Like stated above, a lot of different factors play into what you can do. For example, rules said no chairs that can’t fit in a bag and at the 40th panel queue, people had big chairs AND a queen size inflatable mattress. I kid you not. One of those times I wished I ignored the rules.

My friend and I planned to get in line for the 40th around 7:45pm, rules said it would start at 8. After hearing about the line growing all day on this forum, we decided to check it out and see how long it was at 5:30. After realizing there were roughly 350 in line already, we decided to stay. Based on that experience alone, here is what I recommend (depending on the size of your backpack this can change obviously)
    -portable phone charger
    -snacks (the venue ran out of all food before 3am, drink selection was also very limited at that time. And these were from vending machines. Gotta hope they have access to those where you are queuing)
    -blanket. It makes it better than sitting/sleeping on the concrete floor. Also probably bring 2, it can get quiet cold in there and for what I heard, the next night queue basically froze all night
    -inflatable pillow. You’ll miss it when you don’t have it to rest on. I used my backpack. But yeah if you can get one to blow up, it’s better
    -something to entertain you with. Also headphones. If you plan to watch anything, it’s too loud for you to hear well.
    -wipes and toiletries. My friend and I had planned to get back to the hotel for a shower after we got our wristbands at 6am and then get back in line. I mean we had our wristbands saying we were in the room right? Yeah that fell through. Seeing the chaos of the line outside prior to 6am through Facebook and here, we wisely stayed put. However freshening up more than what we did with what we had would have been great.Also plan that whatever you are wearing at time of queuing is what you are wearing the next day. Unless you bring clothes.

Foldable chairs are great. You can do the little one that fits in your back or you can be bold and break the rules. It’s hard knowing if they will accept it or not.

We won’t know about queuing till like the week prior so just keep an eye out on the forum and be ready.

ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  17. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Also since EA has cancelled yet another game, I think they should not even show up to Celebration. Save that panel slot for something else

Darkslayer likes this.
  18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    All of this...or just steal @Padme501st's VIP badge. :)

MotivateR5D4 and Padme501st like this.
  19. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Lol all that trouble getting the badge for Mark to probably not show up? His line was one of the reasons I wanted VIP! I’ll just go therapy shopping at the Celebration store that I hardly get to see

20. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    A pity if Mark doesn't show up. I've seen his panels before so it's not really a priority, but his shows are always great fun.
    After passing on a Carrie autograph at SWCE in 2016, I don't think I should miss any more opportunities...

Padme501st likes this.
  21. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    EA are a bit of a bad joke at this point but they have Jedi: Fallen Order to reveal so I'm still expecting them to get a full panel.

@superstardestroyer-1 -- @star_wars_is_good & @Padme501st have pretty much covered everything. The one thing I would add is consider what your Thursday plan is. Thursday's show floor times are later than other days, open 1pm-8pm. Assuming the official queue start time is unchanged, show floor will be closing just as the line is officially starting (and plenty of people will already be in line at this point)

Basically if you want to see show floor/shop/get autographs on Thursday then the likely hood is you'll be going straight from the show floor to the over night queue. So plan you what you're wearing and what you take with you accordingly.

Padme501st likes this.
  22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They'll have a panel to announce it is cancelled.

Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  23. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Or they’ll cancel it the following month. I remember sitting through the StarWars 1313 panel RIP

24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I didn't realize they'd had a panel for that! Man, I wish they hadn't cancelled that, it looked so good.

Padme501st likes this.
  25. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    The panel got me even more excited about the game and if I remember correctly, they showed us something that hadn’t been released prior as well. The amount of work they had put into it at that time was mind blowing

ChrisLyne likes this.