main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Your Ideas For The Next Star Wars Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Starwarsfan9000, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    the ones mosyt likley to happen are young Leia, Solo characters follow up, Bane is very likley if they thinking about it. Knights of ren post IX see how they fare. Kenobi rumor just dropped as possible third show.

2. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  3. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    Darth Bane is a rumored one as well.

DarthRosie likes this.
  4. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    I’m guessing they announce Kenobi as the third series, then a young Princess Leia and a Solo continuation as the 4th and 5th.

Then they have four out of five series running concurrently in the same PT-OT time period. They could overlap, have recurring characters, etc, similar to the Netflix marvel shows model. This wouldn’t just be good for fan service but also reusing sets, costumes, supporting cast, crew, and so on.

Maybe we get a Knights of Ren series but I bet they wait until IX to see how they’re received and these others are announced first. And Darth Bane I bet goes theatrical with the other Old Republic elements in a future trilogy / series, maybe the GOT guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    So far the only rumour I'm putting any faith in is the Obi-Wan one. It certainly helps that Ewan is the perfect age and wants to come back. The other sources are unfamiliar to me. The HN one seems too much like throwing ideas at a wall and seeing what sticks, and We Got This Covered seems to be splitting up characters that would seem to fit together naturally for a series.

A Resistance series featuring Poe, Finn, and Rose, probably set between TLJ and IX, I could totally see. But not a series for each of them. Poe could perhaps have a solo series set pre-TFA but that's not needed for Finn and Rose. Post-IX I guess is possible, we have no way to even speculate on that yet.

A Solo continuation with Han, Lando, Qi-ra (and Maul!) I would love. Again, I think better together than split up, but I can at least see there are good individual stories to be told there.

Young Leia. I guess I can see it, but honestly I don't need it. I'd totally watch it, but I guess I prefer for the Skywalker's story to remain in the saga movies. A good story could totally sell me on the idea though. They cast young Han well so no worries there.

Phasma just strikes me as not needed. Over hyped character, looks cool but didn't really do much, certainly not enough to warrant a series. But again, if the story is good then I could easily be sold on it.

Knights of Ren - no opinion until I've seen IX really.

Darth Bane is the one from that list I most want to see after Kenobi. Such a rich character, and through him we could see the fall of the old Sith and the rise of the new. Literally the end of one era and the start of the next. Plus he's one of the few ideas that's not really a spin off from existing movies. I hope they keep the series a nice mix between spin offs like Cassian and original characters like the Mandalorian.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  6. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I really like the idea of 6 episode mini series (perhaps 8 episodes) Especially if they churn out more than one. Has me intrigued.

7. Fifi Kenobi

Fifi Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2019
    This will never happen but 'twould be neat to see a psychedelic Mortis series

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  8. I dont want to see a Rose Tico or Phasma series those characters are very awful

I stick better an Obi Wan or Darth Bane series if Disney wants to recover the lost fans for the sequels they need to show us strong things in the series

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2019
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Rose and Phasma are just ideas i think and probaly wont't see the light of day. The ones i think are more likley are of Obi wan, Darth Bane, Young Leia and Kights of Ren. Even then they might drop two of those in favor for movies.

10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    - A Sith Lord series, chronicling the Sith of the Rule of Two line, starting with Darth Bane
    - A Maul series, showing us what he was up to between TCW and Rebels
    - A KOTOR series starring Revan, but only if they won't do it as a movie series
    - A New Jedi Order series set after ROTJ (although I'd prefer to see Filoni animate this one)

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm not seeing Salacious Crumb on a lot of these lists, but I assume that's just because his series is pretty much a given at this point.

12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It's pretty much the Muppet Show, with him as a rather more psychotic Kermie.

BigAl6ft6, Siphonophore and EHT like this.
  13. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    Live action series about the Pykes.
    Lom: a Spice Wars Story.

14. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    What about a Luke skywalker Limited series? We don't need a younger recast just get Hamill back, get the grey out of his hair and set it in a believable point in the past that he could play Luke again but not get in the way of TLJ and that story.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  15. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I've seen the sizzle reel that will be shown at Celebration. Tim Rose is bringing Sal to life again, and our favorite monkey-lizard speaks Basic.

