main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 SWC22 Costume/cosplay thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Jun 8, 2018.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Isn't the running of the hoods like a secretive thing to find out about? I remember discussing it here a little while back and somebody mentioned something like that. I've always thought it would be fun because it's the kind of humor I enjoy with the obvious ridiculousness of it but taking it very seriously. But I couldn't possibly get into the costuming of it right now.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Phew that's good to know! I've got a workers' orange suit that I tweaked for previous pilot/Jaina cosplay, so I might just end up using that.

@EnviousSerious-Rue if the Empire was occupying Bespin, a looting/saving a coffee maker would be a higher priority.

I never really intended to do Willrow, but when I saw that cheap old ice cream maker, I took it as a sign. :p

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Of course in order to get access to information about runs you need to be an approved Willrow, but the information on how to join the Willrow Hood detachment is out there, and basically a Willrough is enough to be able to run.
    http://www.willrowhood.com/

Amon_Amarth and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  4. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Thanks!

5. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    So I worked a lot on my cosplay this weekend and Sunday I realized my collar was hitting more in the center instead of the mid left like it should. I thought about taking it apart cause accuracies but then I remembered all the struggle it took to get there and honestly, for approval I feel like the shirt can be started over. So for Celebration I just decided to let it be. It’s 98% accurate anyways. Now on to the jacket

6. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    So I actually commissioned my costume, and it should be here within the next 2 weeks. Its 2 jedi costumes, one is in a green color scheme...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    @Padme501st from what I know they are planning a Solo photo for Friday afternoon, no club membership or approved costume required.

Padme501st likes this.
  8. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Sweet! Thanks!

9. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    How many photos shoots are being planned? I know there's always the big 3 (Rebel Legion, 501st, and Mando Mercs) and normally Slave Leias and Ahsokas, but sounds like there's going to be a lot more than this.

10. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Outside of the three big clubs it's usually a bunch of photoshoot for every little facebook group or collective of costumes out there. As of now I know that almost all detachments (subgroups specialized in a certain costume type) are planning photos, the Solo photo, twilek photo. Basically if there is a good natural photo location you can just sit there and wait for all kinds of groups to show up.

11. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Awesome, thanks!

12. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    If anybody hears of an NJO, or generally Legends EU photoshoot, please do share! I tried to find something on FB but no luck.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  14. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    So I decided I'm going to try and score a Cassian jacket at Celebration, or perhaps get fitted for one there and order it. If not, then I'll buy from that company.

I also want to look into some decent quality Jedi or Sith robes. Eventually I want to join Saber Guild, not sure when exactly. But I was doing some reading on it last night and they have pretty high costuming standards on par with the other fan groups who do the same. I figure the best place to look would be at Celebration, or at least find the right resources and people to talk to for where to look.

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Don't forget we also have a Costuming forum. It's kinda dead but you might find some of the threads of use. You could always ask there about the robes as well.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  16. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Okay, so it's in Fan Activities. Yea, it does look kind of dead. I'll read the past threads though. That whole section of the forum looks pretty cool. Didn't even know it was there.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  17. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    If you're going for a Jedi costume, check if Rebel Legion in your area has a group for prospective recruits. That way they can assign you a "mentor", basically a person whose brain you can pick about materials, vendors, techniques, etc. Sunrider Base also hosted a build party that was open to recruits, which was super helpful to me.
    Not sure if there is a similar thing for Sith costuming.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  18. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    It's cool how cosplay groups come together to help newcomers out.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    Amon_Amarth and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  19. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Okay cool. I just looked up what Sunrider Base is, so that's another source. I know Rebel Legion has a lot going on in Southern California, they always have a big booth area for the different SW fan groups at SDCC. I was going to hit up the people in Saber Guild at WonderCon this year as well, since they always have a big presence there. At least get pointed in the right direction for now. As far as when I can actually join the group and be an active member is still to be determined.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  20. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Got the pleats for my jacket sleeves done and was planning on finishing both sleeves today but I need to go buy piping. It’s been raining for so long we had floods today so I’m kind of stranded at the house, I live on top of a big hill so I’m cool, just can’t go anywhere cause all the roads around me are flooded and closed, so no piping today. It’s still raining so I doubt tomorrow will be different. Maybe I can do the collar or something

21. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Finished Aphra belt today. Took more time than I anticipated, but it is more accurate now, rather than a reused Han Solo belt. Now I just need to borrow friend's sewing machine with a heavy duty needle (for leather) so that I can do the hat, got the material and pattern ready.

Padme501st likes this.
  22. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I got my Enfys wig yesterday, but it won't work. It's too brown. :( I have ordered a new redder wig, hopefully that one will be ok.

23. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Ah, I didn't realize you were doing her unmasked.

Padme501st likes this.
  24. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    How did that process work? How did you get fitted for it? What company?

25. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I want to have Enfys' helmet, but I'm doubting that it will be delivered in time so the wig is my back up plan. I have ordered a resin cast of it.

I talked to the guy who's helping me print most of the hardware and he's posting it tomorrow. So that's a more positive thing.

Skickat från min SM-A520F via Tapatalk