main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

1. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    It's actually more like 5". He'd be taller with the separately-packaged lightsaber blade, though.

[​IMG]

The figure is part of this series.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Found one here. Price is $29.99. It was added in 2016.

3. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    So he's been for sale for over 2 years and nobody's been interested yet? Wow. At least that answers my question! Thanks, LAJ!

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Either that or real hard to find via Google.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Hi. I'm not a regular to the Collecting forum, but at a market today I bought a bag of figures for ten bucks.

This is probably an easy thing for you folk to answer. Where are they from? A Game? Kinder Surprise?
    There are a good number of Rebels figures, but also some Prequel characters such as B1 droids, and OG characters such as Tusken Raiders.
    And lots and lots of Stormtroopers of various sorts.
    They are a fairly cheap, rubbery plastic. I had to twist a few of them to stand straight.

Anyway, a few photos...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Haven't seen those before. Maybe someone else here has. It's not the type of thing I'd collect. Given the multiples, I'd think a game of some kind.

GregMcP likes this.
  7. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Thanks anyway.
    I'm under no illusion that they're "collectable". I'm just curious as to what they are.

I might give a few of them a dab of paint.

Edit:
    Ah.
    So I don't have a Vader or Millenium falcon. :(
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  8. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Can anyone ID this bootleg-looking Han Solo? Just under 4" tall, articulates at the neck, shoulders and hips. Small head, wonky jacket, unbranded. Bought today at a car boot in the UK.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not a clue, but I have a bootleg Fett that looks a bit better than that.

10. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I got it in a bag of plastic toys dating from 1989-1996 or so, if that makes any difference. Any idea how legal it is to resell and what it might be worth?

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Tricky territory. Worth - probably not a lot.. Selling it - you're probably OK if you ID it as a bootleg in the listing. I wouldn't pass it off as genuine without proof. I checked my Fett - all it says is 'Made in China' on the bottom of one of the boots.

12. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    No marks anywhere on this. Whoever produced it didn't want to be traced!

I've been trawling through bootleg collections online, could it be a StarsWar figure? I'm looking at StarsWar Hans that look more like the classic 70s/80s narrow stance Han, but I think this might be a 90s knockoff judging by the look of genuine Han Solo figures of that era.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Doesn't look genuine to me but then I don't collect Han. What else was in the bag - any other SW-related figures?

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
  15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    V-2 likes this.
  16. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Good golly! That's him. The packaging suggests the PT or even TCW era! Good eye! Annoying that the packaging is cropped.
    Just one SW figure; a Micro Machines thing. Otherwise, lots of random tiny plastic 80s and 90s cheap toys. A few other bits that might look rare.

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    What I could see of the packaging looked a bit like what was used around AOTC time.

18. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    It's the same packaging as the red and white eyed Vader, and seems to have TCW Yoda and Anakin, as well as the AotC trooper. I cannot find an uncropped version of that image... TCW Movie was 2008, which seems way too recent, but that Yoda is certainly the same image used for the TCW movie poster.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  19. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    I understand that AFA no longer allows an Uncirculated designation for loose action figures. Does this also apply to coins? Thanks in advance.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Never really investigated AFA. Hopefully someone else will know.

21. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    Hello everyone! Hopefully this is the right place to ask about this — I didn’t see an autograph thread, but I’m assuming that counts as a collector’s item. Anyway, I’m interested in getting a legitimate Carrie Fisher autograph for a decent price. I bought Daisy Ridley and Mark Hamill autographs from Celebrity Ink Autographs at Celebration back in April, and their prices weren’t bad. They had a Carrie Fisher for $400 then, but I couldn’t justify spending that because I’d bought so much other stuff, and I haven’t seen them post any more Carrie autographs on their website. I don’t want to risk buying it if there’s a chance it’s not legit, which I know is probably hard to determine now that she’s passed away. But if anyone knows of any autograph vendors that are legitimate, that would be awesome. Thank you so much!

22. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    Idk about specific vendors, but Beckett Authentication Services (BAS) are legit if you come across that (most COA's are worthless). Honestly, with Carrie's signature, it's pretty easy to weed out obvious forgeries imo if you look at enough of her verified autographs (I collect her autographed books), but you have to watch out for autopens. If you use social media, one particular platform has a SW autograph group that is extremely helpful for identifying real vs. fake and will also let you know if a seller is a known forger.

Trev Elyt likes this.
  23. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    I am SO sorry — I saw this a few days ago and forgot to actually reply! But thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it! Most of the autographs I bought from Celebration were authenticated by Beckett, so I know they’re legit. This information is super helpful, though, thank you!

24. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Does anyone know if the Star Wars McDonald's toys are actually worth anything? I was clearing out my room, and found a few of the Clone Wars ones still in their sealed packets.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Best bet is to do a quick eBay search for recent closed auctions. If there are any that would give you a good idea.