main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Before - Legends CorSec notes from Rostek Horn DDC 2019

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title: CorSec notes from Rostek Horn

Author: Earlybird-obi-wan

Timeframe: legends
    Character: Rostek Horn
    Genre: diary
    Summary: Rostek Horn writes a diary

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

CorSec notes from Rostek Horn DDC 2019

Entry 1

I got this diary from my mentor Steve Magaron. He is writing a diary too and instructed me to begin one.

First an introduction.

I am Rostek Horn, 22 years old and studying at the CorSec academy.

I am a Corellian human living in the suburbs of Coronet City with my parents.

Yesterday I took my mentor to my home and showed him where my great friend Nejaa Halcyon, a Corellian Jedi, lives.

I have to stop and get my blaster. Target practice you know and I don’t want to disappoint my mentor by coming in late.

Darth_Furio , AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :) Yay, a diary written by one of the CorSec Horns. @};- =D= Lots of adventure and snark as only a Corellian can deliver. [face_love]

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I hope I can follow this occasionally, because my husband gets his new kidney on the 8th January & the work situation is tight for my poor team.

But I love the Horn family.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Horns are canon for me

Entry 2

Never knew Steve was that old and of a different species. When I was introduced to him by Major Semendiger he was celebrating his birthday. He told me about his 21 different jobs at police-departments on Moniron before wanting to explore the galaxy and ending up on Corellia. And he told me about the aid he was giving on the spaceport and the meeting with Major Semendiger and an EMT. That was Jack Wells who wanted to become a crime-investigator and is now one at CorSec. Steve helped Jack.

But I never thought about that many jobs taking some time and assumed that he was 23 years old because there were two big candles and three little ones on the cake. Steve told me today that I had missed the nine in candy. He was celebrating his 293th birthday, young for his species being a Dunai elder from Moniron.

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL a great age to reach! ;)

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes

Entry 3

Mom was muttering when I came home after classes with Steve.

I had forgotten to clean the pockets of my trousers. There was a food-wrapper. I replied ‘not that bad as when I was a teenager.’

Mom became livid and sent us away. I had to explain all to Steve and told him about the hydrospanner – used by me for tinkering with my speeder-bike – being forgotten and shredding the entire laundry. ‘I had a gleaming hydrospanner but a mom chasing me to my room.’

And why did I forget to clean my trousers? Because I had met a lovely girl named Scerra Lanar. We had been eating candy in the park and with no waste-bin present I had put the wrapper in my pocket. And of course being in a jubilant mood I forgot it.

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely about meeting Scerra and big :oops: about the candy wrapper but especially the hydrospanner, shredding the laundry! [face_mischief]

8. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Great start earlybird. I was a little surprised to find out that Rostek is only 22 years old but anything regarding the Horn family is something I can get into. I enjoyed the reveal on Steve's age and species.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Sorry that I fell behind but there were so many RL matters that were much more pressing.

Your well wishes for my husband @DarthUncle did arrive, but he will be with his mom until the end of March. For he needs weekly check-ups at the hospital. I have put the card on his desk. If you want, I can send you his mom´s address via mail.

As for the Horns, I am so glad that they remain canon for you. Not only in your kind heart, but also in your writing.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    boys
    Rostek is writing his diary from the beginning of his years at CorSec and will continue until the Yuuzhan Vong wars
    That's great to hear Azure.

Entry 4

Two weeks ago I discovered that Nejaa is friends with Scerra too. And the way he is looking at her! Is Scerra meant for Nejaa? Maybe and time will tell.

Steve must have sensed my thoughts and is now keeping me extremely busy with training.

That involves dirty and scary work too. Yeah we had a corpse and the coroner asked us to watch the autopsy. It was a deathstick-user who had met a violent death in an alley in Treasure Ship row. The ravage deathsticks do to a body; it’s devastating. The government should ban those drugs.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 5

‘I will visit you.’ I heard that coming from the Halcyon-residence when I returned home from a busy day, a sweaty one at that. Steve had me despite the overly hot weather running the obstacle-course. And he was following me, urging me along and not breaking a sweat at all.

I don’t know who Nejaa will be visiting but I am sure it’s Scerra. He has taken a crush on the lovely girl. I am too tired to continue thanks to that lousy weather and will tomorrow with this diary.

