main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Yuuzhan'tar: The Yuuzhan Vong Homeworld

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Otto_den_Ktulu, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    He wasn't really infiltrating the NR government, he was stirring up a brushfire war in the outer rim.

2. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    We all have the feeling, that many things are missing. Please note, that there were originally 29 volumes planned for NJO and not 19 only. I guess in that missing volumes, there had been all the missing clues or fixation for loose ends left in the first volumes.

Concerning the poisoning of Mara Jade, I know only her memories she shares with Luke in "Balance Point". There is a nice fanfiction about this event, but it is AU.

I also have two questions:

What is the mysterious super-weapon, which the shaper Nagme did create on the planet Rychel to destroy the Jedi in the "Invasion"-Comics? Is there any tie-in of that or of other events of "Invasion" into one of the NJO-novels? "Invasion" takes place 25 ABY.

Then Shimrra Jamaane. He takes over in 29 BBY. But then he would be roughly about eighty years in age in NJO. Was that takeover and the killing of Quoreal before the first raid on Zonama Sekot at a time, when the average age of a Yuuzhan Vong was still about 200 years until it was graded down to the average age of a Human? Otherwise Shimrra would be a kind of Palpatine regarding age, but in Ylesia he doesn't appear to be such an old man.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  3. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Vong Iive about three times the human average.

In the GFFA the maximum age is 120(with some Jedi making 200), with 100 being more common.

Assuming that-Yuuzhan Vong live around 300-360 years old.

This means Shimmra and the other adult Vong we see aren't particularly old at least by the standards of their own species. Czulkang Lah is probably well over a 100 if not more. I forgot how old Shedao Shai was. Probably in his forties or fifties at least.

SkywalkerShine and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  4. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    In Wookieepedia it is written, that the average lifespan of a Yuuzhan Vong is 76 years. But I remember that it were around two hundred years before. They did also downgraded the lifespan of Muuns from several hundred years (like in the Darth Plagueis novel) down to 100 years average lifespan.

5. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Actually it says the maximum was 2-3 times the human length. Which in the GFFA is 100-120.

6. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    You call a handfull of backwater worlds a bushfire? All things considered that didn´t seem to have been that impactfull.

7. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    The idea was to create chaos in the yuuzhan Vong's invasion path, which that system was in.

Sudooku likes this.
  8. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    This or to lure the attention of the New Republic away from the planned Invasion corridor as happened on Rhommamool/Osarian which are rather distant from it.

9. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I'd have to look at it on a map, but the general idea was to start fires in the path and around the invasion corridor. The Vong didn't want stability in their invasion route and the area around it, so they sought to promote petty conflicts and did things like destroyed Sernpidal, while also attacking the Exgal base.

10. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I just don't get it, that somebody like Shimrra would have waited for more than 50 years before invading the galaxy. Of course scouting and exploring took some time. But actually I would have expected Shimrra either to attack earlier, for instance right after Endor at the latest point, or having acended later to power than Wookieepedia stated it, perhaps in 22 ABY. So I suspect, the date of ascension of Shimrra to Quoreal was just placed that early to "justify" the first pre-AotC attack on Zonama Sekot.

11. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Quoreal was in charge in the 35 BBY to 29 BBY timeframe. He was in charge during the Zonama Sekot encounter. He got cold feet after this and was deposed probably sometime from 27 BBY to 22 BBY.

I suspect in the following decades Vong scouting efforts were stepped up, as were war preparations.

Also remember a lot of the Vong fleet was still probably on its way in the void-it may have been that the main armada was at least a decade or so behind. We don't know enough about how the Vong caravan operated in the intergalactic void-were they all packed together? Were they spaced apart? If so by how much? Did any parts of the Vong exodus fleet go in other directions, settle other galaxies?

Assuming that the Vong armada was tight enough that Onimi made the call of "invade now or we go extinct from infighting" this means the main fleet likely parked outside the Galaxy by 12 BBY at the latest.

Also it takes time to ensure the warrior caste had bred to sufficient numbers, intendants and spies were infiltrating the Galaxy, the shapers were growing biots and ships.

