main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    You need to relax. As explained, there is a consistently exaggerated/ caricaturized tone to the characters and storylines depending on the dynamics in this series. Luke is insanely badass during the Death Star trench run and when he takes up his father’s lightsaber, and we simply get a different take here based on the comedic nature of the DS rescue scenes in ANH. That consistency is a huge stake in the heart of your theory that an “agenda” is driving the portrayal of Han, Luke and Leia in that short. Looks like you have an agenda, not the other way around.

OrganicMeatbag and La Calavera like this.
  2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I'm quite relaxed thanks, please don't worry about what I need to do.:)

Exaggeration of something that happened is ok with me. As I said, I have no problem with the Hoth bit where she is leading out troops. That is an exaggerated scene as we know she was ordering troops as a leader only she wasn't actually on the battlefield. Jabba's size is exaggerated, And Endor is pretty much what happened in the movie (air could easily have blown into Luke 's mouth, it's believable, it looks funny but you know it doesn't make him an idiot, it could happen to anyone). I will even say that Leia's anger at the stormtroopers is a believable exaggeration of what Leia was feeling since her home has just been destroyed by them, and that anger was also fuelling the frustration towards the male characters for their lack of escape plan. But the rest is not an exaggeration, they are agenda driven changes to what happened in the film.

in the movie, Leia was not apathetic that a guy called Luke had come into her cell, she was confused, then surprised into action once she understood. Leia did not throw a bumbling Luke down the garbage chute, he jumped down himself. She didn't kick Chewie down either, Han did.
    Leia did not take charge during the bridge scene, Luke did, and Leia was worried in that scene, you can see that she didn't know what to do there, this animation of course cuts that bit out because it doesn't fit the agenda. Once she knew Luke had a plan she was ok and was able to protect him while he carried it out. As I said before, there is zero implication that Leia was frustrated with Luke in this scene in the film. An exaggeration of zero is zero so where is the look of derision that Leia gives the tied up Luke coming from? Why is Luke tied up? This is not an exaggeration of something from the movie.
    There is a blatant feminist agenda here.

My only agenda is: Respect the original characters and movie.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    wobbits and indydefense like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I give up. Hope you are able to move beyond this issue, which seems to be a theme of most of your posts. Almost as bad as my Ryan Church obsession!

DarthHass and Darth Corydon like this.
  4. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    its not meant to be serious. Just Chill and relax Nothing is attacking u cause of your gender here. Its not even ****ing canon so whats ur problem other then your male ego is hurt but ur hiding it behind ur MUH RESPECT THE ORIGINALS . The originals are still there u can go watch them whenever u want . Your also not the target audience so you need to let some things go. Its for little kids to enjoy as a introduction to the ip not some old man to REE about on the internet

DarthHass likes this.
  5. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    That's funny, you are telling me to relax, while you are the one swearing, shouting with capital letters and using personal insults. By the way the "Its not meant for you" excuse is always a terrible one to make, especially "it's meant for kids", because we were all kids once. The fact that this is for impressionable kids is actually the worst thing about it. It is a form of brainwashing.

Theo333, wobbits and indydefense like this.
  6. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I agree with you that @Darth Corydon's argument is trash, and he shouldn't talk to you that way. It devalues the actual arguments that myself and others are making.

But, c'mon, no one is being brainwashed. That's a meaningless buzzword that could be applied to pretty much anything that kids enjoy.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    DarthHass likes this.
  7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I have to say that the facial expressions in this one are just glorious. As for Leia being literally done with those two's shenanigans, it's literally what the movie shows remember?
    "This is some rescue! You came in here and you didn't have a plan for getting out?" or "I don't know who you are or where you came from, but from now on you'll do as I tell you, okay?" but with exaggerated movements/expressions for younger kids just like it exaggerated Luke's naivety.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Lucas described Han and Luke as "goofuses" or something in those scenes so it's not that far off the mark is it? I also don't remember Luke's flowing hair when he turned on his father's lightsaber for the first time or him being this proficient with the lightsaber. As for the physical abuse for laugh, yeah I'm not a fan of that but it's pretty mild compared to what happened in some comics.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Bor Mullet and Outsourced like this.
  8. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    With her attitude in GOA, Chris Griffin's response comes to mind:

