main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Richard E. Grant Character Speculation

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by The Bops, Jan 24, 2019.

1. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Saw that article when it appeared in the Telegraph. He also said he can't say anything til the film title and trailer appear in April (which implies both will be revealed at SW Celebration in Chicago).

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This is very exciting; go ahead and speculate and talk about it - just please remember that this is the No Spoilers Allowed section; NO rumours, NO "inside info", NO leaks. Your own theories and official info is all that is allowed here.

Have fun! :D

The Bops, godisawesome , EHT and 4 others like this.
  4. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    The obvious choices are Plaguis and Thrawn. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Question for you. Wouldn't official info be considered a spoiler?

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This is something that has been debated here, and there's no easy answer. For some, every tiny bit of information - even official info - is a spoiler. While for some, officially released info (trailers, posters, stills, etc.) is OK, since the powers that be chose to release it. For some, it's somewhere inbetween.
    On this particular forum, officially released stuff is allowed, while any and all kinds of leaks, rumours, etc. are considered spoilers and therefore not allowed.

That being said, we encourage people to use spoiler tags even for official images, and to not use specific info in thread titles, so as to make this place as safe as possible for people who want to stay completely in the dark.

I hope that clears it up. :)

The Bops likes this.
  7. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Rey's mom.

CowMoo, TheYodaPagoda and Sarge like this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Clone of Snoke without the physical damage?

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Today's Times (UK) magazine has Richard E. Grant in their 'What I've Learnt' column today. Most of the Q&A article is non-SW related but he does mention the filming process (not the film, so no spoilers). Article is behind a paywall so here's what he said:
    When I was asked about appearing in Star Wars, I had to go into a guarded room to read the script. On shoot days, you get script pages in sealed envelopes that you have to sign for. They're printed on crimson paper so you can't copy them. You also have to wear a cloak and hood from your trailer to inside Pinewood Studios, so that nobody can photograph you or see who you're playing. It is extraordinary.

TCF-1138 and Sarge like this.
  10. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Since his character's name seems to be a familiar one (why else would it cause such a reaction?), he could be any of these:
    a) a Tarkin. He certainly has the look for it. Don't know if that is enough to cause said reaction though.
    b) a Palpatine. Again, he looks the part. And if he turns out to be some long-lost relative of the Emperor, that could cause quite a stir.
    c) a Skywalker. How this would be possible, I have no idea. But it sure would cause a reaction.
    d) a Solo. But why? EDIT: My S.O. just reminded me that Solo isn't Han's given name, so that can't be it. Change this to Lumpy - he's Chewie's son.
    e) Darth Plagueis, also known as Rey's dad.
    f) Vice Leader Snoke - the Supreme Leader's no-good nephew. My money's on this one.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    TheYodaPagoda and Sarge like this.
  11. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    g) Resistance General? He could have two lines for all we know. "A death mark's not an easy thing to live with." "You're a good fighter, Dameron, I'd hate to lose you."

The Bops likes this.
  12. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    Wedge Antilles??

Sarge likes this.
  13. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I’d love to see darth plagueis!

14. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    Quick question: has it been confirmed officially that Darth Plagueis is Rey's dad ? I've been really out of it, so I don't know what has been confirmed and what is still speculation for Episode 9.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He's Janitor Jeff, and he's real fed up about cleaning up after your mess, Mr. Ren.

16. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    He was known for drunkenness and was last seen on Jakku searching his and his wife's possessions for drinking money.

17. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    Non-Spoiler Forum guys...

18. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    ... well, I'm hoping that it is still speculation. It does seem a bit too far-fetched for Darth Plagueis to be Rey's father. All evidence so far is that "The Last Jedi" was correct in that Rey's father and mother were nobodies.

However, Richard E. Grant may appear as Rey's father, in some kind of Force vision possibly. I think this is the most likely possibility.

19. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    The Darth Plagueis line was obviously a joke.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I sure hope so.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.