main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    I think Kenobi remaining on Tatooine could work for six episodes; especially if there is an awesome idea behind the central plot of the story and also because a few other minor overall storyline particulars can be checked off along the way.

Those particulars would include;

The relationship strain that comes to exist between Owen Lars and Kenobi. What may start out as Lars being accepting of Kenobi watching over Luke can generate towards animosity over time.

Kenobi learning his "new training" given to him by Yoda and ending up with him having the Force Ghost of Qui Gon before him in his hut.

Kenobi learning to adapt to his self-imposed (watching over Luke) isolation. A few moments of great drama there.

Kenobi having a run-in with Krayt Dragon.

That's just a few minor things that we've been made aware of from the movies, so it would be great to see this fleshed out.

And all of this would serve parallel to a main storyline over the six episodes.

One idea would be that somehow the Sandpeople learnt the connection between the Skywalkers and the Lars and now see an opportunity to extract revenge in kidnapping our infant/young child in Luke. Kenobi will be required to rescue Luke and this leads to Lars thinking that Kenobi's presence around Luke is a massive risk to Luke's survival. Lars tells Kenobi to keep his distance and the differences in opinion leads to animosity.

And all of this can be achieved with Kenobi never leaving Tatooine and having no involvement by Maul in the plotline.

But I do agree with a few viewpoints in here in that six should be the maximum. So many TV series have been spoilt when a series goes on for a few seasons too long. TV shows off the top of my head that I have enjoyed include The X Files, Dexter and LOST have had their moments where the creators have produced sub standard storylines just to prolong the series. With a TV series, after 3 or 4 seasons, they start to lose their magic when things continue to remain unresolved.

And with a Star Wars TV show focusing on a single character in a specific location, rather than lose the magic after a few series, you start talking about episode numbers - and after about six episodes, I think the magic will wane.

The Mandalorian and the Cassian series will be different because both characters can have a variety of storyline quests in a variety of locations; thus go for longer in total episode numbers.

And who knows with the Kenobi series, maybe Kenobi could fall in love with a "Sandperson Woman" and spawn a child and then a grandchild. Because when we first see Rey, it is vaguely "Sandperson-like" in appearance.

My young Padawan likes this.
  2. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Another angle: The 6 episodes could be spread over a longer time period - touchstones in Kenobi's watching over the Lars/Luke.

Each episode could present a moral dilemma of sorts.

I mentioned elsewhere the series could end with Luke/Ben seeing the Tantive IV v Star Destroyer battle.

3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    6 episodes, each a distinct event across his entire life.

A little boy with a special talent.
    The Young Padawan.
    Adventures with Anakin.
    Escape from the Empire.
    Life on Tatooine.
    The old man and the farmer boy.

Something like that.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Darkslayer and DannyD like this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I like 8-10 episodes, myself (an hour or so each). Not sure where this 6 episode standard is coming from.

Master_Lok and black_saber like this.
  5. OGGUNGAN

OGGUNGAN Jedi Master

Dec 8, 2014
    Ever since the rumor of this project I've envisioned the antagonists being order 66 survivors who didn't see eye to eye with Obi and Yoda just laying low.

DarthHass, Bossk_Baby and Deliveranze like this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think there's more than enough potential in an Obi-Wan story where he doesn't have to leave Tatooine. The Star Wars comics established he was a thorn on Jabba's side and his criminal operations. Whole lotta that! Eventually he unleashes the lightsaber but they're expendable Jabba goons.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  7. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    Even going into town to buy groceries could be dangerous if he's recognised by a bounty hunter or Imperial sympathiser as Obi-wan Kenobi.

Bor Mullet and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Guess this really is happening. :eek: :obiwan: :ben:

[​IMG]

9. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Clever of Disney for setting up that April Fool's joke two months in advance.

Now bring on the Obi-Wan movie!

10. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Have the stuff with Krayt recanonlized. Have Kenobi find out that Vader survived, Go into his force ghost training with qui gon and his regret about Satine . Maybe have a cameo from Ahsoka . Have Kenobi become a sorta weird traveling deity to the sand people. Owen and Kenobi drama .

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  11. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It must be a Cheers style sitcom, set entirely in the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Obi walks in the door. "Hello There!"
    *Live studio audience whoops and applauds*

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    yeah, they already got Woody.

Baron_Papanerd and GregMcP like this.
  13. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Has this project been acknowledged anywhere as being in the works...?

14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think some people are trying to will it to happen crappy title and all, not that its actually official,lol.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I've acknowledged it. That counts, right?

16. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    As long as they can get someone capable of doing Bea Arthur's voice...

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That's the wrong image, though. The Anthology movie was cancelled. You need to use the Hello There: A Star Wars Disney+ Series image. :p

Baron_Papanerd and GregMcP like this.
  18. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Looke...Loooooke! Tell Un-call" :oops:

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol, that's not Bea Arthur.

cwustudent, Avnar, B3 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I was really hoping for a "Ewan McGregor Heading to Celebration" announcement so I could at least hold onto hope for a surprise announcement of this series.

[​IMG]

Baron_Papanerd and EHT like this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Well if they say he's coming then it wouldn't be much of a surprise, now would it? [face_chicken]

Merric and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    You're right about that!

[​IMG]

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Why are you getting his hopes up like that? :p

24. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Oops, damn it... *looks up Bea Arthur* I thought @B3 was talking about Lukes aunt Beru :D

I hope if this show ever comes to fruition they can use Darth Maul like they did in the Clone Wars/Rebels (which ever one he was in) I haven't watched them but did see the clip of Kenobi killing Maul (again) and would like to see that in live action!

I feel sorry for the character as I am sure with Solo they had a plan moving forward, it just didn't resonate with the general audience [face_dunno]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  25. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I liked it all except the ahsoka cameo. Nothing against her but maybe her journey can be fleshed out in her own story.

I actually loved the idea about the different stages of Obi wan’s life.