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  9. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    I admit I went alittle far but ur literal complaining about a cartoon. You just said its a form of Brain washing. These are the augments we usually hear from the Comicsgaters, EVS and the IKE in when marvel does something with the teenage charcters like miles or m.s marvel that could come off as SJW or how they didn't understand the point Immortal hulk was making when they had the black woman say banner even with the Hulk didn't have it as bad as some black people have it cause he's still a white male (it works better in the context of the comic and the comic itself proves her wrong cause their literal in Hell when they have that convo ) from the way your acting its like the time Evs complained about Seasme street just cause it was featuring a little girl struggling with being bullied cause of her race/religion . Theres nothing here that isn't what happens in the actual movie taken to 100 . I think it would good for u to actually watch the interview that the Star Wars show had last week with the studio behind it to hear what they are doing with this series Elijah Wood Talks Star Wars Resistance and Star Wars Celebration Chicago News!

10. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    That is not true. I'm not going to explain the changes again. Please read my previous posts and then explain why you think they are not changes. Please do not use unrelated examples as I have no knowledge of what you are referring to.

11. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    well ur lost then

12. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Yeah I'm not going to say it's brainwashing but if I wanted to introduce my 3 nieces to Star Wars and Leia, I'd definitely just have them watch the movies with me rather than showing them these cartoon shorts. Leia wasn't physically abusive in George's story and as a female I don't find anything empowering or funny about heightening her anger into something she expresses through physical violence.

13. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Let's call it 3rd wave feminist social conditioning then.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think we've all had enough of this tangent. While it's okay for people to not enjoy these, it's not okay to throw around accusations of ulterior motives behind opinions at each other.

Outsourced likes this.
  15. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    What do you call the short that is showing Luke being more badass than he was in ESB?[face_thinking]
    Also a little reminder from the creator himself:
    [​IMG]

La Calavera likes this.
  16. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    I call that an exaggerated scene. Like it is from Luke's mind. It is what he aspires to be able to do. This is an addition, not a change, The same is true about every other character's animated scenes. Additions of humour like the droids meeting vader walking past, or chewie fixing the hyperdrive by punching the controls in frustration. Remixed and condensed scenes like the Yoda and Dooku fight. And exaggerated action scenes like Luke vs Vader, Luke vs Wampa, and the Death Star attack. Leia's two shorts though are the only ones that have her doing something that she did not actually do in a scene from the movies. Luke did turn on the lightsabre in Ben's home, Chewie did attack Lando, Luke did cut the wampa's arm off. Leia did not do the things she is shown doing in Leia vs Stormtroopers, she also did not behave like she is shown and neither did the male characters. This last short is also the only one that exaggerates or creates a negative thing, anger, bullying, and highlights it as a character strength.

Oh and George can say that in an interview, but we know he originally had Leia refusing to go with them, not believing the rescue was real, and then being knocked out by Han and carried out by Chewie. Luckily for him he got convinced to do otherwise. The fact is Han, Chewie, Leia, Luke, even the droids, had their own strengths and weaknesses, and only together did they pull off the rescue. Leia didn't know everything, Luke and Han didn't know nothing.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That still applies. Move on people.

Outsourced likes this.
  18. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    I'm discussing the latest episode in the series that the thread is made for. I didn’t mention my beliefs about why the episode is the way it is again after your first warning. As you said, it is ok for me to not like this episode and I think it should be ok to explain why I don't and be able to reply to those that have a different opinion.

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Luke and Han were pretty clueless about how to deal with the Empire at that point. Leia was definitely smarter and more in control.

ETA: Just saw the move along warning. Moving along.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  20. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    When I said tangent I meant this week-long back and forth about whether or not such and such characters are made to look stronger than usual or making other characters look bad.

Find something else to discuss about the shorts. That's the last I'm going to say about this.

21. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  22. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    ^ I love that stormtroopers short.

Trebor Sabreon and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Dude these are awesome, and they may be done for a little kids but I'm enjoying them a lot. In total not counting the trailer, there is approximately 18 minutes and 29 seconds of this type of animation.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Great to see some Rogue One action in that one!

25. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Nothing but Pro-Empire propaganda.

Bor Mullet likes this.