main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    This Stormtrooper one is very well done. The transitions from one scene to the next are excellent, I especially like the Endor stormtrooper transition into the Deathtrooper by using a spash of sea over the "camera" location, very creative. I also like how it is all moving to the right, increasing the sense of one seamless take from the troopers exiting the transport, to planting their flag.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    La Calavera and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. OrganicMeatbag

OrganicMeatbag Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 1, 2019
    Man, I really really wish these were longer than 30 seconds. The animation is just so crisp and dynamic! I want more!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Bor Mullet and OrganicMeatbag like this.
  4. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    That one is a bit too humiliating to Luke for my liking, but I will let it pass this time as it does a good job showing his impressive improvement once he is feeling the force.

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s one of the best ones. The animation of force usage there is excellent. And there’s no humiliation. The training remote beats him the first time he uses a lightsaber (and consciously tries to use the force), which is natural, and then he beats it handily after a very cool force session.

And exactly consistent with all the others. Amped up versions of the movie scenes. With great animation.

Vinylshadow likes this.
  6. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Well there is some. In the movie we see Luke intercept 3 shots from the remote before the remote shoots him in the arse once. 3 out of 4 isn't that bad. This animation though skips the first part to focus on exaggerating the one blast he missed in the movie, turning it into multiple hits, adding a ridiculous squeal when he got arse shotted, and most humiliating, having the droid shoot him in the arse a second time while he is laid out on the floor. We then get the angry, humiliated expression on Luke's face. The animation recovers with the cool exaggeration of a positive to equal the negative exaggeration. So it is ok by me, just.

7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    As you confirm, with your own words, this is the series being consistent. His failure to stop the remote is exaggerated, and his success in stopping the remote is exaggerated. Why are you unwilling to accept exaggeration of what you see as negative elements, while being really supportive of positive exaggerations?

In any event, it’s not “negative” to fail while training. That’s why it’s training. Because Luke doesn’t know a whole lot about the force yet, and is just getting started. So he trains...

8. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    I guess because emphasising and creating fun out of someone's failures, weaknesses or misfortune is seen as an unkind thing to do, disrespectful.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Dude that's, like, 90% of children's entertainment. Kids love slapstick.

Outsourced and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Because unlike many adults, kids see the humor in failing. For kids, failing is just trying.

11. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Yeah, but it seems different to me seeing as it is a retelling of an original scene.
    Kids often don't realise how hurtful laughing at someone can be also.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    True. Children can be harsh in that way. But though amusing, the scene didn’t seem to be mocking Luke. The style is simply consistent. It’s Star Wars amped to 11.

13. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  14. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  15. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    That's what happened to all the extra TIE's we never see in the film.

16. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    Another great one....I Like how they fill in the gabs a little bit .
    Somehow the animation has something real fresh and dynamic to it.. Really love this stuff.

vong333 likes this.
  17. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    This one reminds me of the Adywan revisted death star battle. I love the increased TIE count.

18. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/how-the-studio-behind-star-wars-new-animated-shorts-bri-1832800125

vong333 likes this.
  19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This just keeps getting better and better. We are now, not including the trailer at 17 Star Wars Galaxy Of Adventures episodes and reached the 20 minute 54 second count. Now bad. Just imagine how much more they have awaiting to come out. That's close to 21 minutes of bright colored, exciting, action oriented animation. I knew these were good but boy the last 6 have been awesome. I'm hoping that they do enough to make it to over an hour of this type of animation.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I really hope they give us more than a minute of Anakin vs Obi-Wan, Kenobi vs Grievous, Jinn and Kenobi vs Maul, or Yoda vs Palpatine

21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Why? That's the length of these things. And we really don't need to see Kenobi vs. Grievous again...

22. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Obi-wan is due a video though, of the original trilogy main characters only him and Lando haven't had one focusing on them yet.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I really like the animation style.

24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018