::::Lucasfilm Ltd logo::::
    At the Great Pit of Carkoon, we see the flotsam and jetsam of Jabba's exploded sail barge.
    Cut to a Lamda-class shuttle. Palpatine sits alone in first class, and the tops of dignitaries' hats can be seen in business class behind him. There's anguish on the Emperor's face, and he reaches out through The Force......
    Palpatine: "Riiiiiiiiise."
    Cut back to the Dune Sea. There's a stirring, deep within the core of Salacious... an awakening.... his corpse is reanimated and begins to push away the wreckage with relative ease. The Kowakian dusts off the ashes and starts trekking through the desert, alone and determined.

At sunsets, he boards Slave I and fires up the engine. His ship lifts off and heads for the stars.
    Once reaching the stratosphere.....
    Sal: "This is for you, Edgar."
    :::: punches the hyperdrive :::::

The Kowakian - A STAR WARS Series

See 4:15 to 6:00 in this video:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  16. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Kenobi mini-series with Ewan.

Nothing else matters.

17. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Star Wars: Underworld [face_praying]

18. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    If the Big Bang Theory cast made a podcast....

Grunging up Coruscant would be pretty fun.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    indydefense likes this.
  19. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    A Darth Bane series would be essentially a live action Pinky And The Brain.

"Darth Bane, Dark Lord of the Sith, what are we going to do tonight?"
    "The same thing we do every night, Darth Zannah, try to DESTROY THE JEDI AND RULE THE GALAXY!"

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Darth Corydon and bluealien1 like this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I Am Raddus (And I Have an Idea)

21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    - A show about the in universe legends about the rise of the Republic and the Force. Kind of like how the Bible is filled with grand tales of things like Noah’s flood, or the universe being created in a matter of days, the story would be filled with overly exaggerated tales and greater powers than what we see in the baseline Star Wars films. It would intentionally be vague about how much of it is actually canon and “really happened” and how much of it is just in universe tales about morality

- I always thought that it was really bold for Palpatine to fight Mace Windu in his office in clear view of passing civilians. It seems like the president of the US getting into a shootout in front of the White House and nobody noticing. Plus we have Mace Windu’s corpse crashing into the street below.

Just as the media has had to be controlled in the real world during the rise of totalitarian regimes, I think there’s a culturally relevant story to be told about the in universe Coruscant crackdown.

A story about a floundering news agency that doubts Palpatine’s claims about a Jedi Rebellion and looks into rumors about the dead Jedi found in the streets (personally I think it would be more interesting if they find a barely alive Mace Windu). This story becomes a gamble for them to save their failing news agency, but they get swept up in the censorship, the secret assassinations and cloak and dagger stuff Palpatine needs to do in those early days of the Empire to prevent the truth from getting out.

For instance they hear rumors of the Jedi body found in the streets. But when they arrive the body is gone and they hear it’s been moved to a nearby hospital and a witness claims that the man was still alive. They get to the hospital to interview him but meanwhile Palpatine hires a bounty hunter like Aurra Sing to attack the hospital and make it look like a Jedi attack. Then sends in the troops as a response.

Panic sets in that one of the high ranking Jedi Rebels is loose. Palpatine needs to discredit the reports has the main characters boss tortured and executed. Etc. While the protagonists come to learn the truth about Palpatine and try to expose him, though the story must ultimately end in tragedy.

I personally am a fan of the idea that Mace survived (though he would have to die for good by the end of the series) and what that would mean for Palpatine and the media and public opinion and how Palpatine would have to deal with the media while saving face with the public and not being made to look weak in the early days of his reign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    If they ever make a young Princess Leia TV Mini-Series, Millie Bobby Brown would be perfect as young Leia.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    Siphonophore likes this.
  23. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Depending upon how much time before Rogue One that the Cassian series takes place, and when its filming begins, I think Millie could play the role of Leia in that series. Or, as you suggest, a mini-series just for Leia.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  24. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah. I'm pretty uncomfortable with the idea of recasting Leia at this point, it feels different to Han now that Carrie's gone. But if you're going to do it, Millie would be about as perfect a way to go as you're going to get. She looks pretty uncannily like Carrie did, and while I haven't seen Stranger Things apparently she does have some acting chops.

Still, I dunno. It's one thing someone else doing the voice in an animated series, seems like something else in live-action though. But I guess if Billie & Todd approved it, nobody else's take on it would matter, that should be the bar.

25. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'd say the Young Leia series has a good chance of happening, simply because it would be cheap to make. All you'd need is a young woman who looks like Carrie Fischer, change her hair, and have her scowl in a dress for an hour every week. :p

GregMcP likes this.