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, already two new updates and Rostek Horn never fails to thrill. =D=

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very realistic about the icky weather making him not want to write and running an obstacle course being wearying as well. The visit with Scerra sounds nice.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He will have numerous adventures starting with another one in the next entry
    More icky things in the next entry

Entry 6

Very convenient this diary, I can use the record function and that’s great sitting in a hyperspace capable corvette bound for Centerpoint station. Why am I here? I will start with what bothers me all day. Yay; it’s the weather again that’s making my life miserable. One more week of this weather coming from the nine hells of Corellia and I will be a molten puddle, was the first that came to my mind when I woke up this morning. But most of the time at the shooting-range was canceled because we are now busy with a mission. And what a mission! Steve ordered me to take my CDEF pistol. And I followed him inside where we met the CSI-team.

“The call will be a new learning experience for you recruit Horn.” Lieutenant Bel Hana was leading our team. We went to the crime-scene, a tenth floor penthouse of the wealthy art-collector and merchant Aira Dorsetti in the Corumag district.

Lydia Kaplan was the coroner, Jack Wells or ‘bugs’ our entomology-expert and Maura Grimes was the general ‘evidence’ expert and leading the team.

The team discovered that she was tortured. There were pressure marks and signs of selective electric currents frying a nerve in her hand.

We went back to the lab. And I had to watch my first autopsy. But that was only a short experience when Steve ran away muttering about something darrin dark. And he was followed by Jono. Both had an anguished expression on their faces.

I found out that it had been a Sith holocron in possession of Aira Dorsetti that was sold four days ago to Koro Zavala. And that’s why we are now in a transport to Centerpoint Station. Major Semendiger is leading our team going to Koro Zavala. He was head of Zavala enterprises in Holotown and quite a collector of arts. And he is dead. Maura will visit Julia who was last seen with Dorsetti in the Raging Ronto.

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 7

I was in a cabin with Steve and Jono. They told me about the darrin dark feeling and the destruction of a planet by dark powers, still active in the galaxy. After arriving at the terminal in Centerpoint Station we boarded a CorSec shuttle to the headquarters where we met Captain Eustache and her team. She outranks Major Semendiger and would be leading the investigation. At the Zavala estate we discovered a great mess. There was of course the body of Zavala and a lot of flies. But among the rubble were the numerous holocrons. One – giving the shivers to Steve and Jono – was collected by me in a clearplast bag. And what followed was really scary. First Captain Eustache and Major Semendiger came with the news that the thieves were identified. They were going after them and we – Jono, Steve, Jack and me – were still busy with the evidence and the holocrons. And that’s when I saw a bright flash and got my blaster to return fire. A sniper had hit Steve in his chest and right shoulder with particle slugs.

Jono used his powers. Jack helped and an officer arriving at the estate helped to carry Steve to our speeder. We rushed to our corvette. Jono could stabilize Steve giving him an IV and A-blood. The corvette’s medbay was stocked with all the supplies including that artificial blood. Our destination was the university hospital where we left Steve in the care of the medics.

Our team returned to Hollowtown because there had been a fire and the officer had become another victim of the sniper. I am now watching holo-records from the Raging Ronto with Jono…

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great action and glad Jono was on the team to help immediately with the injury

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Dang, you update so quick and so much each time I have less online time at hand. (See, I was in the Harz Mountains, getting used to the new job, have duties as a godmother to the daughter of an old school pal and went on strike with my entire team.)

Anyway, intense updates, action packed and even with people dying. You never fail to enchant the reader with your story writing, dear bird.

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and Rostek will have something secret
    updates are once a week

Entry 8

Jono shouted ‘Steve’ and with Nejaa entering I had to support Jono towards Nejaa’s open roof speeder. A ride to the hospital followed and I tried not to puke. I forgot that puking when Nejaa jumped out of the speeder in front of the hospital entrance. I guided the speeder down and went with Jono after Nejaa towards the bacta-tank room. Nick Remick – a surgeon – helped Jono and me. When we entered the room Nejaa was already busy lifting Steve out of the tank. The surgeon got help from Doug Frost to guide Steve back to an OR. But that was after Nejaa took care of the bacta with a deluge of water, wetting us all. Jono explained that Dunai elder are quite allergic to bacta. We went home to get dry clothes and after that to the orphanage where Nejaa had found force-sensitive Djon v’Ima. We took him to headquarters and resumed watching the holo-records. A man was seen guiding Dorsetti but we couldn’t get a clear picture of him. We were loading the record of the apartment-security system when Jono and Nejaa sped away. They were needed to guide Steve out of the sedation. I entertained Djon until Scerra came in. She repaired one of the toys and could help Nejaa to catch his transport to the Jedi-temple. We watched the recordings in the Dorsetti-apartment. Agreed was that she had committed suicide. Of the Hollowtown officer only a badly deformed shield was found. His identity and that of the sniper are still a mystery. But the missing holocrons were not important any more until I discovered today after waking up that my dirty clothes were visited by flies. I put the clothes in the laudry-machine – and mindful of mom – I discovered the clearplast bag with the holocron.

