main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The MacGuffin in Ep. IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Regular Mustache, Feb 10, 2019.

1. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What do you all think the MacGuffin will do in Ep. IX? Here are a few ideas that come to mind that I'm not even sure I like but could see happening.

1) Rey uses the MacGuffin to give every potential Jedi the powers of a full fledged Jedi. We'll either get a montage of all the newly super powered Jedi across the galaxy rising up against the FO, or we'll learn that Rey and the Resistance have gathered a bunch of potential Jedi and when she activates the MacGuffin the Resistance all of a sudden have a platoon of Jedi at the ready.

2) Similar idea as the first one, Rey uses the MacGuffin to temporarily give Force powers to many, (everyone?) in the Resistance.

3) The MacGuffin gives Rey the power to channel all the power of the Force in the entire galaxy. Since the Force flows through every living thing Rey is able to harness the power of the Force to incapacitate everyone in the First Order simultaneously.

4) Kylo will want to use the MacGuffin to prevent anybody else from using the Force in the Galaxy.

The rumor that the MacGuffin is "delightful but somewhat controversial" makes me think it could be cheesy and you're either on board with the cheesiness or you're not.

2. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I have a feeling it’s gonna be that dumb steamroller.

3. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    The green instant muffin thingy Rey cooked up in her AT-AT in the Force Awakens is actually called a MacGuffin. They are indeed delightful, but controversial on a caloric level.

4. PhoenixRebel

PhoenixRebel Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2019
    Ok so you started the food analogies because now every time I think of macguffin am picturing a giant mc muffin ! Lol! [face_laugh]
    Initially when I heard about the macguffin I thought darksaber ( bringing the mandalorians into the war) , Luke’s compass ( which am assuming allows the user to navigate hyperspace , time and space through the force ) or the kazerhath device ( mentioned in the Poe comics )that a light and dark sider have to open but nobody knows what it contains. All things that could potentially turn the tide of the war but MSW say the macguffin is delightful but controversial so am back to square one . [face_dunno][face_thinking]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    "A Porg McGuffin with cheese meal with a diet coke please"
    "Is that all? Drive thru."

6. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    It's breakfast time here and this thread is seriously making me consider a drive to MacDonalds in the rush hour before I start working. Godammit I'm going. Thanks thread!

7. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The MacGuffin will be a Abe Sapien Cameo
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  8. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    I dread to think. Some force related mumbo-jumbo probably. A set of scales so they can finally bring balance to the force.

I’m hoping it’s something a bit more left field. Grievous’s robotic wang perhaps. It would make the ultimate saber hilt.

9. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

If this guy's name is not MacGuffin....

10. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I wonder if it could be a place, rather than an object. I'm thinking of the "Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight" game, where the characters were racing to find the lost Valley Of The Jedi. Whatever it is, I do like the idea of having an Indiana Jones kind of adventure in SW, and it seems like the sort of thing that's well-suited for JJ's fast-paced style, though I am a bit worried about the "delightful but somewhat controversial" description.

Cave of Erised likes this.
  11. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I thought it was Q?

Darth Smurf likes this.
  12. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Delightful but somewhat controversial brings to mind Leia’s space walk.

13. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Now that you said it.

14. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I was hopeful of that for The Last Jedi prior to release. I had conjured up in my head that Luke was on Ach-To looking for the first Jedi Temple, especially when the visual dictionary was released showing Luke in travelling clothes with a knapsack and a compass. I figured that we were going to get a quest type story with Luke and Rey heading off in search of it, with Kylo and his Knights of Ren in hot pursuit.

Instead we got Luke the miserable, tit-milk swigging fisherman who did nowt lol

Jo Lucas, DBPirate, KSennia and 4 others like this.
  15. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
  16. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Jacen Syndulla should be the MacGuffin. (or Plagueis of course)

17. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I hope that the McGuffin (if there is any) is other Force sensitives that both Rey and Kylo are looking for. Kylo-to gain a new apprentice while hunting down those who will be a threat to him. Rey to find Force sensitives, protect them, and eventually start a new Jedi academy with them.

18. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    A chosen one!

19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    The McGuffin in Episode IX will be a Egg McMuffin.

20. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Well... he was looking for the first Jedi Temple and found it... to kill it with FIRE!!!

21. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    There was a rumor a while ago that the B-plot of the film is Kylo and the Knights of Ren hunting Force-sensitives. The guy who posted it was also someone who leaked story details for TLJ that turned out to be true, so take that as you will.

Jo Lucas likes this.
  22. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Ewan McGuffin..... Rey Kenobi confirmed.

23. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah I was hoping for kinda the same thing. Luke was on a quest to find something (the key to why the dark side keeps returning and even more powerful each time) and Rey was kinda a missing piece therefore they go off on an spiritual adventure together that not only led them thru the secrets of the first Jedi temple but also to other planets. What. Could. Have. Been.

24. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    I got a feeling it'll be the threat of Snoke returning. It will affect both Rey and Kylo.

Jo Lucas likes this.
  25. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A baby, or its pregnant mother. Thought to be the next Chosen One.
    A bit like Children Of Men.

Playing on a Galaxy obsessed with saviours and heroes

In the end, the kid just turns out to be just another kid.

Jo Lucas and Darth Dookacas like this.
  26. Dominus Libertas

Dominus Libertas Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2016
    [​IMG]

Jo Lucas likes this.