main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 SWCC Panels and Programming (and Queuing)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Still hoping for Ahmed Best personally. Ian will obviously be there. We can only hope Ewan makes it but... probably not lol. Natalie is almost assuredly a no-go. Maybe Liam Neeson? Probably not though given recent events. Ray Park seems a given too.

I really don't know who else they could have realistically.

2. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    @star_wars_is_good you're right... I was thinking it was going to be a Prequel Anniversary panel, but it does specifically say The Phantom Menace.

3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Ugh I won't be there Monday, would have liked to gone to the 20th anniversary panel.

4. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    They could always invite Captain Panaka. Ian should be in attendance, is he signing that day?

Of course you also have Shmi, Kitster, Davis is hosting and he was in it...

5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I think you're right about this. It being scheduled on Monday is likely a good indicator that the guests won't be any big names. If they had even one big name from TPM they surely would have the panel earlier than that. And even if someone like McDiarmid is there for it, he will have been seen all over the place all weekend long by that point, so it's not like there would be any big demand for people to see him once more on Monday.

And along with that, like @star_wars_is_good is good said, it's a good chance to try and sell tickets for Monday as well. So yea, the signs are pointing to it not being a huge deal.

Now that I think about it, I might have to reschedule my Mayhew autograph if it conflicts with the panel.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  6. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Ian is there all days. I think Hugh Quarshie (Panaka) wasn't fond of the experience which is why he was replaced with Captain Typho, so I doubt he'd be there.

7. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm guessing we may see some guests at the panel, maybe in person, maybe on video, that aren't doing signing. Because if they don't it won't be a massive guest list for the panel. George would be really cool if he comes!

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm in for the 20th anniversary panel, I don't need a lot of big names. Some of the people working with the design and on the art department would be really interesting as well, since the prequels have such a a different look comparted to the OT and the ST, and more about how they worked with it.

9. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I’m here for emphasis on costumes but that’s just me lol

LloydChristmas and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  10. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Let's hope it's a good panel. Might end up just being a standard panel about TPM, not really the big hoopla of a 20th anniversary.

11. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    That's true, George and the creative team came up with a very unique look for the PT that could be very interesting to hear about.

If there's no future films/TV they could get Ewan as a surprise guest here & drop the news/confirmation if the Kenobi series? Doesn't really seem appropriate as it would take attention away from TPM/PT but at the same time it would be one hell of a way to end Celebration.

12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    We'll know going in. If they advertise it with "and special guests", then it will be epic.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  13. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    What a way to keep people enticed and to remain there through Monday. Everyone is going to say all weekend "Is it Ewan? It's got to be Ewan. I definitely think it's Ewan. I heard Ewan checked in at one of the hotels..."

14. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Well that’s what happened with Harrison and it was true

15. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I really hope it's Ewan. To be honest though, I'd rather he was a signing guest, but that's just me being selfish. :p

Honestly he really should be there for the panel though. He loves the role and wants to return. I'd be surprised if he didn't make an appearance in some form.

Padme501st likes this.
  16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I wonder how long Birds of Prey is shooting.

17. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    You know I’m surprised he hasn’t done a video message in a while. The last one I know of was for C3

Gamma626 likes this.
  18. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Probably at least until may/June. But he's the villain, I imagine he'll have some time off here and there. They could at least let him record a video message.

19. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Wooo, TPM 20th anniversary panel on my birthday! :D I didn't think much cool stuff would be on then, so I'm pretty happy with this.
    Agreed that I wouldn't mind not having bug names; as I didn't get to go to Celebrations in early 00s prequel era, I'd love to see the crew. Especially Trisha Biggar. Imo, her costumes are unparalleled, and probably one of the most important contributions to PT worldbuilding.

Kitster was a guest on the Star Wars Show quite a bit, so he's likely to make an appearance.

That'd be great. After Natalie's SNL rap last year, I wonder if they could get her to do a video too.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I will always hope for Trisha to come, but I she wasn't even on a Celebration for any of the PT films so I doubt that she would do it. :(

21. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    That's what I was alluding to. It was so funny in the queue, it was like a game of pass it on everyone was playing as the rumor kept moving from group to group.

Padme501st likes this.
  22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Well, since it's on Monday, if they can't get any big names for it, we can make TPM panel the closing ceremony. :)

Darkslayer and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  23. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Actually that wouldn't surprise me. London did a combined Future Films/Closing Ceremony. With this being the 20th of both TPM and Celebration I could see them doing something similar. I kinda hope not, I really want TPM to get the full attention for its panel. Maybe have 20th TPM in the morning and 20th Celebration/Closing at the end of the day?

24. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    So with TPM on Monday, do we think Sunday is CW panel day?

25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm guessing CW on Saturday since JAT isn't scheduled for Sunday. They've also done animation on Saturday in the past. I'm guessing The Mandalorian on Sunday.