With three friends acting frightened near that thing I decided to hide it. The holocron was – with my personal report about the case – put in a bag and transported to my secret place in a shack in Firwood. That place means a lot to me. I had been with my grandfather just after celebrating my 16th birthday and he pointed me to the various flowers in the wild garden. The farmer who had abandoned the place had been a lover of botanical hybrids. Gramps too and I thought about him when I saw the book about flower-hybrids. I had inherited that book two years ago when gramps passed away. One day I will grow hybrids. But first graduation – soon I think because Steve is very pleased with me – and maybe a wife and kids. I have to go and visit Steve.

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice reading about the studying of the recording and the hiding of the Holocron in a very secret location. It's a restful place too, with the garden full of hybrid flowers.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and important for the future

Entry 9

Jono was visiting Steve when I came – dressed in greens – into the IC ward. I paled when I saw him covered from head to toes in bandages and leads and tubes. Only his face was to be seen and that was sporting rashes from the bacta. Yeah Steve and bacta are enemies. And he is soon my ex-mentor because Jono said that Semendiger and he were very impressed by my actions.

Steve wanted to know how the Dorsetti-case was solved and I told him. And he isn’t sure about suicide because the man visiting Dorsetti was never identified. Steve asked about the particle-slugs and that had Jono and me hurrying to the lab where we are now examining them.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    More investigating leads to a new direction in the case

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Even though you update once a week, I have trouble to catch up these days, but I am always glad when I finally do.

Anyway, Steve is a very active person, going places. To basically hang around in a bacta tank must be a great punishment for him.

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and the right one?
    and he got more injuries in a bacta-tank due to his severe allergy

Entry 10

The particle-slugs were traced to a military-grade sniper rifle. We couldn’t find the sniper. The Dorsetti-case is leaving us with a lot of unsolved items. The Hollowtown officer is not identified. We don’t know who had been with Aira Dorsetti when she left the Raging Ronto.

Ah yes something positive came out of the mission. I visited the Raging Ronto and have become friends with the owner Gene Corvin and his young son Jerrod. Gene presented me with a free drink and got into a discussion about the republic when Jerrod came in with a drawing made at school. His dad praised him. And I saw the talent of the boy in the drawing and offered him my help.

Entry 11

Yesterday I was visiting Steve in the hospital and yes he is looking great and will be released soon.

I visited Steve almost every day. And Jono came every day because he was the better man at Magaron-sitting.

Yes, Steve has given Jono and me a lot to do. After five days he came with the first plan to escape from his bed. We could convince him to stay. Jono removed the breath-assist mask for five minutes. Steve asked him to replace it.

Ten days later he was in a normal care room and we saw him hobbling to the fresher. There was a wheelchair. ‘I could convince a nurse that I wanted a wheelchair. You can guide me to the exit. I don’t need that anymore.’ And Steve pointed at the disconnected IV and was sitting down when Nick Remick came in, ordered him to get in his bed and guided the wheelchair out of the room. Nick asked me to bring a pair of cuffs after he connected the IV-drip again to Steve’s arm.

I brought them the next day. More plans followed. None were successful. I was having fun when I saw my cuffs keeping Steve secured to the IV-drip.

Today Nejaa Halcyon became a Jedi-master. He is now wearing a creditchip, a decorative token unique to Corellian Jedi.

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Today Nejaa Halcyon became a Jedi-master. He is now wearing a creditchip, a decorative token unique to Corellian Jedi.

Congrats to the new Jedi master and thank you for a peak into Corellian Jedi traditions!

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great news for Nejaa and [face_laugh] fun attempts at escaping by Steve. This contrasts with the continued frustration with the Dorsetti case.