Remember a galactic invasion takes a long time and a lot of preparation.

You don't launch an invasion on a galactic scale, that will either succeed and lead to the renewal of your civilization or your destruction and extinction without a whole lot of preparing, strategizing and thinking. The difference between a premature invasion and a well crafted one launched at the right time for the yuuzhan Vong can mean the difference between total victory and the extinction of the children of Yun-Yuuzhan.

Also it wasn't really Shimmra-it was Onimi who controlled him from behind the throne.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    When did Tsavong become Warmaster? And when was Czulkang Lah Warmaster? Who did he fight to become one of the most revered Warmasters?

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  13. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Probably other Vong in some of the inter caste fighting in the latter years of their trip through the void.

SkywalkerShine and Sudooku like this.
  14. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I also would like to know what Nom Anor did with the Zinethium, handed over to him by Xandel Carivus in "Crimson Empire III".

I wouldn't also be surprised when Nom Anor was the spin doctor behind the election of Fey'lya to become chancellor.

15. Calathar44

Calathar44 Jedi Padawan

Nov 13, 2018
    It may have been necessary to have spies like Nom Anor interfere for someone as incompetent as Fey'lya to be elected.

16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Certainly possible Vong agents had penetrated the NR's apparatus.

17. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Nom Anor acquired the Zinethium by hiring mercenaries (Xandel Carivus was dead by then). He then handed it over to Imperial extremist Ennix Devian, who tried to set it off on Coruscant in order to destabilize the New Republic (which was also Anor's goal).

Nom von Anor and Sudooku like this.
  18. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I can imagine that Nom Anor and his agents did play the anti-Human card to make some non-human senators hostile towards a human domination of the senate and politics. When I think of the mood in the senate, when Leia as envoy of Dubrillon did speak before the senate to gain some help for the regions threatened by the YV-invasion in "Dark Tide", there was such a large front against her especially from the non-human senators except Elegos A'Kla, that I asked myself how it came so far. That fits seemlessly into how Nom Anor did treat Leia at Rhommamool in VP before.

When I speak of Vector Prime: Who is the guy on the book's cover left of Nom Anor? He is too old to be one of the Solo-Children. Or is it Han? Or Nom Anor with his Ooglith-Mask?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  19. Calathar44

Calathar44 Jedi Padawan

Nov 13, 2018
    The anti human feeling would be a good issue for spies to play up, especially given how pretty much every terrible imperial warlord or officer for the past 25 years had been a human.

I've always thought that the person on the Vector Prime cover was Luke, although it's hard to tell. On the Japanese cover it definitely seems to be Luke: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...secover.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070615204237

20. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    On the Japanese cover that guy looks like Leonardo DiCaprio in "Catch me if you can". [face_rofl]But with the other persons, sure, it can't by anybody else but Luke. With Vector Prime as a movie, we would surely know that Luke has a new sleek hairstyle now, before going messy in Ep. VII.

I still don't understand that Nom Anor at the cover has an empty eye-socket, while during the whole of VP, he has his Plaeryn Bol in place - a far more intriguing sight on the cover IMHO.

21. Calathar44

Calathar44 Jedi Padawan

Nov 13, 2018
    It would have been amazing if Luke had that hairstyle in episode 7. Imagine Rey walking up behind him, Luke slowly turning around, then lowering his hood to reveal his slick-backed hair. The greatest moment in Star Wars history!

Maybe the illustrator didn't know or forgot about the Plaeryn Bol, or just thought an empty eye socket looked more ominous.

22. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    At least the illustrator in his "forgetfulness" did not give the empty eye-socket to Luke, hehe![face_skull]

23. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Hi,
    How exactly is Nom Anor's reaction here in "Crimson Empire" after Xandel Carivus dared to touch him? Is Nom just putting off his hand or does he punch him? I just can't figure out just by the pictures.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  24. Calathar44

Calathar44 Jedi Padawan

Nov 13, 2018
    I'd say he punched him or jabbed him, mostly because the angle makes more sense for that to me, and Carivus ends up on the floor.

Sudooku likes this.
  25. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Did anyone notice Nom Anor stopped hissing in Crimson Empire III?