main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Aside from Dooku looking like he's wearing mascara and Yoda looking a bit too smug, I thought it was great.

I've only seen a couple of these shorts, but it's definitely cool stuff. Probably the best SW animated thing since the CW micro-series, IMO.

vong333 likes this.
  2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Dooku looks so much better than this...
    [​IMG]
    [face_sick]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    ^I dunno, I at least appreciate that TCW made him look more ordinary, which is kind of what's notable about Dooku's design. The short, while coolly animated, gave Dooku a very "Disney villain" look with those Jafar eyes.

Of course, micro-series Dooku is the top design in my book.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  4. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    He looks like Dracula, and it's great

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    You know I just thought about this stuff. This animation looks like the best star wars animated stuff since the CW micro series. Boy I wish the came out with full episodes in these styles of animation.

Togruta likes this.
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  8. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    ^Did they have to make Luke look so incompetent just to make Leia look more badass? Sorry, not a fan of that one.

wobbits and MatthewZ like this.
  9. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    lmao its not that serious who cares this was just as fun as the others

OrganicMeatbag and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    ^It was fun. I just didn't like that aspect of it.

11. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    You are right not to like it. It's pathetic agenda driven, sexist, offensive and not at all funny when you know what they are doing. How would I be treated if I made a cartoon making Leia or Rey look like a complete idiot like that? From the moment I saw Leia kick that weightless Stormtrooper in her earlier episode I was worried this might happen. You cannot make a female character look "strong" by removing male character's strengths. I think this has also proved my point that I had about SW:Resistance having an agenda behind making Kaz a clumsy fool.

So disappointed because I was really enjoying these shorts and this has now left a bad taste.
    [face_sick]

12. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I thought it was funny.

OrganicMeatbag and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Ask yourself what you are laughing at then, and WHY you find that funny.

14. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I like seeing iconic scenes with the antics ramped up to 11. Luke is an exaggerated caricature of himself from ANH, and Leia is the same. The actions are pretty much the same, but it's way more cartoony. And god **** the shot of Leia fuming as the stormtroopers, along with Han and Luke, looking on in horror is fantastic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Once again, you’ve allowed your fragile masculinity to cloud your perspective. These shorts exaggerate scenes from the film, and the attributes of the characters. So when we see Luke wield the lightsaber on Tatooine (a quiet affair in the film), it’s a huge, epic, glorious, literally ground-shaking event. And when we see a super-sassy Leia in her first action scene on the Death Star, she’s super, super, super sassy and badass. It’s the exaggerated tone of the series, and it’s consistent across scenes. It’s not an assault on the male ego. Unless you let it be.

16. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Hey, no need to start throwing insults. In the film, Luke in the Detention block is in no way how he is here. He does absolutely nothing even slightly silly, and he definitely knows how to fire the gun, he is from a dangerous world where it was necessary that he owned a hunting rifle since he was a child. He is not some half wit that doesn't know how to do anything. Likewise in the film Leia isn't even slightly mad, she is also happy when she sees Luke is not a Stormtrooper and Ben Kenobi is there. In this short though she acts to Luke without his helmet, like she did to a short stormtrooper, her look is of apathy and disinterest rather than her confusion and then surprised exclamation from the film. In the film she is then displeased when she finds out there was no real plan and so she took charge, this was good. Here though its like she has gone berserk.

The bridge scene is just ridiculous. In the movie Luke is actually taking charge here at first, he shoots the door panel to stop the stormtroopers from just opening the door (not stupid). He then protects Leia for a time by shooting at the opposite side stormtroopers, before he comes up with a plan. They then switch roles with Leia protecting Luke for a while until he is ready with the hook and line, he hooks it first time.
    I just watched it, there is no implication that Luke is incompetent in this scene AT ALL, no sign that Leia is frustrated with him and she certainly doesn't push him forcefully into the corner. This isnt an exaggerated portrayal of the scene in ANH. It is an agenda driven portrayal.

I have no problem with the Hoth or Endor clips.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    wobbits likes this.
  17. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I dunno, I kinda like the silliness here

It fits with the exaggerated animation style and embellishments to the story these shorts show off

I could totally see Luke not planning much past "save the princess" step of his plan, so Leia takes over and saves all their butts

"Can someone get this walking carpet out of my way? Into the garbage chute, flyboy!"

18. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I love the animation style of these series. Honestly my favorite among Disney SW animation.

Re: discussion above. I think you guys are taking this way too seriously. It’s just a fun re-interpretation of the OT. I can see them exaggerating ANH characters’ traits to make Luke the Clueless Farmboy and Leia the Gung-Ho Scary Princess just for the fun.

19. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Like I said before, If it was Luke the knight in white armour and Leia the helpless princess, would that be considered fun? What would Luke slamming a tied up Leia into a corner be called?

20. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    I guess no, but that’s not exactly how they came across in ANH either. Luke was a bit of a loser in ANH intentionally (hence “character development”) and Leia was a subversion of old stereotypes intentionally. This is just a comical exaggeration of the original intention.

21. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Luke was naive about the galaxy but he wasn't a loser. And Leia also did have a big, kind, caring side to her which this animation wants to ignore. This Leia is an unlikable egomaniac.

Seriously watch Leia in the cell as Luke comes in. Look at how different her emotions are between the two. Animation Leia almost can't be bothered to get up. Film Leia jumps up with surprise.

22. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    Okay but nobody is saying they are accurate representations. These shorts are presented form the start as exaggerated cartoon re-interpretations, and are not meant to be taken seriously. There were artistic liberties taken, and that’s fine. There is no need to be so worked up over it.

OrganicMeatbag likes this.
  23. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Not when they are entirely agenda driven.

24. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
  25. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    OK. I get that it's supposed to be cartoony and exaggerated, and some of it is pretty funny. The whole "make the girl look badass by making the guy look like a dumbass" thing is just a something I'm tired of and it gets on my nerves. You can't really deny that there's a lot of it in this short.

But I get it, context and all that. It's just a fun cartoony short. But if I don't like something, I don't like it. People still criticize the "exaggerated" cartoony Jedi powers in the micro-series; no reason why these shorts should be an exception.

wobbits and indydefense like this.