main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph On Earth, Everyone Can Hear You Scream: The Prometheus / Alien Discussion Thread (Romulus)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Whitey, Jul 30, 2009.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    There's an Alien mobile game out there, features Amanda Ripley from that Alien console game. Haven't played any of them, frankly, but it is a free Alien mobile game so maybe...?

2. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Don't think it's free... 5 bucks I think?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    blah hard pass

4. starwars23

starwars23 Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2019
    Is there a possible sequel to Covenant? I would think the aliens would kill all the humans on board given they are defenseless.

5. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    It has Amanda Ripley in it, Ellen's daughter, so it would be in the 57 year period in between Alien and Aliens.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Alien Blackout is a sequel to Alien Isolation.

Ridley once gave the title of "Awakening" for the next film. It's presumably supposed to bring things full circle. Disney merger keeps things up in the air for now.

There's a short, David-narrated, piece on the Covenant BD where David transmits his work back to Earth and mentions his goal is to create the Queen from Daniels.

7. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    alien isolation was a fantastic game. recreates the feeling of the first alien film very well. extremely immersive. i would recommend it to all yalls if you have the opportunity.

juday and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
  9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I remember when they announced that last summer- I really wanted to submit an entry for it (had an awesome sequence in mind, weirdly inspired partially by the original Frankenstein). The deadline was only a few days after they announced it and I was out of state for July 4th so I didn't have access to a desktop or laptop to write a proposal out on, alas.

10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Buried at the bottom of a Disney/Fox story is this tidbit

https://deadline.com/2019/03/fox-film-disney-paul-feig-universal-fox-layoffs-1202579443/

We’ve known for some time that film chief Stacey Snider won’t be part of the Disney future....Sources said that in the recent past she fended off an attempt by Hawley and FX to take the Aliens franchise and turn it into a miniseries

Wait, WHAT?! Hawley as in Noah Hawley of Fargo and Legion fame. Alien miniseries? I want that now! Can FX do Chestbursters? Like I watched all of the Strain and it was pretty gory. I would love an Alien mini-series or something or other. Kinda wish we got more than some fan productions for the 40th anniversary?

Oh why can't I get my multiple Alien-verse projects all at once? I promise I'll watch them all!

11. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Man, high school plays have come a loooonnngg way since I was wandering the hallways of compulsory learning. Some interesting details in the responses. Like, the school didn't have the funding to put on such a production. So the students made all of the costumes and props themselves, from recycled materials:

They even cut together a trailer for the school website with the warning "Any children under seven must be accompanied by an adult." [face_laugh]

The whole thing was an hour and forty minutes long, beat for beat with the movie with a few added scenes to allow for costume changes. The only thing they left out was the cat.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Man even the scream by the guy playing Kane sounded like it with the exact same cadence.

13. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Ridley’s response is pretty cool.
    [​IMG]

14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Not surprising- Alien was one of the more notable segments of The Great Movie Ride at MGM/Hollywood Studios and made their own copycat at another attraction (Alien Encounter) in Magic Kingdom, so I don't think they were going to become adverse to the franchise once they owned it (even if both of those rides are closed or re-themed by now). Still crossing fingers for Ridley.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm hoping for a crossover where the xenomorphors come to earth during the age of Planet of the Apes. Apes vs. Aliens sells itself.

I'm thinking it's doubtful that Ridley Scott will be able to continue with his "Prometheus" story line. Plus, I have really have any enthusiasm for this story either as Covenant was a huge let down from me.

BigAl6ft6 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Whatever happened to the story that they were going to follow David's story moving forward from Alien Covenant? Has that already been scraped because they've realized no one really cared about the character?

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I think Scott is plugging away at other movies, he has a big budget Disney historical epic I believe he's working on. I don't know if the script for another installment in the Prometheus / Covenant series has been written. Although you'd figure if Scott wanted to do more, they won't really say no cuz they've already said yes twice to Scott (even with Disney running them but there's still the old studio heads of 20th Century Fox around). And frankly I want to see where the heck David is going with all of those eggs.

But I've heard Scott say multiple times about different amount of movies, coulda sworn I heard five movie figure thrown about once, maybe he can wrap this uber-story up in a third one. Although if you watch Covenant, there is quite a lot of great Alien related gore and action, but the story is more interested in David and AI's view of humanity (which, from David's POV, is something he's not too enamored of since he's making aliens to destroy them). But it's not as if Scott completely bailed on the Alien in Alien, there's a whole bunch of them in Covenant. And the little chestburster that raises his arms after it's birth, that was awesome. hahah I need to watch Covenant again, it's definitely more rewatchable than Prometheus if only cuz it's messier.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Awakening was the title we heard last when Scott's multiple-more- movies comments seemingly got narrowed down to the more practical "one more film" comment.

One assumes things have been in a holding pattern given that Covenant performed in the "probably broke even but not notably profitable" range of a 2.5x multiplier vs Prometheus's more promising 3x multiplier. So it wasn't getting pushed into production right away before the Disney-Fox merger. And once the merger was in talks it wasn't likely to get greenlit until the merger was over.

Once Disney has more concrete ideas of what they intend to do with the franchise, one would think that they're likely to contact Ridley at that time and at least consider getting him to finish the series so that, at the very least, they have a more complete product to sell as they take it whereever it's going.

Besides, I don't think anyone would say that the problem with the prequels is they didn't care about David as a character. If anything, the problem is that he's the only character people cared about.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That's not true. I know I wasn't alone in saying that it was a big disappointment that they decided to kill off Elizabeth Shaw's character before the opening credits of Covenant.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's a disappointment only because of the build-up vs payoff of her character, though. That would have applied to any Prometheus character, no matter how good or bad of a character they were. David was still, by far, the most interesting character.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But David was still the side character in Prometheus.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Which is probably why his role was increased in AC.