main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books A/V Dooku: Jedi Lost, a stand-alone original audio drama

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Mar 27, 2019.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000

This is a really exciting experiment, and what a great choice of an untold story, too.

Cavan Scott, author (from wonderful Wild Space MG books!) with a full audio cast.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  2. sir PING1

sir PING1 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2014
    Fascinating, but I wonder is it a short story, novella, or novel?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Woo! Hopefully they'll get Nika Futterman for Asajj. Even a decent chance Qui-Gon could show up, and therefore Liam Neeson as well.

4. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    Please please be out in the UK !!

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, this sounds very, very interesting.
    That's the key Q - how is it to be available? It shouldn't be any harder than go to site, pay money, download MP3.

EDIT: No pre-order ability? That's a missed opportunity - if the price was right I'd have pre-bought this.

Vialco, Sinrebirth and mes520 like this.
  6. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    I really enjoy all the love Prequel era is getting lately.. age of republic comics, Padme's novel, this one, the one about Qui Gon, Clone Wars Saved :D

7. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Wow! I did not see that one coming. I hope they take notes from the ROTS novel regarding some of Dooku's backstory.

And a full cast? I wonder if that means there's some TCW actors/actresses involved.

Though this makes me wonder it's going to be very short. I hope not. I started Queen's Shadow on Saturday and I'm nearly finished with it. Though compared to my previous audiobook 8 hours is very short compared to 48 hours.

8. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    According to DarthInternous on Twitter, "We'll send out another tweet when the [preorder] link is available. Probably tomorrow" and "[Is it ready for preorder on Audible?] Soon." According to Del Rey, "Available wherever we normally sell audio books, so yes, Audible" (hopefully that includes Audible UK the same that it does Audible US?).

I'm excited for this! I've really enjoyed all of Cavan Scott's contributions to the SW universe that I've read so far.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh good, DI also left open the possibility that there could be a physical edition eventually, even if there's not specifically a plan to do so currently.

10. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    It looks cool.

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I would like a physical book...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Synopsis via Del Rey: "Want to learn more about what Asajj is working to uncover in STAR WARS DOOKU: JEDI LOST?"

[​IMG]

13. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    So yes, should have plenty of Qui-Gon. Probably no Thame Cerulian though.

Revanfan1 and Sinrebirth like this.
  14. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Corey Burton should be playing Dooku I hope.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000

Oooo ancient relics? I like the sound of that.

16. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    Like all our projects - they aren't available for pre-order the moment we announce them. Why? Because we have to keep them hidden so people don't leak them via an Amazon (or other retailer) page.

Preorder page will be up by Friday. Probably.

Revanfan1, Ghost, starfish and 7 others like this.
  17. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    This sounds amazing!!!

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Great, thanks.

Clearly I'm too used to Big Finish, who do pre-orders but all their stuff works on lower profile than SW! Their business model is different too - as they are a small company they use preorders to partly fund production.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. BeesInABar

BeesInABar Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2015
    I'm extremely excited about this. I enjoy Big Finish's Doctor Who audio dramas, so getting something similar in Star Wars is awesome. And for a Dooku backstory! So cool.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sinrebirth and Jedi Ben like this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Also this Funeral Moon sounds suspiciously like Kohlma. We know the moon of Bogden where he recruits Jango is just a kinda random moon, but one can't help but wonder given the fact that the synopsis bothered pointing this moon out if it's inspired by Kohlma and possibly the Bando Gora and/or Komari Vosa. Wouldn't be a perfect match, though we do know Cavan Scott does enjoy a good spooky story, given his work in Adventures.

21. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    FINALLY. Dooku has been so criminally underserved for ages.

22. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Sounds like he gets a love interest too from the description of things there.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Yess Finally We get a Dooku novel even if it's only audio. Love that we are getting a full cast with TWC actors/actress probaly. I hope like Qeen shadows we get full of TWC connections like of him and Sifo dyas, maybe how he manipulated him to create the clone army. I love to know his and Qui gon's relationship as master and apprentice. I also love his fascination with Sith relics form long past. Hope to know of with master Yoda aslo how their relations was.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Only audio?

25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    You're all April Fools.

I would have loved this before the reboot, though.