main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Celebration art show

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Feb 23, 2019.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    That's a much bigger complex than I realized after looking at the maps of it. Thanks for that reference point.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I’m wondering if that’s the full plan or just half of it. F1 & F2 connect and (if I remember right, I’m in London and all my map print outs are at home) combined are about the size that Orlando was.

If they’re only using F2 as show floor then F1 could be used for a queue hall and/or the the other stages. That would frees up the ballroom for a stage a well.

3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm sure that's just part of it. I'm sure the autograph area and other vendors are in F1.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  4. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Does anyone know if there'll be a chance to have your art portfolio get reviewed by Lucasfilm Ltd. / Topps / etc. officials at the art show floor? I've never participated in it before but heard there had been opportunities to do that at previous Celebrations. This year I finally want to do it.

5. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    No idea, sorry.

Maybe ask Dark Ink? They seem to be the ones handling the art show for the most part.

6. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    Does anyone know if artists will sign previous prints or work that you bring with you? For example, I believe Russell Walks worked on the SW: Propaganda book with Pablo Hidalgo, and I wonder if I bring it, will he sign it in the art show area?

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Dave Dorman was at the first London Celebration and he was happy to sign my SW: Art of Dave Dorman book. (Even drew a Fett for me).

8. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    @wookieebusiness I don't have a Facebook account that I comment with, but I have seen him comment and post in the Star Wars Celebration facebook group. You could ask him or have someone ask for you. I have seen @ChrisLyne comment in that group.

9. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I think the best thing would be to ask him directly via his website; http://russellwalks.com/contact

But if you want I'll try and contact him through the FB group.

10. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Please, try to bring your own poster tubes! the last couple Cele.s they were VERY scarce and ran out very fast for the few people who sold them. try to get the ones with straps attached to them. I know a dealer here who I was trying to encourage to advertise his poster tubes-lots of variety, but he woulsd not listen and missed out on making some good money. he still won't advertise his wares. but please, try to bring your own.

11. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I bought an expandable one but I saw one of the artists mention that he will have his own tube if you bought one from him and he doesn't recommend the expandable one because he has seen them damage posters. Too late now so hopefully not an issue since I don't plan to buy another one.

12. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    The ones I got are the colored clear plastic ones, I have one shaped like a lightsaber, TSA loved it! try to get the clear,one piece plastic tubes with straps.

JonSB likes this.
  13. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Ah **** I bought an expandable one too. Did he mention how they get damaged? From it collapsing I'm guessing?

14. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    He didn't say but that would be my guess also. I went back to try to find his post or comment but haven't been able to find it.

15. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Do an experiment with your collapsible tube, put a rolled up paper inside and put the tube through various conditions, see what the damage is if it collapses.

JonSB likes this.
  16. wookieebusiness

Mar 30, 2017
    Thanks! I'll try him through his website.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  17. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    I've used an expandable poster tube at the last 2 US Celebrations as well as multiple other cons and never had an issue with the tube itself. The only time a poster has been damaged was due to my own stupidity. If you jam it in it may catch on one of the nubs that lock the it to the length. If you are careful you won't have any issues. Also mine has never collapsed even when my son decide to beat his sister with it. It's amazing how any item can so quickly be turned into a light saber.

18. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Sounds like you need to buy a second one for your daughter...

groove790 and Fifi Kenobi like this.
  19. wookieebusiness

Mar 30, 2017
    Update: Russell Walks responded immediately and said he would be happy to sign something I brought from home.

ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  20. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Awesome! Thanks for letting us know :D

21. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Jason Palmer was not able to finish his print because of the mural Lucasfilm had him do for Celebration. Everyone who pre-ordered (we never actually paid) will get an email on Friday. They are trying to get permission from Lucasfilm to sell prints of the mural art at their booth during Celebration and they are also hoping to get to finish the original Celebration print after Celebration and mail it out to everyone who pre-ordered. But anyways, we should hear final word on all that Friday.

They will still have a booth at Celebration no matter what

credar and ChrisLyne like this.
  22. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Really hope they get permission for the mural prints!

credar and Padme501st like this.
  23. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I would much rather have the print that I had pre-ordered. The problem for me with a mail option is of course that it would end up a lot more expensive to have things shipped from the US, and I would have to pay customs and handlings fees. I'm not happy about this. :(

24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Since LFL are responsible for the delay it would be nice if they volunteered to cover the postage (guess not but would be a nice gesture on their part)

25. darthjason127

darthjason127 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    Mural prints would be awesome
    Understand the frustration for those that wanted the other one