main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Triple Force Friday - October 4th, 2019

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Feb 15, 2019.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    The next generation of Star Wars products arrives in our galaxy this fall.
    Let the countdown begin.

Triple Force Friday, the latest in a tradition of Star Wars product launches, is set for October 4, Lucasfilm and Disney announced today. The event will see the debut of brand-new products inspired by three of the year’s biggest Star Wars releases, including:

• The highly anticipated, final installment of the Skywalker saga, Star Wars: Episode IX
    • The first-ever Star Wars live-action series, The Mandalorian, set to debut exclusively on the upcoming streaming service, Disney+.
    • The latest title from EA and Respawn — Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order — a brand-new action-adventure game releasing holiday 2019
    Products spanning categories from toys to collectibles, housewares, books, apparel, and more will go on sale beginning at 12:01 a.m. on October 4. As with past Force Friday celebrations, stores around the world will join the festivities with in-store events and midnight openings.

Stay tuned to StarWars.com for more on Triple Force Friday!

StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.

https://www.starwars.com/news/triple-force-friday?cmp=smc|2136701375

Will be interested to see what stores will be participating in the event.

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    especially with TRU out of the picture.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  3. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Target, um........yeah probably just Target.

4. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  5. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I read an article a couple days ago that said TRU execs were working together under a new name, TRU Kids to try and make a comeback. Something about starting with pop ups but the big question is which brands are even going to trust them enough to ship them merch.

6. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I'm really excited for force Friday this year. Three major product launches for the Star Wars IP, in three unique formats! Plus whatever books/comics they launch. There's going to be a lot to love this fall, and I'm looking forward to it!

7. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Absolutely excited even if it's just for the memories and experiences. But looks like stalking a Wal-Mart or Target until midnight.

8. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    I am soooo exited

9. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I never went to any of the midnight openings for Force Friday before. I think I'll try this year!

10. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I've never gone either but I haven't really been in any big cities recently that had local stores doing anything drawing a huge crowd. After my move there will be more places to choose from so depending on what's revealed I might give it a try.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Nothing in my area does it. Even when TRU was here they didn't.

12. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Me Too

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Two weeks from this hour for Triple Force Friday fellow collectors. Who's going out early? Who's waiting till midnight? Who's waking up early on 4th? Whos doin all the above? Who's waiting?

Seems most, maybe all Targets are not participating??! So it's just Wal-Mart and online Disney?

14. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I punch out at 11:20 pm, and work no more than five minutes from a Walmart and Meijers. I'll be there at midnight for sure! Going after the six inch Manalorian, Cal Kestis, Second Sister, Rey, and Kylo. Also want the Vintage Rey, Knight of Ren, Poe, and Zorri.

Target is also getting an exclusive Mando that I'll be hunting.

Master_Lok and whostheBossk like this.
  15. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    I'll be there before midnight, then I'm taking a vacation day on Friday to try to grab some more stuff. Next week I'm sure we'll probably get the full details of store openings. Wal-Mart has been a total bust for me the past two years (especially with Solo). I'm guessing Target does the limited store midnight openings like they did for TLJ.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    We'll have to see about that Target and Disney have come to an agreement where they're going to have a Disney section inside of their stores - Star Wars is included in that merchandising area.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  17. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I heard about that. Wonder what we may see in future. Can't hurt Target with a totally non existent SW section besides Inventory waaaaay past it's clearance date. They did have Retro figures I'll give them that but for what like a week and I never saw them on pegs. I called local Target and they had no clue what triple FF was.

18. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
  19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  20. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I'd give them a call around next Wednesday or even Thursday. That's what I'll be doing personally!

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Yakface has on the website a tweet from someone asking Target about midnight openings and they stated all stores are opening at their regular scheduled hours. No midnight events then (I'm not including Wal-Mart being open 24 hours).

Gamma626 likes this.
  22. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Hm, that's nice in a way. Means I don't have to book it there after work! I'll have to take a nap and head out early before coming home to go back to sleep again though, lol.

Guidman likes this.
  23. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    I only collect Pops but I can imagine that this could be real similar to the Solo Wookiee Weekend. Going to Target when it opens in the morning and having to ask employees to check the stockrooms since none of the merchandise is out when they open. Could be doing a lot of online shopping next Friday.

wobbits likes this.
  24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I caught this photo online before it was taken down - someone found this I believe the post said at a Walmart. I'm guessing it's coming for TFF.

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. AnakinTheChosenOne

AnakinTheChosenOne Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2019
    So, I called up all my local Walmarts and they aren't going to host TFF.. Where do I go Thursday night?