main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 SWCC Panels and Programming (and Queuing)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Jun 8, 2018.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Waiting in line can be fun, but around like hour five, I start to feel like I've had enough fun and am ready for the panel. :) And most people think I'm weird, so I definitely meant that as a complement.

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    In moments like that we need to heed the wise words of Star Wars:
    Hope of getting through the cutoff is like the sun. If you only believe in it when you can see it, you'll never make it through the night.
    ;)

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I've never done an overnight, but since the numbers have been thrown around here is my perspective:
    Anaheim - For the TFA panel I arrived at around 7:30 am, and I just missed the room and was in the first row of the overflow room.
    Orlando - For the 40th anniversary panel I arrived at 6 am and after all the chaos I just got into the last overflow room.

4. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Hah! That made me laugh out loud just now.

No worries, I took it as one.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.
  5. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, I totally agree. It dragged a bit after the wristbands were given out, but making new friends and hanging out with other fans over night is one of my favourite memories from London and I would totally do it again for the experience even if I'd got VIP.

That said, one night is enough. Two back to back I don't think I could have done. I hope if they have two panels here that will require over nights they schedule them better so fans can get a proper sleep in between.

Agreed. Selling panels feels like a money grab, and if they "virtual queue" is anything like the OnPeak one it would be a disaster as people got to the "front" before sale time and got kicked to the back. This happened to me multiple times before the sale. The last time literally 10 seconds before.

The only online system I could see them going to is online pre-registration and doing 50% of seats via lottery like NYCC. But I'm not convinced they will as this would put more pressure on those who don't win to join the over night line as less seats would be available.

This is so true. The atmosphere is what makes it. Must admit, if I can't get in the room I would seriously consider the SWS stage over an overflow room. I'm almost certainly watching the closing panel from there anyway.

Amon_Amarth and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

Amon_Amarth and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  7. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    When did the panel announcements for Orlando start? Aren't we due for one at this point?

8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    About a week late on the timeline from when they announced the TLJ panel.

9. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Hopefully with the announcement of some new signing guests they'll also be formulating the panel schedule as well. I can't imagine we'll get to March and have no panels announced.

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Perhaps they'll announce the epic closing ceremony tomorrow.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  11. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Special guest Mike the boom guy from the Star Wars Show Live!

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  12. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, for Orlando they announced TLJ on the 15th and 40th on the 22nd. Really hoping we hear something this week. We don't need the title, just called it Episode IX like they did for the Force Friday announcement.

I mean we can all guess it will be Friday 11am-12:30pm in the Celebration Stage and streamed to Galaxy, BTS, and live/SWS stage but confirmation would be nice :p

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  13. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    We could get a 9 panel along with a title announcement now that filming is done. Could be a nice way to announce it! What do you mean I'm asking too much? Leave me alone! :p

14. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm hoping for crew members from Ep IX and the Mandalorian to describe the arduous process of setting it all up from start to finish. Definitely will be waiting overnight for that.

15. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    Wow 20th of TPM is Monday

Gamma626 likes this.
  16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  17. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yeah that's a bizarre one. Definitely going to it though!

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

MotivateR5D4 and Gamma626 like this.
  19. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    You know it actually makes sense. There's still Monday tickets available to purchase. Why not have a big draw to sell off those final tickets still sitting there?

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They're definitely trying to sell Monday out. I wonder what the demand will be. I hope it's not an overnight at the end of the con.

21. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Nice! First panel announcement. Now comes the speculation on which guests will be there for it.

Will we also finally get the long anticipated "Yipee! An Hour with Jake Lloyd" or "Jar Jar: Secrets Revealed with Ahmed Best" panels?

Padme501st likes this.
  22. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Same. Worries me that the guests won’t be that interesting and it will most likely be crew since it’s on Monday but who knows

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, I just don't see Ewan, Natalie and Liam as realistic guests. George could be possible. Park is a given. Maybe Best.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  24. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    Hayden will show up, even if he doesn't sign and Ewan will come out to great applause and look at the crowd and say "Hello There"... place will go wild.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    At the Episode I panel?

LloydChristmas likes this.