main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 SWC22 Costume/cosplay thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Jun 8, 2018.

1. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    https://kenickysfancydress.co.uk

They do have a limited selection, but I am not looking for anything too fancy. Anyway, they are based in the UK, and you can basically call them, or send them an email and give them your measurements and they will make you a costume for you, even modifying it to suit what colors you want. The only thing that does not come with the outfit is the Jedi Belt, and Boots, which you have to order yourself. I ordered 2 costumes from them; the first one should arrive this week, or by next week at the latest. They say it takes about 10 days, to make and send it off, but you can contact them and inquire if you so choose...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I think I saw them at For The Love Of Sci-Fi a few years ago. They looked pretty good and reasonably priced for custom work.

darthvader88 likes this.
  3. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Who...

https://kenickysfancydress.co.uk

These?

4. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, them.

darthvader88 likes this.
  5. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Then I chose good. I was surprised at the prices, since I have seen some people over here in the USA charge double. Of course it depends on the quality of the materials and such...

ChrisLyne likes this.
  6. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah. I mean there are plenty out there who do the more expensive work, with really high quality materials, and it looks like you just walked off the movie set. But it costs.

These aren't that level, but for the price you pay they looked good quality.

darthvader88 likes this.
  7. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Are you going to be in costume at Celebration?

ChrisLyne likes this.
  8. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, got some Jedi robes that my mother in law made for me! Working on a second set as well (styled after Crait Luke but more PT Jedi colours) but that might not be ready.

darthvader88 likes this.
  9. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I probably mentioned this already but I ordered 2 Jedi costumes from Kenicky's, one in a green color scheme...

ChrisLyne likes this.
  10. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Thanks!

darthvader88 likes this.
  11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Today I sewed my Enfys jumpsuit together, and hated everything about the front. So it was just to start over with the front piece.

Skickat från min SM-A520F via Tapatalk

12. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Well did piping for the first time. Here is one sleeve
    [​IMG]

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  13. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Time to tackle Jedi Jaina belt this weekend! Got one that I wore to cons, but I want to get Jaina approved. So close on all projects, so with luck, and a final push, I'll have Jaina, Dr. Aphra, and Rebel pilot. :D

14. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    The jacket has now become stress level 5000. After working on it all weekend, it’s not working out at all and I don’t know why. I’m going to work on a Lando cape for my friend and then just make sure the pants and shirt are ready to go for Celebration. I can wear my Phasma jacket with it, it’s a similar style just different colors and if I get hot then I don’t have to bother with the jacket. The jacket is known to be complicated yet simple looking and it’s definitely reached that point

15. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Padme501st likes this.
  16. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    It’s ok. I just need to try again with a clear head.

MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.
  17. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm also going into full stress. I was down sick during the weekend when I had planned to finish all the soft parts for Enfys. Well hopefully next week. I'm really worried though that the arm shields, which I ordered since they like the helmet are too complicated to make them, have been stuck in a fedex facility for the last 1,5 weeks. It only says "shipment exception - delay beyond our control" in the tracking status.

Padme501st likes this.
  18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Are they coming from outside the EU? Could be a customs issue. I'd email or call Fedex Customer Support and see what's up. (I used to work in IT for an airfreight company). Have your tracking number handy when you email or call.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  19. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Sorry to hear about the delays, hope your costume parts arrive in time!

Padme501st likes this.
  20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    It's from outside of the EU, not many Enfys Nest propmakers in Europe. Well I've asked the propmaker if he can enquire what is going on with the package, I see it as his responsibility until it has arrived at my post office, and since it's in his country I think it's probably easier for him to contact them.

Padme501st likes this.
  21. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Hopefully he can get it sorted for you.

22. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I haven't heard anything about the package. I'm starting to think how I can make a dummy version of the shields from foam as a temporary measure. Since I'm not going to get the helmet in time either, and she's not wearing the shields fanned out except for when she has the helmet. If I could make a dummy of them in their closed state that could work for Celebration.

At least I'm almost finished with the shoes, I'm wearing them for work today to get some natural weathering. They are so comfortable which is a first for a pair of costume shoes.

23. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Comfortable shoes is the rarest thing you can find in costumes. That’s usually the first thing that fails

24. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Can you show us the part of the costume your having problems with? I wonder if I could come up with some ideas to help. don't give up yet.

25. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    It's a pair of these.

[​IMG]
    When they aren't fanned out you only see the part in the middle, and that shouldn't be too hard to make. There are 3D-print files available, but I have already paid for these ones and I don't want to pay again to have a second pair printed for me.