main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The WNU Interview Thread!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Khalia Octa, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Close call between Chinese and Mexican. Also, pizza. Honestly, I'm not really a picky eater at all. I just like food.

Assuming that you actually mean "dine out", I really enjoy eating out, but staying in is cheaper, so we usually do that.

Yes and no. I like houseplants, but I'm not a very good plant mom. Therefore I prefer plants that kind of thrive on neglect, like succulents.

I don't think any of my fics are old enough to think about reposting them yet. But a couple of my favorites that I've written are A Promise Kept and Not His Day.

I have had a number of stuffed animals pass through my life. In fact I am in possession of two teddy bears, Fluff and Michelle, which I have had since I was 3 or 4 years old. And I am not the least bit ashamed to admit that I still cuddle them from time to time.

Correllians, I guess, because they come off to me as sort of Space! Celtic.

2. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    @Cowgirl Jedi 1701

What is a weird fact everyone should know about you?

What's the strangest thing on your bucket list?

What SW quote explains you? :p

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. Tari Narvina

Tari Narvina Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2018
    @Cowgirl Jedi 1701
    Do you like watching movies at home with DVD's or going to the movies?

Khalia Octa likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Which SW movie is your fave?

Favorite Legends character?

The part of Legends you're gladdest is no longer history? [face_laugh]

If you could live in any time period of history, what would it be?

Favorite color?

Favorite flavor of ice cream/cake/pie?

Khalia Octa likes this.
  5. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    I once translated the word to the Star Trek Enterprise theme song into Spanish. Because why not.

My bucket list is actually kind of boring. I mean, half of it is just places I'd like to go. Probably about the most interesting thing on it is going to see Phantom Of The Opera live. And also Riverdance.

May the Force be with us.

I love going to the movies, but I love DVDs too, because I can watch them over and over. Actually I like my VHS tapes too. Yes, DVDs have a lot more features, and I think that's awesome, but I am not getting rid of my VHS tapes until they no longer work. I guess I'm retro that way.

Return Of The Jedi

My two favorites are Mara Jade and Ahsoka Tano. I can't decide which one I like better.

Ahsoka Tano

The Wild West, I think.

Green

Mint chip/chocolate/pumpkin

6. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    What's a question you wish you were asked here?

7. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    @Cowgirl Jedi 1701

What is your favourite SW species and why?

Why do you like Mara and Ahsoka?

What would you name your autobiography?

8. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    "If a hen and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days does it take six hens to lay a dozen eggs?" :p

Twi'leks, because they look cool, and Wookies because Chewbacca.

Because they're a couple of classy badass ladies.

Where Do I Find The Money To Make This More Fun? The Challenges Of Fandom On A Broke-Ass Budget

Togruta, Khalia Octa and Sarge like this.
  9. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Last day to get your questions in for @Cowgirl Jedi 1701!!

Have you ever been to SWC?

Do you like musicals?

If you could rename an animal, which one would you rename and what would you rename it? :p

10. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Assuming you mean Celebration, no. See above, "What would you name your autobiography?"

Yes.

I would rename the Raccoon to Trash Panda. :p

11. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Thank you for being interviewed @Cowgirl Jedi 1701! If you would like to be interviewed or would like to know more information about it please PM me. :)
    Next up we have @Darth_Furio =D==D= Once Darth_Furio has answered these questions, the floor is open ;)

How did you stumble upon the boards?

Where do you mostly hang out in the JCF?

What three words describe yourself?

12. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    How did you stumble upon the boards?

I found them when I was looking for new SW books to read at around that time. The lit section mostly until I moved around the boards and began reading fan fics and talking to folks in the SWC. From there I started to write Role Playing pieces, which led to my own fan fics.

Where do you mostly hang out in the JCF?

Like I mentioned above, at first literature, then I moved to SWC for a long while where I made many friends. So yeah, SWC and fan fiic mostly.

What three words describe yourself?

Passionate, Fiery, and stubborn.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Darth_Furio

What kinds of role playing have you done, i.e., what era(s) of SW?

Who are your favorite SW characters and why?

Give your honest opinion of the ST. [face_laugh]

Favorite decadent dessert?

Coolest place you've traveled to?

Favorite cuisine?

Do you like Nutella? [face_mischief]

Khalia Octa and Darth_Furio like this.
  14. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
  15. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    do you remember a favourite Role Play in the Cloud City Cantina when you were an active member there? :D

16. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

What kinds of role playing have you done, i.e., what era(s) of SW?

In truth, it didn't matter which era the game was set in. I've read enough about old EU lore that I'm comfortable in most places. Love the Old Republic era.

Who are your favorite SW characters and why?

Wow, this could take awhile. :p

- Darth Bane because he was the ultimate Sith Lord. There wasn't an ounce of light in that man.

- Darth Malgus because of his faith in the Sith. It drove him to the ultimate sacrifice in killing his lover. He felt she weakened him and the only way for him to grow in the Dark Side further was cut out anything that he deemed weak.

- Darth Revan/Jedi Revan. He was another soldier of faith and consequence. He believed so much in what he was doing that he defied the Jedi Order and fought in the Mandalorian wars. He became a Sith to get closer to and fight the ultimate evil in Darth Vitiate. He could manage his feelings enough that he feel in love again with Bastila Shan. His actions inspired the Exile to start a new Jedi Order when they were at their bleakest point.

- Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus. His character was great in every way until they made him a Sith Lord. I liked that idea though. The execution, I did not like. Darth Caedus should have challenged Luke, maybe even kill him. But nope, it was something else that I did not totally believe in.

- Han Solo, because it's Han.

- Leia, because she is everything that Star Wars is.

- Obi-Wan, because he is the opposite of Darth Bane. A good man with the strongest of principles.

