main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Resistance 1.19 - Descent - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 2, 2019.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Mar 11, 2019.
  1. 10

25.0%
  2. 9

50.0%
  3. 8

16.7%
  4. 7

4.2%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

4.2%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.19!!
    Descent
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney Channel.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Resistance episodes air on Sunday at 10:00 pm ET on Disney Channel. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    So I just watched this episode and while I’m too tired to write out my thoughts right now I’ll just say one thing: HOLY CRAP WHAT AN EPISODE. I’ve had faith this show would be good right from the start but dang that was insanely fun. Can’t wait for next week!

JH24, indydefense, Jamie1001 and 2 others like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    This episode was extraordinary. Great and original ideas, incredible animation, and genuine stakes and consequences. Better, I think, than every Rebels episode. And up there with the best of TCW.

4. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Best episode so far. Kaz being shown as competent really helps the series.

5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes, though I think it’s even stronger because he started out with so little competence. It’s like watching your kid start doing great at sports after lots of stumbling. I feel proud of Kaz. He had both great ideas and great execution.

Character development. Whouda thunk it?

RokurGepta and JH24 like this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    This episode was great.
    First i tought bucket had kicked in the bucket lol. We see a the first order can be rather convincing in recruiting. I always liked Tam and i love if she became a first order fanatic. Kaz was good in this episodes, Pyre is on of my favorite first order stormtroppers.
    It's one of the best episodes it has to offer on par with the good episodes of Rebels.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2019
  7. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    So it looks like Vonreg ID’d the Fireball, and now Team Fireball is under arrest…and they’re going to impound the Fireball!

Bucket to the rescue! Bucket shoots out a smokescreen and Kaz, Neeku, and Yeager sneak to Yeager’s office.

Tam, what are you doing?! Head to the office!

And Bucket’s been shot and fell down a hole!

And Tam surrendered. Probably a good thing. They would have shot her.

Kaz told Neeku the truth and Neeku is in denial. Their escape in the vents remind me of so many movies.

Oh, no, they’re trapped at a dead end!

Yay! Kel and Eila to the rescue!

Wow, Kaz is obsessed with rescuing Tam. Probably out of guilt.

“Have you heard of the Resistance?”

“No. Nothing.”

“They’re a violent and dangerous group.”

Oh, screw you, Tierny! YOU’RE the violent and dangerous one! This is gonna make Tam turn on the Resistance, isn’t it?

Tam defends Yeager, Neeku, and Kaz. Good for her!

Tam thinks Kaz is a poor kid from Coruscant who wants to race. Tierny tells her that Kaz hails from one of the wealthiest families on Hosnian Prime (First on-screen mention of the planet!) who was a pilot for the New Republic Navy and was recruited for the Resistance.

…Wait, how did the First Order know Kaz was recruited for the Resistance? The only person outside the Resistance who knew about that is Yeager. Unless Tierny was trying to manipulate Tam. Or maybe Kylo extracted that information from Poe when he was interrogating him.

Ugh, I wish his service record was written in English!

Kaz’s plan really is so crazy, it’s brilliant!

How did CB-23 defeat that droid so easily. BB-8 struggled against that BB-9E droid in TLJ.

Wait, was that Grevel? What’s he doing back? He flew off-world last episode!

“Kaz, if there’s one thing I believe you can do it’s sink this station.”

HAHAHA! That’s probably supposed to be both an insult and a compliment, and Kaz took it as an insult.

They took off the communications blanket and sent a message to the Resistance! It worked, but Pyre and Tierny are suspicious

“Especially with three Resistance spies running amok.”

More like one Resistance spy, an accomplice, and an accessory after the fact.

I like Doza now that he’s working with Team Fireball. I hope he doesn’t get killed off.

Uh-oh, Pyre found Yeager and Kaz! Yeager shoved Kaz back into the water in order to protect him from the First Order and got arrested himself after recieving a message from Leia! He really does care!

Also that kind of reminds me of how Poe got captured by the FO.

Also, I don’t think Yeager is the spy now. There was no one around and he was still captured.

The pirates are back and they intercepted Kaz’s message!

“Our ships are few and divided.”

Wait, how few? They weren’t diminished until the attack on the Raddus in TLJ.

“May the Force be with you.”

She said it! ^_^

“We are the Resistance now. I promise you this: we are taking back the Colossus.”

I thought for sure that was going to be in the season finale, but it works just as well in the penultimate! Or is next week the penultimate?

I wonder when exactly will Leia remember that message or if she did, she told Poe, but then stuff happened like the battle on Takodana, attack on Starkiller base, escaping D’Qar, the attacks on the Dreadnaught and the Raddus, Holdo, escaping to Crait, the battle on Crait, and helping Poe’s old Black Squadron on Ikkrukk in the comics. Poe is probably going to feel like crap when he finds out the First Order ID'd the Fireball on that planetoid, and because of that, Tam (who was innocent in all this) and Yeager were arrested and accused of being spies.

