main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Forum Meetup

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Mar 25, 2019.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Now with the schedule out we should really plan some kind of meet up. I think it would be nice to meet on Thursday or Friday, that way we recognize each other if we run into each the rest of the days. I would also suggest going for lunch or a snack or something together, everybody needs to fill up on energy.

Those are just my suggestions, what do you think?

2. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I will be shopping early Thursday at the store and I’m hoping I won’t be in there the entire time and that ends at 12:30? Or we could meet prior for like coffee or whatever since people are going to get in line that morning maybe like 9:30? I’m sure there’s a breakfast place at the Hyatt regency or Marriott that’s next to the place.

If on Friday then after Ep 9 panel will be great lol

3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I'd vote for Thursday sometime. Hopefully we get the floor plan and can consider possible locations.

4. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    At the moment, I’m set to wear a blue wig on Thursday so I should be easy to spot

My badge will be secured however

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  5. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  6. darthjason127

darthjason127 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    I am flexible but preference is that Thursday morning for coffee or something nearby at the Convention Center before people line up

7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Would love to see you all on Friday (I won't be there on Thursday) but don't jump through hoops to accomodate me please lol

8. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Without the worry of an overnight line, I think Thursday is probably simplest as there's nothing to really avoid.

In terms of timings, I believe the queue officially starts at 9am (4hrs before show floor according to entrance procedure) but I'm sure I read 8am somewhere as well. @Padme501st's VIP store access is from 11am to 12:30 (which lines up with VIP's getting half hour early access to the show floor).

I think some time during the day would probably be best, that way people aren't going to be thinking about whether or not they need to be getting in line (this goes mostly for those after booth exclusives now I guess)

My plans for Thursday now are trying to grab Del Rey exclusive (assuming it's Master and Apprentice), picking up my art print, then just taking in the show floor/getting pictures with the props. So I should be pretty flexible if I can keep the rest of my group organized in the morning.

Another possibility to consider would be in the evening after the show floor closes for a quick drink or bite to eat. That's an option now there's no queue (I'm going to miss it but it definitely has advantages!)

credar, LloydChristmas and Padme501st like this.
  9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'd prefer to meet at the event if we can. Maybe late afternoon on Thursday after everyone has had a chance to walk around and take everything in. Trying to go out somewhere, I'm sure we're all staying all over the place and it's not going to be convenient for everyone, but I know we'll be at the con. I also wouldn't want anyone to feel pressured going somewhere where they have to spend more money.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  10. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Ahhh my competition... *cracks knuckles*

Im pretty open after the initial rush Thursday. Going to rush to Del Rey, get some autos, shopping and maybe if I can get into the show store (heh) but nothing particularly planned elsewise.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  11. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I will arrive Weds. and plan to take pictures of the Palmer House hotel, very historical! thurs. I will be wearing my 40 year old (Fabric, that is) Star Wars shirt I made years ago. I wear this the first day of every Cele. I may also wear my new Porg on a stick or Jawa scavenger hoodie, depending on the weather. Is anyone planning on wearing any Star Wars themed clothing or objects on their trip to Chicago? I'm making a shirt that has little Jawas, Stormtroopers, Chewies and Droids all over it. I don't care what others think, start the fun on the way.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  12. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd be way down for something after Thur wraps up. Gonna be hell trying to find each other in there without much of a signal, a bajillion exclusives/autograph times to navigate, and omg we might actually get to have a conversation.

Could keep it chill like a pizza place or something. Not that I, flying in from NYC, consider Chicago pizza actual pizza.

13. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I think Thursday afternoon sounds good, after the first rush. Can I present the Swedish cultural institution that is "fika" which is what this would be. Sit down, socialize, but you don't have to plan too much or spend too much time together.

14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Same here - if anyone wants to plan something for Friday as well I'd be down.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Sounds good to me. I really just want to meet because I feel I owe @Padme501st an in person apology...for everything...

16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    We could pick the same place and time Thursday and Friday in the late afternoon and people can go to both or pick one or whatever.

cubman987 , ChrisLyne and Darkslayer like this.
  17. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I like that idea!

18. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    I like @Obi Anne 's idea of a coffee social as opposed to lunch plans or such. Full disclosure - I had to google what a "fika" was... basically a coffee and buns social meet. So maybe one of the coffee places in the food court on Level 2 ? Someone needs to bring along an OT Leia cosplayer so we will have the buns covered.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  19. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Definitely up for a lunch or fika on Thursday!

Friday, preferably lunch, if there's also a meeting then for the folks who are not arriving on Thursday. Got books panels from 15:30.

We could do a doodle poll, though it doesn't seem too cumbersome to figure out what best fist everybody. I take it this may or may not be independent of the JCC meet? That thread didn't come up with any plans as of yet. :p

20. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Might have to opt out if fisting is involved...

21. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Unfortunate typo is unfortunate. I don't expect incidents. Unless a fist fight ensues between Padme501st and would-be badge thieves.

22. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Hokey religions and ancient fist fights are no match for a good blaster at your side.

23. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Thursday would be best for me considering I'm doing 501st/RL table duty back to back on Friday.
    I am flexible also. I'll be spending most of the day walking around taking pics anyway
    meeting fellow attendees.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  24. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Me to badge thief wannabes
    [​IMG]

25. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Badge thieves? where would this meet up take place? I guess due to security(or confused people who are not planning the floor plan well) there isn't a map. would you mind if I came?

ChrisLyne likes this.