main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Keri Russell (Zorri Bliss) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ewoksimon, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    And Matt Smith's screen time too, i strongly suspect.

2. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    They leak the names of interesting actors/actresses to excite the fanbase, but we know how it often works out.

Flat characters with few lines who are never developed in the films.

Django Fett and Harbour like this.
  3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    ...but are perfect to be sold as toys later on

4. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    TLJ Visual Dictionary: 'Skywalker kept the location of his Jedi training temple a strict secret, known only to members of his burgeoning Order. When he found it ablaze, the grounds littered by slaughtered students, he knew the betrayal came from within. It was his nephew, consumed by darkness, who had led its destruction. The wider galaxy would not know of ths calamity for years to come'

'The betrayal came from within'. But:

[​IMG]

This guy was credited as a 'Knight of Ren'. He seems to have been betrayed 'from within'. Hes not facing Ben/Kylo when he dies. Who is he trying to attack?

In the TFA vision we have, again, 'grounds littered' by slaughtered people. Then Ben/Kylo walks towards adult Rey, who is not there. But theres a caped someone behind her -rising from the floor, it seems.

(1:14. Try 0.5 speed)

If this person was a bounty hunter, and taking into accound that anakin's lightsaber had been a mcguffin at some pre-TFA point, perhaps this was when and how Ben/Kylo got it, only to lose it again.

But: why would be Rey seeing this, and why her little self appears ('no! come back!') when she turns around? It is preceisely at this point that she includes herself, so to speak, in her own vision. In theTLJ novelization, we have

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2015/10/rumor-new-details-about-crucial-scene.html

So if this caped person was Russells' character, she would have become a bounty hunter at some point out of 'grim necessity', and not by choice; and that, I think, after 'losing' Rey.

Apparently, although thats only a rumor, Russell's character was seen in the snow scenes filmed at Black Park. If she was, all these elements would come together: little Rey, snow forest, an 'attack' including lightsabers, etc. Maybe some of those scenes are part of a flashback:

Perhaps this hypothetical character also 'failed' Leia and 'walked away from everything', bounty hunter life being her own Acht-to, so to speak.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    TadoFett and RetropME like this.
  5. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  6. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    KR said that she has a cool outfit for the movie.
    Zorii has a cool outfit.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    The Regular Mustache likes this.
  7. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    [​IMG]

I think Zorii is Keri Russell's character.

8. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Almost without question, based on previous descriptions.

Seeing as how her gun is in the opposite hand over an empty holster, what is in the holster on this side? Could easily just be another gun like shown, or a knife, lightsaber or other.....

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I dig Zorii's design.

If Jango Fett had a baby with Zam Wessel instead of shooting her, their baby would look like Zorii. Well, technically, if Jango's outift had a baby with Zam's outfit...

10. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    Well...
    [​IMG]

Avnar and miasma like this.
  11. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    MSW described her costume a while back.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Please be in the movie for more than five minutes! Please be in the movie for more than five minutes!

13. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Nope, doesn't look good at all...

14. SunnyD

SunnyD Jedi Knight

Aug 26, 2015
    I'm digging it. Gives me prequel vibes in a good way.

15. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    I like the design and the name Zorii too. But I hope the character is more Jango Fett than Zam or Aurra Sing. I hope she's more than Jango too, or else she'll run the risk of just being another SW bountyhunter type.

Rather than being a flat functional character, she could be a round or semi-round character that opens the story up.

16. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    @ScreamingWoman2019

[​IMG]

I don't think anybody is getting up, it's just the wind is just blowing the clothes of the bodies.

17. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    the cheiften he's not a knight of ren Pablo said this on twitter . He's mostly is actually from Tehar the planet of the kids from Resistance

18. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    It looks like an unfinished Zam Wessel. Same with Rey, looks unfinished. Where's her Jedi outfit?

Avnar likes this.
  19. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    The more era-appropriate bar for her to soar over would be Phasma. They can’t introduce another badass female character here just to again sell toys and preach some empty spiel about how feminist a female villain is or whatever if they’re just going to short change one again.

20. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not a huge fan of the design. I hate the torso.

21. Porkins2099

Porkins2099 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2016
    I really wanted her to play a Knight of Ren, but at least she isn't a generic FO/Resistance officer with a backgroundish role. As for her costume, it looks... retro. It gives me a Mos Eisley vibe, like BoShek or something along those lines. Anyway, I hope she'll get a more memorable role than DJ.

22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m surprised, given your love for the OT. If you dropped her into the cantina scene in ANH, standing by the bar, she’d fit right in without anyone noticing.

Strongbow, RetropME and CrazyOldJedi like this.
  23. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I agree. But after what we got with Phasma, if Zorii gets to do even as much as Zam did, it'll be a step in the right direction. And if she gets to do as much as Jango did, it'll be leaps and bounds ahead of what Phasma got. Hoping for anything beyond that in a movie that already seems pretty crowded, may not be realistic, but who knows....

Regarding the design, the thing I like about it is that it seems designed to be flexible, which means maybe Zorii will actually get a decent action scene. Phasma looked cool, but that was a really cumbersome outfit that didn't exactly lend itself to tons of movement.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    JediAce1 and RetropME like this.
  24. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Zorii is just a code name anyways. They are pulling a Khan, her real name is Mara. The helmet is to hide the red hair. ;)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  25. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I think the look is fine. My fear for her, though, is her purpose is a copycat of Boba. We are dealing with JJ here. Did Kylo hire this bounty hunter to seek out the heroes? Literally anything but that and I’ll be happy with her.