main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 MOD Jedi Council name badge contest

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Jan 30, 2019.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It's the return of the forum name badge contest.

There will be thousands of people at Celebration, and in order to recognize people from the forum we would like to have a name badge.

Guidelines
    • The design should be a template so that people at the forums can download it print it themselves.
    • There should be space to write your name on it
    • The text "Jedi Council Forums" should be somewhere on it.

Post your submissions in this thread. Last day to add a submission is February 28th. After that we will have a poll in the forum to vote on our favorite. The Mod Squad has the right to withdraw any submission that isn't appropriate.

The winner will receive the great honour of seeing the name badge used by other people, but also forum VIP-ship from the announcement of the win to the end of Celebration.

As always try to be original, we don't want the name badge to be mistaken for the official badges.

2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'd rather just use my username so people would know who I am. Can I do that? I'm not much for designs though. But I could definitely wear a name badge with my username on it. We ought to have a mixer where everyone does that. That'd be way cool if a bunch of users from this entire board got together and did that.

Maybe when it gets closer we could at least organize a Celebration forum meet up at some point during that weekend. I've thought about that before, so I'll gauge everyone's interest a little later on to see if people would actually show up. Maybe when the traffic here is booming in mid-March would be a good time to make a thread for it, perhaps once the schedule is out so we could find an appropriate time that everyone can agree on. It shouldn't be too hard to find a time and location within McCormick, maybe for a lunch time meet up or something. Just throwing the idea out there for now. In Orlando somebody picked me out of a crowd after reading a message I wrote here about what I'm wearing during the first day line up, so that was kind of cool.

ChrisLyne and Amon_Amarth like this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    In our mod forum I had suggested spaces for username and country you've come from. Don't know how many people might want the latter.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  4. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    This sounds good and interesting. You say it is the return of forum badge contest... is there a link to previous examples that ended up being selected for guide examples. Also, can you submit more than one entry if there are different ideas. @MotivateR5D4 I like your username idea... I may design one with the silver and white color scheme of our recent colors.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  5. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Sounds like a cool guy...

6. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Hah! Man I don't even remember how we got to meeting up. Glad we did though, looking forward to it in Chicago.

The guy I referenced was a lurker who wasn't a registered member, at least that's what he told me. He literally picked me out and asked if I was MotivateR5D4. Meanwhile, you were too busy being all VIP and couldn't bother with us commoners during the line up. :rolleyes:

ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I met Obi Anne at a London Celebration, and CrazyMike (Collecting Mod) and a few other regulars over the years when they were in London.

8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I actually found you in the line on my way to the exclusive store time on Wednesday to taunt you with my VIP. :p You also briefly introduced me to @Padme501st on Sunday.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    Padme501st and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  9. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I definitely remember hanging out for a little while on Sunday. And then going over and talking to @Padme501st, which was really cool. But yea, I totally forgot about how we met initially.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  10. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I definitely think the badges should have space so you can have your forum name on it. I will see if I can find some of my old badges, if I can't find the old threads about it.

And you are free to submit several ideas.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  11. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I remember @MotivateR5D4 finding me in the Wednesday outdoor line soon after I got in line due to my backpack (I think? Lol). It was fun saying hi to each other basically every day (except Friday I think) while we were stuck in lines, lines and more lines. Definitely a must in Chicago

I remember at CVI there was a forum party on like a Thursday night and we had printable badges. The one I had was ROTJ Leia I believe with my username on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisLyne and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  12. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Nice, thanks for organizing the contest!

That would be cool! I really enjoyed meeting JCers at CE in 2007. I remember running into people in '16, but don't recall there was a specific get together.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

I threw this together. I'm sure someone else will do better. Feel free to steal the concept if you'd like.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  14. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Nice work!

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  15. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Exellent design I would like that!

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  16. zcure1

Sep 10, 2013
    This is a prelim design. Any suggestions would be welcome. I might do a couple different ones, with different ideas, including one building on the concept @star_wars_is_good shared. I was wondering if I should do any with space for our avatars as well as the name ? In the social thread someone mentioned about recognizing those easy. What do ya think ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Great job! Nice idea with the skyline. It even works as a callback to our Family Feud team. Minor nitpick, having both the tfn logo and spelling out theforce.net is a little repetitive.

As far as the avatars go, not everyone is going to be tech savvy enough to be able to add their own avatar. I'd keep it as simple as possible so anyone who wants to print one out and write in their name can do so with ease.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  18. zcure1

Sep 10, 2013
    @star_wars_is_good I agree with what you said. I am thinking logo only even though the squares don't actually say The Force.net. Also right about the avatar, better to keep it easy.

19. zcure1

Sep 10, 2013
    Updated prelim badge design. Silver on white for name area this time.

[​IMG]

20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    That's beautiful. I would it with TheForce.net spelt out instead if the logo though.

Skickat från min SM-A520F via Tapatalk

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  21. zcure1

Sep 10, 2013
    Updated prelim design. Added The Force.Net back, though not at the top because on the badges I think I should allow a blank area for a clip at the top for the lanyard attachment. These are prelim designs so any change suggestions are welcome.

[​IMG]

22. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I really like that. Btw, my post before this is a good example on why you shouldn't post in your bed, on your phone, at 7 am on a Saturday morning.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  23. zcure1

Sep 10, 2013
    One more final go with this design concept.

[​IMG]

24. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I like the last one with outlined TFN. The skyline fits in great!

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  25. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Sorry for the double post, here is what I threw together. Feedback is appreciated. Wasn't sure if I should got for spelling of TFN or the boxy logo.
    Also, I've just binge-rewatched a lot of Rebels, and it occurred to me that JCers are basically a bunch of Fulcrums. ;) Hence the Fulcrum symbol for the back side, if people wanna spice it up and have a backside of the badge.

A wretched hive (front & back)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

20th anniversary (front & back)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The ultimate weapon forum (front & back)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Back alternatives (+for those going to the Mando panel)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019