main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Your Ideas For The Next Star Wars Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Starwarsfan9000, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    In the Legends of Luke Skywalker novel he did meet a group of folks who were Force Sensitive but not affiliated as Jedi or Sith. They referred to "The Force" as "The Tide". It reminded me of the White Current from Legends.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

*Throws up his dukes* Fisticuffs, I say! [face_bleh] :)

Ehh, I dunno, call me crazy, but I figure if you're going to do Star Wars a few thousand years in the past, don't...you know...make it all look exactly the same. White-armored troopers, hyperspace travel's a thing, droids are still pretty much on the level of droids we know in the main timeline. Ehh, it's just lazy.

Thing is, ancient-era GFFA could actually be really cool. Just make it feel way different. Space travel is pre-hyperspace, the galaxy isn't all linked up yet, droids don't exist yet (or if they do they're way less advanced), the works. Maybe even have the sabers be more primitive, or aren't even quite a thing yet. Go all samurai movie with it, clans of force guys, maybe they're not even known as "Jedi" & "Sith" yet. Major potential there, but the KOTOR stuff just felt so uninspired.

3. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    After finishing Red Dead Redemption II, I'd love to see a story about a group of criminals on the run from the law. It could work during any time period and with any number of characters: Imperials on the run from the New Republic between ROTJ and TFA, other criminals that the New Republic also has to deal with, perhaps as they expand into the Unknown Regions and other uninhabited territories (which would lend itself especially well to a Western-type setting), ex-Separatists during the early years of the Empire, or even something between TPM and AOTC. Make the central characters a bunch of really violent anti-heroes, which we've never really had in live-action entries other than individual scoundrels as part of a larger cast, and you could get something in the vein of The Sopranos or Breaking Bad where you find yourself sympathizing with and even rooting for really bad people.

4. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    A Band of Brothers or The Pacific style or influenced series that is based around a Rebel Y-Wing or B-Wing squadron, you could have them being brought together as young recruits with a tough and experienced commanding officer. There's plenty of scope for differently interesting characters, even a few classic alien types such as Sullustians, Dressellians, Klaatoonians and Quarren that haven't been seen much for a while or certainly not been made a main character.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Would Donald Glover do a Lando series? If he'd do a Lando series, then that's what I want, flesh out L3 and Lobot periods of his life and pile on the sabacc

6. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Since the Kenobi movie seems to be on hold, and now The Mandalorian is in production, how about a Kenobi series about Ben Kenobi on Tatooine, recording stories for Luke about his mission on Mandalore with Qui-Gon and the Kryzes.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  7. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if Disney ended up making a, Harry Potter style, Jedi TV Series; with the Jedi Temple being the "Hogwarts" of the Series. :p

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    we have OT series a ST series and now we need a prequel series hopefully between 1-2 and then we have covered mutch othe eras around the sage movies.

9. Rodney-2187

Rodney-2187 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2015
    I would go for anything in the Star Wars universe. Give me a police procedural or detective series set on Coruscant. Something very noir. Heck, I'd even watch a Star Wars sitcom. I'd love something along the lines of a Deep Space Nine or Babylon 5 where the show is in a central location but has lots of different characters coming and going. The Ring of Kafrene look very interesting.

10. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    My dream show is early Empire vs Separatist holdouts, focused on Imperial pilots.

11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I agree. For me, Star Wars is primarily a setting. I hope LFL does all kinds of different stuff with it.

12. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    While I'd prefer this in cartoon form, a series between 6 and 7 with the Empire in the Unknown Regions becoming the First Order. If we do sets, it could take place on the Eclipse. Have Sloane, both Hux's, Snoke, and maybe even Thrawn. Make it like a political thriller.

13. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    My suggestion of Rey's Academy of Oversexed Teenage Jedi. Fighting Evil and Finding Love.

14. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

We should petition to have our ideas brought to the TV screen. ;)

@rodneyfaile
    I agree. With Live Action TV Series' being continued beyond the foreseeable future, with Disney+, I think it would be a good idea to branch out occasionally into shows that feature some of the lesser characters types of the Star Wars Galaxy. They wouldn't even have to be large, multiple season shows. They could just be one off mini-series' of 3 or 4 episodes each.

GregMcP likes this.
  15. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I really do like the idea of more mini series types of shows. They could focus on specific characters better that way.

16. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I like the palpatine idea a lot or a Jedi origins first Jedi might be better as a movie though.

17. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I have always thought a one-shot style live-action show would be great, and could include all eras. A few episodes per season, each episode with it's own characters and stories, not unlike Black Mirror or Twilight Zone. One episode could have Hayden as Anakin at the onset of the Clone Wars go on a personal assignment to Ilum to re-create a new lightsaber (the one we see used the rest of the saga), where he then runs into trouble.

Then next episode could jump 30 years and have it be about New Republic agents trying to arrest runaway Imperials. Another could be set during the Sequel trilogy and have a squad of Resistance troops try to survive after crash-landing in enemy territory. I think an anthology mini-series like that would have tons of potential with a lot of story ideas, ideas that deserve to be told but perhaps don't warrant a full season or series, but also shouldn't be "wasted", per say, on a comic.

Edit:

Some of our ideas might become reality if this article is accurate:

Lucasfilm Planning Qi’Ra And Lando TV Shows For Disney Plus (as well as Finn/Poe show)
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/qira-lando-tv-shows-planned-disney-plus/

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    DarthRosie and IlhamKamaruddin like this.
  18. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Hm?

This isn't official, so I don't know if these deserve a thread of their own.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  19. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    If this is true, would they actually want to be making six live action shows at the same time? Maybe those are just some options being discussed and they will narrow it down to one or two rather than four new shows. Interesting that there are no shows based on force users being considered.

20. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    They might be reserving those types of stories for the movies.

21. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    [face_thinking]

Don't know how reliable this is, but it's a thing.

DarthRosie likes this.
  22. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    There's been a lot of rumored show ideas the past couple of days. Who knows how much of it is true, but that Bane idea just seems fishy to me. That being said, I would welcome it as it'd provide variety to the show selection, but I don't know if they would make an Old Republic era show, I would think they would save that for the films.

23. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015

Discussing film is stretching this out as much as it can. Another tweet about a Rose Tico series... All from the same "HN Entertainment" article.

Hmmmm... Whoever HN Entertainment is.

It's all scratchy stuff that might have some truth, might be stuff discussed but not solidly being worked on.... but who knows.

Need more meaty substance.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  24. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Some insider focusing on Dismey content called the DisInsider has said that he hasn't heard about a Qi'ra show but he has heard about a possible Lando and Han series (which would probs include her anyway imo :D)

Also what's up with all of these Disney+ Rumors ?
    Okay tinfoil here, Disney are throwing around controlled leaks to see which "rumored " Disney+ series gets the most buzz

25. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I was searching for a topic about rumors for future TV shows rather than "our own ideas" but I couldn't find one, and it seems that this topic actually covers both apparently.

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/02/19/star-wars-tv-series-disney-plus-preview/

The above article mentions some of the rumors mentioned in this page of the thread and a couple more.

I could go for a young Princess Leia show. I would like a Knights of The Ren show. I would LOVE a Darth Bane show. Please, do NOT make a Captain Phasma or a Rose Tico show.... seriously, Disney, don't.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019