main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    Will give it a try, have a vague idea regarding it. This was my last week in university for this semester so I should have time.

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  2. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    All right, it’s yours! :D

And now all the plot points for this challenge have been taken. Can’t wait to see what you folks’ muses will bring us! :)

3. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Whoo hoo! We filled the bus - all the seats are taken![face_party]

Can’t wait to see what people come up with!

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Choreographing story through my mind, and a question has come up.

If you spend hours trying on dresses to find the right one, do you enjoy the whole process, or is it a bit of a stress until you feel you have picked the perfect outfit?

Findswoman and Kahara like this.
  5. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    @Sith-I-5, personally I'd say stress all the way if it's for an upcoming event and I can't find a specific necessary item or something. But if it's more general choosing between various relatively good options then an hour or two is okay -- several would be a lot to me but mileage varies greatly for some people.

Findswoman likes this.
  6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I think it depends on the person and situation. I, and most people I know, hate trying on dresses simply because dressing rooms tend to be hot, small and stuffy - the whole process can be rather uncomfortable and sweaty, which just makes the process more stressful. And there's a bunch of different considerations in trying to find the right dress such as fit, price, and appropriateness for the given event. Of course, more time, effort, and stress is going to go into more 'high stakes' events such as your sibling's wedding VS some random cocktail party.

But, on the other hand, something like trying on wedding dresses is usually much more enjoyable. Not saying less stressful, but as Kahara mentioned, if you have a ton of options all in your price range or if the dress is going to be modified to your measurements, then it'll be fun.

Findswoman likes this.
  7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you both for responding, and especially @Briannakin for bringing up the matter of context and location; I had in my head, my femme in the bathroom of a hotel suite, with already purchased outfits, and totally did not occur to me all the other places where the same process can occur.

Both responses were very helpful, so thank you both again.

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  8. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I can’t think of anyone who would spend more than 5 minutes figuring out which dress to wear to an event. Most dresses are fairly event-specific so unless you’re the Queen of Naboo that got narrowed down with the purchase. I have, personally, about 5 work dresses, one “fancy” cocktail dress (too good for work), and two gowns for formal weddings. And I’m kind of a fashion girly girl.

If you’re story is about trying on different outfits to see which one you like best, maybe expand beyond dresses? I have tons of skirts and shirts and pants that could take a while to decide over.

9. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I like looking at old paintings of balls for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  10. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Is it wrong that I've already begun my challenge? :D

Oh, My Head starring Britmar Seclu, part 1 of 2 or 3 is up!

TheRynJedi, divapilot, Kahara and 3 others like this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  12. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I know that the last thing that my fanfiction plate needs is another WIP, but inspiration hit me for this challenge and hit hard, what can I say? I have part one of probably four or five up and started, that way I can finish before the deadline. I am determined. :p

"Build Our Hopes Again" is on the NSWFF side of things, and is something completely new and different for me! The story is set in the My Hero Academia fandom, featuring my OTP Toshinori Yagi/Inko Midoriya. [face_love]

And, I have a question for our hostess! I have an idea percolating for a Star Wars plot bunny too. Would it be permissible to write two entries for the same prompt? Even if one story wasn't eligible for voting? :) [face_thinking] Either way, I thank you for setting up such a wonderfully fun challenge. My muse has been having a blast! [face_dancing] [:D]

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Very impressed with how quickly people are rolling out their entries.

Hopefully, given how many there are, I won't be last.

Kahara, mavjade , Vek Talis and 2 others like this.
  14. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
  15. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    I have an outline for mine, but with my move and new job I have no idea when I might have it written, hopefully by the deadline :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kahara, Sith-I-5, Vek Talis and 2 others like this.
  16. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    All righty doo! Index updated now; I think I should have everyone who’s contributed so far. If I’ve missed anything, or if anything up there is incorrect, please let me know.

Yes, it’s totally OK to write to entries in two different fandoms on the same prompt, but I’d ask that you please choose just one of them to be eligible for voting. :)

17. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    So: more than a year after the due date went fluttering past me, I have something up for the "Fairy Tale...IN SPACE!" challenge.

"Water Flowing Underground"

Ewok Poet, Kahara, divapilot and 3 others like this.
  18. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Excellent, @Pandora! Thank you so much; I've got it in that challenge's index now, with the out-of-competition stories. If you could make sure I got the character's name right, that would be great—thanks again. :)

And by the way, people, it is always totally fine to submit stories to be indexed as part of a challenge even after the due date, voting, etc. are past. This is true of pretty much all the threads I (Finds) host. :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  19. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    Thanks (and you're welcome) @Captain Rakkaus! And yes, you have the character's name down right.

Findswoman likes this.
  20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    =D= Well done, @Pandora
    Despite being a year late, you have still completed ahead of my entry for the same challenge.

Findswoman likes this.
  21. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    Thanks, @Sith-I-5--but my entry is still a work in progress as well. I suppose it would have been more accurate to write that I have started something for the challenge, as I have many words yet to go. It just took me so long to write what I have this far that I decided (contrary to my rule that is hardly even a guideline at this point against posting WIPs) to put up that first post.

Findswoman likes this.
  22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    So the race is still on.

27/03/2019 edit - a little bit closer now, to finishing my Fairytale in Space, entry.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    Findswoman likes this.
  23. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    With just eight days to go on this challenge, I hope to see more entries coming soon - there are so many fabulous prompts and talented authors signed up to write for them! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with! [:D] [face_dancing]

As for me, my muse has decided that she's quite enamored of my prompt, and actually followed through on the impetus to write two stories! I now have "All That's Unsung" up on the SW side of things, happily featuring my Anakin/Padmé OTP in my AU Song!verse. [face_love]

So, as a note for our esteemed hostess, I would like this story to be my official offering for the challenge. I adore my NSW entry to pieces, but, erm, it's gotten long. I somewhat shamefully still haven't included the challenge criteria, and neither do I think I will by the deadline. [face_blush] So, that's just going to be a bonus tribute to a fantastic prompt, and a wonderful challenge. Thank you! :) [:D]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I have doubts that I will be finished by the deadline, as my muse just wanted to over-complicate things.

I also, have got nowhere near including the actual challenge prompt.

As I now know, that all I have to do, is post something by the deadline, to have my entry included, I'm not fussed or stressed.

Edit: just re-read the rules - goes wrong because of the challenge prompt.

Doubt it will help me complete any sooner, but just had an idea how I can include the prompt at an earlier point, and make it responsible for the disaster my pairs' experience.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  25. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    I'm not going to have my story done by the deadline. My family's cross-country move took nearly a month longer than expected (it took us 3.5 weeks to get into a home, we're still unpacking).

So, will post when written, but won't be by next week.