main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Star Wars Celebration 2019 Hotels

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , May 16, 2018.

1. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    Nothing yet on mine. I keep checking the reservation page just to make sure it's still there. They cancelled a reservation to another con on me and never informed me. When I made the reservation I did it with a card that was cancelled due to suspicious activity and they never contacted me so when I arrived I had no room. Fortunately the Hotel was good enough to honor the original reservation so I was fine but it could have turned out a lot worse.

It doesn't hurt to double check those reservations!

2. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Why did they cancel?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    The card that I reserved it with had been shut off because of the Star Wars Authentics disaster at Celebration Orlando and when they ran the card it was denied. Rather than reaching out to me and asking for a new card number they just cancelled the reservation.

4. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    OMG! So sorry to hear that.
    My reservations were cancelled in Atlanta for DragonCon. Yes, I panicked. However,
    I requested the "Event Personnel" of that hotel and explained the situation. Luckily, it was
    an error on their end and they made it right.
    Because of what you posted above, I immediately contacted my hotel and double-checked
    my reservations for the 3rd time! Everything is set.
    I wish you the best of luck.

5. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Somebody on Reddit said their Marriott Marquis reservation through onPeak got cancelled without a reason. If you're there, you may want to just double check things.

6. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
    Being a curious Jedi/Republic Commando, I was online with Marriott Marquis Chicago minutes ago (which sits right across the street
    from the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place) and plugged in some numbers. This hotel will only take
    two to a room (not 3 or 4). for five days at a cost of $2595.00 or $519.00 per night. I always add on an
    additional 23% for state/local tax, hotel tax and luxury tax., which comes to $596.85. Final cost: $3191.85. And
    yes . . . . this room is available.
    Personally, I need 4 jobs to afford that.
    If the world were perfect and four people could occupy this same room, the cost would be $797.95
    per person for five days or $159.59 per day, per person for five days. Now I could afford that!
    I really hope that some of our brothers and sisters find a way to re-book their reservations and the outcome
    has a positive ending. I'll be sending powerful forces your way.
    (And, I did not contact OnPeak.)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Nothing yet. I haven't been charged the first night even like the policy said it would do in advance.

8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Did you ever make a hotel decision?

9. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Yea, I cancelled the South Loop and am sticking with the St. Clair in downtown. The price difference was too good to pass up. And looking at the schedule now, seeing that there aren't any screenings at night, I'm definitely good with it. Although I wish I had seen the Marriott open up, another buddy of mine told me was able to book there recently as well.

And btw, I saw on reddit that some people were having issues with their WonderCon hotel reservation through OnPeak as well, so it might be a system wide thing.

ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  10. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    I've got 5 nights booked at Marriott Marquis via On Peak and haven't been charged as yet. I've just checked and my reservation is still showing in my On Peak account so hopefully everything still goes smoothly with the reservation.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    We're close then. We could probably travel over in the morning together if you want.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  12. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    For sure, I was definitely going to hit you up about that.

ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  13. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yikes! Just double checked mine and looks ok. Probably going to start every day or so now.

I think that must be what they have available. We got a room for 4 (2 doubles). Direct rate is HIGH, we got lucky and got most nights through onpeak, definitely couldn’t have afforded direct booking for the full stay.

Same here. Guess we’ll be charged on check in.

14. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I am alone at the huge old beautiful,possibly haunted hotel!

darthvader88 likes this.
  15. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    I may still be staying with a friend, but that's up in the air. But, last night, someone on a facebook group alerted people to the fact the Home2 Hilton Suites in River North was showing really low rates. I got in for roughly $109 per night. That price has gone up this morning, but still relatively affordable. I had to add Wednesday night which is way more expensive, but this hotel looks like an option even though it's somewhat far out from McCormick.

16. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    That's where I'm staying. I few blocks walk to shuttle but to me worth the savings.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  17. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    Cool. There's a shuttle close? I had no idea. If I do stay there, I was planning on taking Uber to McCormick. A shuttle would be much more economical.

18. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Two shuttles about 0.3 to 0.4 miles away
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    Marriot Marquis listings opened up again on On Peak. No Wed though. Depending on room type there are more available than others.

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Bummer, I went to switch, but they cut off the ability to cancel my other reservation.

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    With some budgetary concerns, ended up cancelling my reservation at the Congress Plaza Hotel and swapping over to a place called the Chicago Parthenon Guest House to save some money ($80 less a night). It's 1.5 miles further away than the Congress, so no longer reasonable walking distance but I figure Lyfts and Ubers will do when needed.

Didn't book either through OnPeak, though, rather I just used Expedia.

22. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    Based on past Celebrations, should we have been charged yet for our hotels first night if we booked through OnPeak? This is the first Celebration where I went through them.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  23. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
    Yes, Marriott McCormick has 11th-15th open but not the 10th. Rates are around $179. 00/night for singles, doubles or kings.
    Don't forget, two other conventions will be on the McCormick property in other buildings. It's going to be a busy week!

24. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I am staying at Hyatt Regency Chicago, and they said that they will take the full amount either when I check in, or after I check out

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BrentC007 likes this.
  25. darthjason127

darthjason127 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    Anybody get any communication from OnPeak or their hotel (marriott marque here) on my onpeak booking it says "hotel is cutoff reservations cannot be edited"
    Just wondering if my friend should cancel his other room (our plan b) as we are waiting on level 2 confirmation (from hotel)
    THanks