Can’t wait til next week! It’s gonna be gut-wrenching!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    JH24 likes this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Out of curiosity, why do you want Tam to become a space fascist? Seems like an odd thing to want for a character you like... :)

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I kinda like if she so into the whole order thing that she buys into it and becomes an associate of the first order. I know she probaly join Kaz in the final, but the idea that she joins the first order and slowly become a loyal first order believer is intriguing.

DarthRamRod likes this.
  10. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Grevel and the other guy ran away from the shuttle..not onto it.

The Resistance Fleet...IIRC...is just the ships in TLJ.

[​IMG]

I said it about last weeks episode...I hope Tam has to learn about the FO the hard way.

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, but why is it intriguing?

12. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    I guess we were right the cataclysm will be next week followed by the season finale appearance of
    [​IMG]

the week after

whostheBossk and Trikuza23 like this.
  13. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Have they announced the air dates? I was hoping they would go with the Rebels format and release the two-parters together.

BTW... ROLLLL CREDITS! :p

14. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    from this
    [​IMG]

their airing March 10 for part 1 and march 17 for part 2 . I too hoped they'd do it like rebels but I guess they couldn't maybe Disney channel though the Jessie show , Duck tales or some other program was more important then airing them together atleast this way they are promoting that People will be talking about the finale leading into Celebration where we will probably get the trailer for season 2

15. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Really good episode.
    Liked seeing Yeager in action a lot. The season finale should be interesting and how they tie it into TFA.

Last few episodes have been on a roll.

cubman987 , JH24 and Bor Mullet like this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This was another great episode. Even if I was wrong about them being sisters, oh well, I'm used to being wrong. :p

I was seriously upset when Yeager got captured. :(

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't know just thinking if she got in bed with the first order and get an inside look of how they operate. Season 2 could be her arc with the first order of how she became a true believer to realising how wrong she was when seeing the devastating destruction of the first order. I kind of doubt Tam will witness Hossnian Prime demise.

18. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    OMG

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah this ep was great, big game-changer. Going off what happens here plus whatever happens in the finale 2-parter I imagine season 2 is gonna be a whole lot different.

cubman987 and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    In retrospect, the slow build to this finale run was brilliant. Makes it that much more effective. Most movies and shows these days are afraid to build tension slowly, for fear of turning viewers off. Kudos to the Resistance team for avoiding that. This show is great, and I think these later episodes are even better because of what came before them. Including those early, innocent days on the Colossus, and the slapstick silliness. That's the kind of life that fascism kills. The contrast is stark and effective.

21. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I didn't realize how much I liked/cared about Yeagar until he got captured in this episode. I could say that for all the characters honestly, in regards to the peril they faced this week. They are all exceptionally well written and likeable. They're probably the best part of the show.

JH24 and Bor Mullet like this.
  22. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Great episode. I'm thinking Resistance is a much prettier show than Rebels right now. Regarding Tam potentially joining the First Order: she can easily be brainwashed since they've shown they're not above tinkering with heads.

Unrelated, but it's kind of funny that characters from side projects like Battle Front 2 and this show will be responsible for re-building the Resistance after the main bunch get nearly obliterated in TLJ. [face_thinking]

23. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    So, in Leia's message to Kaz, she says she'll send him the coordinates to their next base, right? Is that going to be somewhere other than D'Qar? Could this be a teaser into where the Resistance will be in IX?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    I've been quiet once again over the last few episodes, but once again, these last several episodes have had me hooked.

Agent Tierny is basically a First Order Agent Kallus pre-"The Honorable Ones". And her demeanor and way of trying to butter up Tam fits what is basically the First Order secret police. She's also very no-nonsense. I'm partially hoping she survives the season finale to become a recurring villain in the second season (because Phasma's likely going to be dead by that point, unless we get a surprise reveal that she survived TLJ).

I predicted the first season would have this slow burn effect when it came to building tension and tone shift, because not only did the season begin just a few months before the events of TFA (and force things to become more intense once it overlapped with the films), Dave Filoni has a consistent track record with it from his two previous shows. I prefer this method of showing how lighthearted it is to start off (and it actually works not just in the show's favor, but the Sequel era's favor by showing that while the heroes of the Original Trilogy and the Jedi weren't as well off in the end, their efforts weren't in vain and the galaxy enjoyed thirty years of relative peace) before diving into darkness.

JH24 and Bor Mullet like this.
  25. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Me, as I was watching this episode.

[​IMG]

zackm, chrcharcor2, JH24 and 3 others like this.