main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars A New Hope in Concert with live orchestra!

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Leoluca Randisi, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    On Saturday I went to Star Wars A New Hope in concert with live orchestra at this great theater in Clear Water Florida called the Ruth Eckard Hall. it was great! we had obstructed view seats but immediately the usher hooked us up with way better seats, there was apparently a speaker blocking part of the screen that is why they were obstructed. the 501st Legion was there they even had a 7 foot Chewbacca I am guessing Chewie was on stilts. before the show in the outdoor eating area they had a guy playing Latin Jaz guitar kind of like the two albums ex Yankee Bernie Williams came out with. I thought the HD transfer of the movie was the best I have ever seen and the Tampa Bay Orchestra sounded great it was an awesome night!

Sarge, Howard Hand and Guidman like this.
  2. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Now I can't get the image of a full size Chewbacca on stilts out of my head.

Sarge and Leoluca Randisi like this.
  3. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I mean you couldn't see the stilts just Chewie's fur but what's the likelihood the person in the suit was actually 7 feet tall?

4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    The film was in 4k, I am sure.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    A New Hope in Concert is coming to Brazil, and there was no way in hell I was going to miss it.
    Today the tickets sale started, i went to the site to buy tickets for me and for my girlfriend... and it was really, really expensive. Now I'm not so sure I'm going to the concert, because besides the ticket price there's also an 18% (!) convinience tax from the site, so I would end up paying a lot of money for two tickets.
    What do you guys think? Was it super expensive? And is it really worth it?

6. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Movies with symphony are not cheap. Certainly nothing like seeing a film in theaters. My tickets were like $65 apiece and they were not in the premium sections of the concert hall.

7. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Yeah, I know, but they're more expensive than that here. I would buy it, but that 18% tax killed the deal for me. Converting to US dollars, I would end up paying something like $205 for two tickets that are also not even close to the premium section.

My girlfriend likes Harry Potter, and I went to the concert of that movie with her, it was much cheaper than what they're charging for the Star Wars one, we paid 150 reais for each ticket and something like a 5% tax, tickets for the Star Wars concert in the exact same section are 280 reais plus 18% tax. The same goes for The Lord of The Rings concert, much cheaper.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  8. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    What Lord of the Rings concert? The symphony thing that toured all the sports arenas?

9. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Not sure what it is, my friend is going to that and we compared prices.
    Here in Brazil the A New Hope in Concert will also take place in a soccer arena.

10. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Ew that's gross. Here they do the concerts in the usual concert hall for the orchestra... so it sounds good.

11. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Yes! That is so true, one more reason not to pay the price they're charging :/
    I have no idea why they are doing it in the soccer stadium [face_dunno]

12. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I refused to see the Star Wars music experience thing that was touring because it was in a basketball arena. I much prefer the Oregon Symphony at their concert hall.

13. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    depends on where you buy them back of the theater is generally going to be cheaper. I was in the back of my theater so my tickets weren't that bad but the place I saw it in doesn't have many bad seats in the house. This past Saturday at the same place I saw A New Hope I saw Empire Strikes Back with my dad and nephew! Empire Is my favorite Star Wars film I really enjoyed it!

@Strilo I saw Star Wars In Concert Narrated by Anthony Daniels he was actually in the arena in Baltimore at this cruddy old arena called First Mariner Arena but the sound was awesome they even had a laser light show official memorabilia from all the films and the local Baltimore chapter of the 501st was in the house! after the show we went to a restaurant called Pratt Street Ale House,
    [​IMG]
    I forget what year the Star Wars music concert was but I also saw every Lord Of The Rings film at this great outdoor amphitheater in Vienna Virginia called Wolf Trap. It is a National Park and the grounds are beautiful and they let you bring a cooler with food and Drinks beer and wine and champagne into the place with you. I think Its kind of like the Hollywood Bowl,
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019