main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Ships and Vehicles of Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by KnightOfRen, Dec 13, 2017.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want to see sharks with frikkin' laser beams.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    A few new designs would be great to see. I'd imagine there is going to be a large space battle so I can't wait to see all ships in battle, both old and new. I would love to see Rey fly an X-Wing also.

dekaneas and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  3. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Since Han's dead, does it mean that Lando finally gets the Falcon back or does it now belong to Chewie?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  4. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Probably Chewie owning the thing technically, but Rey & he co-piloting, no?

5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Well he was cheated out of the Falcon by Han!!!

6. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Really? There was only one cheat at that card game and he got busted.

7. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Lando Calrissian, the smoothest man in the galaxy a cheat?

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Lando's a scumbag, a cheater. Han showed by taking Falcon. It's Chhewie's now if not a certain old pirate comes to collect.

9. moxlox

moxlox Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    So Luke Skywalker's X-wing strongly rumoured to be appearing at some point in Episode IX (makingstarwars.net).

What could this mean? Is it the Death Star destroying X-Wing (left behind on Bespin), ROTJ X-Wing, a newer X-Wing? Flash back? A real return of the X-Wing on the bottom of the sea at Ach-To? Could Luke be flying it?

Also rumoured that Rey has Luke's X-wing helmet in her possession. Could be unconnected though.

Could it be a flashback about getting the Anakin lightsabre back from Bespin, and how it ended up with Maz? Perhaps it was Luke that went back?

Hoping its the old school X-Wing fighter myself.

10. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I just want to know why Luke kept stealing X-Wings from the Rebel Alliance. They weren't his own personal vehicles, yet he takes one on a personal mission to Dagobah, and ends up leaving it on Cloud City. Then he takes another on a personal trip to Ach-To, and leaves it under the water. Can you imagine if a fighter pilot in the air force decided to start stealing F-15s for his own personal trips and then leaving them behind? He'd be court marshalled in no time.

Putting that aside, though, yeah, I am curious to see how his old X-Wing is incorporated in Episode 9. It does seem to run the risk of feeling a bit "fan-servicey", but then again, TFA had a ton of that sort of thing, and I enjoyed it, so I trust JJ to do it right.
    I can't really see them devoting much (any) screentime to showing how Maz got Luke's saber, as it just doesn't feel like something that will really be all that relevant to the larger story. But then again, who knows? Seeing as how we don't know yet what the larger story of 9 will be, I guess anything is possible. I just always imagined that Maz finding Luke's saber would be the kind of thing we'd be more likely to get in a comic book than in a movie.

moxlox likes this.
  11. moxlox

Nov 1, 2012
    I agree, I wouldn't expect much time on the lightsabre thing. Just a curious thing to include this old X-Wing in some way. More likely to be a flashback for Luke travelling and arriving at Ach-to.

But I know I would love to have an explanation as to how Maz got that sabre, even if fan geeky!

Also: LOL at your X-wing theft musings!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  12. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    1, It's an older style X-Wing.
    2, It has heavy weathering on it, as though it has been standing for decades.
    3, It was filmed alongside a new (TLJ style) A-Wing.
    4, Luke would have left his helmet in the craft if he went off to a family gathering or suchlike.

I'm putting my money on Rey returning to Cloud City, it's not as though it has been foreshadowed at all;

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    moxlox likes this.
  13. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Nothing irritates me more than lame EU nonsense shoehorning OT crap where it doesn’t belong.

14. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Either Rey Lobot or Rey Icecreammakerman confirmed.

Sarge and Django Fett like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    So someone in the massive Battle of Jakku had a postcard from Bespin that a loved one gave them. Hardly a world-breaking monstrosity...

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  16. moxlox

Nov 1, 2012
    If the heavy weathering is true, then the Death Star destroying X-Wing on Bespin does sound likely.

The Rey Cloud City flashback/forward in TFA then adds plausibility. Still could be the Maz "that's a story for another day" lightsabre anecdote with Luke or shock horror a memory wiped Rey...(I'm not that serious about the latter, but pieces in place could allow it to happen).

17. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Obviously it could be any old X-Wing that had sat around in the rain for a couple of decades (in an arms dealer's lot for example) but if she does have Luke's helmet it looks like too much of a coincidence. As the prop seems to have been shipped to a shooting location at the same time as a TLJ-era, single seat A-Wing I'm inclined to believe that for some reason Rey goes alone to Cloud City. For now anyway....

18. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    I don't think we'll see any OT or PT world, not like any have made an appearance so far in this trilogy anyway.

19. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What's more likely A) the Falcon gets completely blown up or B) the Falcon gets partly/(mostly?) blown up but in the end a new ship is created out of the wreckage of the Falcon?

20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    If one is to appear my money has always been on Tatooine. It’s heavily rumoured for Episode 9.

21. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I wonder if we'll see this part of the Falcon blow away during a high-speed atmospheric chase.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    The Regular Mustache likes this.
  22. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Why that particular part? And that's from a model kit/toy I believe so not representative of the actual 'real' thing.

23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    MSW' latest report had this little taster, Kylo’s ship is white with red and black details and lots of very cool mechanical looking parts dotted around it. Vader’s helmet is stored there.

24. moxlox

Nov 1, 2012
    Hey, you've got the same problem as my Falcon; peeling stickers. I fixed this with a Pritt-Stick (glue stick)! The old girl was revived and has a new lease of life with my 4yo! Who LOVES it. :)

Bought a new quad cannon off of e-bay too. I'm sure Chewie and Lando can do the same thing!

Siphonophore likes this.
  25. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Somebody who saw today’s shareholder footage tweeted that there was a shot of Kylo in a white room looking at Vader’s helmet, so this scoop seems legit.

whostheBossk, moxlox and RetropME like this.