main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Story Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    There are no rumors or confirmations of Skellig Michael filming for 9, right?

I haven't seen anything to that effect, so it's not that likely that we will see a return to Ahch-To. Unless they have enough plate shots and aerials from the other two movies and just need any green hill or cliff to stand in for the jedi island...Or they just need the tree/cave set and nothing on the actual island. Could be a short sequence.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  2. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    I could see Rey returning to Ahch-To accompanying Kylo to his exile.

3. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    Disney would never put in something from the PT in the ST unless it's Darth Maul Reincarnated again.

Also, I really do think the Rey lineage thing is done. They've said over and over Kylo Ren was telling her the truth about her parents. They really were nobody drunkards who left her on Jakku.

4. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Western Michigan University?

5. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    This is exactly what RJ said:

"So, can I just make the statement, that’s who her parents are? They came from nothing, they’re buried in the desert, is that for sure?

RIAN JOHNSON: That’s what Kylo sees and that’s what he tells her and I think he’s not lying in that moment. That’s what he saw and she seems to believe it when she hears it. I don’t want to … I’m not writing the next film, we’ll see how they handle it going forward, and as we all know in these movies, there’s always a certain point of view that’s involved. But, for me, I’ll tell you that was the … I can understand why that answer doesn’t feel good. It’s not supposed to feel good. It’s supposed to be the hardest thing she could possibly hear in that moment."

Rey is the first one to say that her parents were "nobody', for Kylo pushed her into saying it herself... Kylo only nailed the coffin when he said they sold her off for drinking money. It coincided with what Maz told Rey in TFA: "Whomever you are waiting for on Jakku, they're never coming back".

Lol, makes me think that if Kylo told the truth, he would be the only male character who hasn't lied to her yet (excluding Poe, but she spent 2 sec with him): Finn lied when he claimed to be a Resistant, Han didn't mention that the student who had burnt Luke's Temple was his own son so it was a sort of lie too, and Luke lied when he claimed that he "confronted" Ben. As far as we know, everything that Kylo said happens to be true.

6. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    I definitely think Kylo is lying his pants off, and I REALLY REALLY hope he was. I REALLY REALLY hope Rey is a Kenobi.

But my friend insisted it's a done deal - Rey's parents are Nobody Drunkards. The quote my friend showed me was pretty convincing, little room for interpretation, so it must not've been that quote.

BTW, are there really any Episode IX Story Spoilers other than there's a time jump?

7. Mila Lazarus

Dec 29, 2018
    If Rey is not a nobody, the most plausible scenario would be that Kylo was not lying (or so were Rey and Maz? duh?), but that he genuinely said out loud what he saw in Rey's mind: Rey had souvenirs of being abandoned, and that's what Kylo saw. Hence the "certain point of view" mentioned by RJ.

8. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    I'm not sure. I'd have to dig the quote up. Interviews change. Scripts get rewritten.

Oh! I think the quote was one in reference to 'anyone can be a Jedi who wants to be a Jedi' and how a 'nobody like Rey' fulfills that. I could be wrong tho, so please please please understand. I'm not an expert on the ST.

Mila Lazarus likes this.
  9. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    There are some old rumors/theories that RJ shot some footage there that was meant to be held for Ep. IX but I think that’s been debunked by now.

Luke02 likes this.
  10. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Even if it was true, that was when Colin Trevorrow was writing/directing and before Carrie passed away. The story, or at least the way they're going to tell it, has likely changed a lot since then.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  11. Darth Geezy

Darth Geezy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    Here's something to consider - how could Kylo have intimate knowledge of Rey's past? Either he's lying to her and/or he played a role in her being abandoned.

12. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    Or he saw it while looking through her mind in TFA.

Jo Lucas and Krueger like this.
  13. david catterall

david catterall Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 10, 2013
    With the supposed title of episode IX being 'Balance of the Force' and people on social media talking about a new villain emerging in the film code named PRIME

It got me thinking about what we know

PRIME could refer to the PRIME JEDI who we were made aware of in the Last Jedi encyclopedia

The Prime Jedi image appears in the form of a tiled Yin and Yang style piece of art in the temple on Ach To

Yin and Yang, Rey and Ren, Light and Dark

The Prime Jedi would be the Balance of the Force, which lets face it doesn't have to be a good thing.

A balanced force might be a bad thing. It might mean some hard decision need to be made. Think Thanos style

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  14. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Does this warrant its own thread? It's vague speculation.

15. PhoenixRebel

PhoenixRebel Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2019
    Oh wow heard about the balance of force possible title but not about “ prime “ so what are other sites saying about him/her/it?

Wait a minute just re-read through your post so rey and kylo could both be the villain of episode 9 ? That certainly would be interesting. Reminds me of the bendus speech to kanan in Rebels season 3 where he said light and dark were united once before and if united could bring a clarity of vision but he also made it sound like if this happened it would signify doom . Your idea regarding Thanos certainly plays into this .

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Where is this Prime rumour originating from? Not reddit, please?

17. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    If you post that Balance of the Force image 43 more times I'm sure it will start to catch on.

18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Apparently you can also hear the voice of a dead person.

19. Mila Lazarus

Dec 29, 2018
    Or when they Skype forced, simply? Just like she read his mind and saw there was still good in him.

20. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Seriously, where is this “prime villain” thing coming from? Can’t find anything about it online.

21. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE.

22. PhoenixRebel

PhoenixRebel Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2019
    Yeah it was Reddit though the post has now been removed so you can’t check out what was said. ( I don’t know either ).

I find it interesting how with every movie in the sequel trilogy there is always this hyped rumour ie there is another villain - with TFA people thought it was Luke , with TLJ people thought it was luke and now there’s talk of “prime the villain for 9” who is code name for what could possibly be the prime Jedi( according to here ) - who wait for it - could still be luke even from beyond the grave . Lol! I doubt it but if this happens mark Hamill would have got his wish ( he always wanted this like Harrison Ford wanted to be killed off ) and snoke would have been a red herring all along . Luke is kind of like the bendu by the time of the TLJ - “ the one in the middle “ and certainly teaches this balance like in the middle philosophy to Rey so that would be a nice plot twist . Moreover has anyone read the comic version of TLJ? It presents Luke almost like a master magician with tricks up his sleeve . Not what he seems .
    Anyway it’s probably all BS and there is no other villain in episode 9. Maybe the red herring is kylo Ren - most of us want to believe he will eventually get redemption but maybe it’s because we can’t come to terms with the fact that HE is the villain( because he’s Han and Leia’s son)of the sequel trilogy .

23. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    If JJ were to put a "new" villain (or just head of KOR) then it's his way of making up for the fact that he no longer has Snoke to work with. But it can be woven nicely into the story by using Snoke's death as a way to jump start this new baddie.

24. Darth Geezy

Darth Geezy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    If it is in her mind, then why is she pretending she doesn't know the answer?

25. Cave of Erised

Cave of Erised Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    He could be exaggerating, which is a form of lying. I am kind of expecting her parentage to go the “from a certain POV” route in this way. Lies are more powerful when they contain a kernel of truth.