main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Which Characters from Disney's Canon Could've Existed in Legends?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by SkyJade114, Feb 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyJade114

SkyJade114 Jedi Knight

Nov 4, 2016
    Hi, guys! It's been a while since I've been on these boards, so now would be a great time to start things up again.

First off, if I've already posted a thread like this, I apologize. Like I said, it's been a while since I've been here.

As the title would suggest, to the best of your knowledge, are there any characters from the new Canon timeline that could have also existed in the Legends timeline?

Darth Caliban likes this.
  2. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Unless there are circumstances that dictate otherwise, I think any of the Legends characters could have existed. The only exceptions are Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin, given when Han and Leia married/started a family. Likewise, Ben wouldn't have existed in Legends.

Now, the fates of some of the canon characters may have been different in Legends.

3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Kaanan would have likely died in order 66 as in Legends, his master, Depa Billaba was in a coma and would have faced a trial for war crimes after wakeing up, so she couldn´t have sacrficied herself for him. The other rebels characters could likely exsist especially Hera as her father is in Legends via TCW, though given how different the Mandos are in Canon Sabine(and the rest of her family) might be dramatically different. Kylo obviously doesn´t exsist in Legends, Gallius Rax Rae Sloane and other imperial characters might have exsisted in Legends as well but never risen to prominence, also the femal imperials like Sloane or Cienna would have faced sexism, that doesn´t seem to be present in Canon.
    Rey of course its hard to say as the whole story surrounding Jakku doesn´t really exsist and its still possible that she will be revealed to be realted to someone important(as Johnson himself said Abrahms is free to retcon his "Reys parents are nobodys" plot). Finn would have never been kidnapped by the non exsiting FO so he would have grown under entirely different background and name. Snoke is hard to say given that we no nothing about his background.
    The various resitance members might still exist in Legends maybe serving on some lower posts in the NR.

So I would think the vast majority of canon characters could potentially have exsited in Legends, with the expetion of a few family members/kids of main characters as @PCCViking mentioned.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  4. SkyJade114

SkyJade114 Jedi Knight

Nov 4, 2016
    What if Depa Billaba woke up out of her coma when Operation Knightfall came to the Jedi Temple, and gave her life so that Caleb Dume could get away?

5. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Well I guess one could certianly come up with some sort of elaborate explanation for this still happening, so I guess its possible.

6. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Some Rogue One characters could have fit well into Legends, like Baze and Chirrut. Would have been great to get more Whills lore. However, Krennic and the Ersos would have been excluded due to a different origin story for the Death Star (Bevel Lemelisk and Qwi Xux) and a different means of stealing Death Star plans (Kyle Katarn).

A pity cause R1 characters personally feel a lot more Star Wars-y and Legends-y than ST's Big Three.

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Legends managed to have 3 or 4 different "steal the Death Star plans" plots all be part of the history - via "different parts of the plans needed to be stolen, and then put together".

What's one more?

8. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    And maybe the Rebels had multiple teams getting each part, forcing the Empire to respond to each incursion. That would explain, despite the shield, why there were only two Star Destroyers at Scarif. There would have had been more, but the others were forced to deploy in response.

*One Canon theory* @Sinrebirth

9. SkyJade114

SkyJade114 Jedi Knight

Nov 4, 2016
    So, what would an amalgamated version of Operation Skyhook, combining Rogue One with Legends lore, look like?

10. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    My knowledge of canon is relatively limited-but I could see Rae Sloan as an officer serving in the Imperial remnant or under of the warlords.

Kanan would probably have been another Jedi that got killed in order 66. A footnote really.

I guess I could see Poe as a NR/GA pilot. Maybe he'd win some medals of recognition in the Vong war. And Finn as someone brainwashed by the ISB or otherwise raised in a hard line Imperial environment in the remnant.

Rey could exist-assuming episode 9 doesn't have her be a Skywalker after all-just some Jedi in Luke's order, or maybe spending her whole life on her desert planet.

I could see Hux as a junior officer in the remnant, someone a little too gung-ho and with a reputation for braggadocio and bombast.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  11. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I'd like to think that people like Hux could have existed in the fragmented Remnant, but would have been weeded out from places of power once the Fel Empire was established.

12. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Someone like Hux would find advancement very hard in Pellaeon's remnant. He's an imperial patriot but he wouldn't have the right attidude for promotion, I could see Pellaeon or those of the same mind viewing Hux as at best a young overly enthusiastic patriot, or crazy at worst. Someone like Thrawn or Isard would probably see him as an easy pawn to manipulate.

Darth Caliban and PCCViking like this.
  13. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    However, he might fit in under Daala's command.

14. Darth Majestic

Darth Majestic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2020
    BB-8

Bernael Edit: Thread locked by moderator due to inactivity. Should you desire the thread reactivated please contact Sinrebirth, darthbernael, or Bardan_Jusik.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2022
    PCCViking likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.