- Kylo Ren, because he reminds me of me. Flawed, looking for his place, and doing everything he can to make his way through life the best way he knows how.

Give your honest opinion of the ST. [face_laugh]

I love the new characters. The story has its holes, but overall, I'm good with it. Except my real problem was the portrayal of Luke. Luke would have never left the galaxy in a state like that for so long. I can buy a few years of being a hermit, but leaving Leia and Han alone like that? Never. I know people have a problem with how he died, but I did not. He did the ultimate Jedi action. He saved the Resistance and didn't swipe his sabre once. Also, Leia, Luke and Han should have been reunited all together at least once.

Favorite decadent dessert?

Cherry Cheesecake

Coolest place you've traveled to?

Japan. Osaka and Kagoshima to be exact. I was twenty and built like a truck :p My friend was a teacher there and she invited me over. So much fun, food, and met this Aussie girl. We had a good two weeks. :p

Favorite cuisine?

I"m from Italian decent and that is it. I love to eat Italian, cook Italian, and go to Italian restaurants to get more ideas of what to cook. My family is from the south and it's great to eat the local food there. They're on an agriculturally based income and sell oil, wine, fruits and veggies. All organic and delicious.

Do you like Nutella? [face_mischief]

With a spoon baby. :p

@Khalia Octa

What are some hobbies of your's irl?

I love to watch and go to movies. I read SW, LotR, Game of Thrones books. I read comics too. Batman, SW obviously. Like I said before I like to cook too. Best of all. Play with my Beautiful daughter. :)

@Dandelo

Do you remember a favourite Role Play in the Cloud City Cantina when you were an active member there? :D

Being your apprentice of course. :p

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  17. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    @Darth_Furio

What is the weirdest thing on your bucket list?

Where is one place you really want to travel to?

What is your favourite SWEU book and why?

18. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Thanks for the questions @Khalia Octa

What is the weirdest thing on your bucket list?

I want to go to one of those silent retreats where you don't have to say anything to anyone. Imagine the peace and quiet! :p

Where is one place you really want to travel to?

Morocco, Egypt, northern Africa. Something out of my comfort zone with a lot of history and things to see and eat!

What is your favourite SWEU book and why?

Deceived. TOR book about the sack of Coruscant and lots of Darth Malgus goodness. Like I mentioned above, his story about his complete acceptance of what it means to be a Sith showed incredible sacrifice and dedication. He was not a Vader rip off by any means as he was decisive and cunning. Sacking the Jedi Temple, killing his lover, and eventually trying to over throw the Sith Empire to make it his own was really entertaining.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Khalia Octa likes this.
  19. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    @Darth_Furio ;)

What is a weird fact about yourself that everyone should know?

Have any party tricks? :p

What do you want to see in IX?

Darth_Furio likes this.
  20. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    @Khalia Octa

What is a weird fact about yourself that everyone should know?

I can't leave dirty dishes in the sink over night and also when I count with my fingers starting with my thumbs, my pinkies go before my ring fingers. I'm not sure if that's weird though. :p

Have any party tricks? :p

No, I'm usually the one cooking. :D

What do you want to see in IX?

I'd like to see the skywalker line continue with Ben being redeemed. I think he's dead though and I won't like Disney after that happens.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Darth_Furio

Favorite musical instrument?

Hardest/easiest subject in school?

If you could live in any time in history, what would it be and why?

What is the easiest and the most challenging part of creating original characters for fanfictions?

Darth_Furio and Khalia Octa like this.
  22. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha thanks for the questions!

When I was in school, I played the baritone. In terms of listening, probably a great guitar riff.

Hardest/easiest subject in school?

Math/History, I majored in Classical Studies.

If you could live in any time in history, what would it be and why?

Probably Renaissance Europe. It was a time that the European world was turning around from the ugliness of the Dark ages. Seeing all those dueling artists and innovators would have been incredible to see. I mean, if you were a regular person, you probably wouldn't have seen anything but if I could have been an apprentice, that would have been really cool.

What is the easiest and the most challenging part of creating original characters for fanfictions?

Honestly, after I thought out the story, the characters just fell into place. The most challenging part about original characters is to create ones that aren't too much like the characters already thought up by authors in the EU and main canon. There are so many great characters, that making up an original can be tough. You take something from here and there, and add your own twist to it.

23. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Thank you @Darth_Furio for being interviewed!! If you'd like to be interviewed just PM me ;)
    Next up we have @Bardan_Jusik =D==D==D=

How did you come up with your username?

Favourite era of SW movies?

Favourite era of SW books?

What's your go to breakfast meal?

Once Bardan has answered these questions, the floor will be open ;)

24. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    So what you're saying is that if I don't answer any of these questions, you never open up the floor to everyone else and no one else gets to ask me anything?

Seems like a sweet way to game the system....

Oh fine, all right.

How did you come up with your username? My user name comes from a character in the Republic Commando series of novels, a Jedi who "went native" and became a Mandalorian.

Favourite era of SW movies? Has to be the Original Trilogy for me.

Favourite era of SW books? There it's the Prequel Era, especially as naturally enough the Republic Commando series is my favorite series.

What's your go to breakfast meal? Oh that's a tough one, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day...well until lunch rolls around anyway. I like waffles and bacon, or a nice bacon omelette, or french toast with a side of bacon. Bacon, egg and cheese on a biscuit, pancakes with bacon on the side. Biscuits and gravy with a side of bacon. I could go on, but I think you all see where I'm headed with this.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Bardan_Jusik

Most challenging and also fun part of roleplaying?

What appeals to you about the Mandalorian culture?

How do you feel about the direction SW is going?

Vacation destination you've liked most?

Favorite sweet snack?

Khalia Octa and Adalia-Durron like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.