main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Story Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 13, 2017.

1. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Leia's hologram could be the McGuffin. It would certainly fit the "Delightful/controversial" description that we've heard.

2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    So there's talk about a big marketplace scene in Ep. IX. What do you all think the good guys are doing there? Are they looking for a person or an object? Maybe both?

Jo Lucas and The-Clone-Wars like this.
  3. NOTJEDIMATERIAL

NOTJEDIMATERIAL Jedi Knight star 3

May 3, 2018
    They may not be quite sure at that point what they need as a market is a likely spot for a search

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope there's a guy in the marketplace that sells rope, lamp oil, and bombs. It's yours my friend, as long as you have enough credits.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  5. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    The doofy alien will probably be in the market place, right?

6. NOTJEDIMATERIAL

NOTJEDIMATERIAL Jedi Knight star 3

May 3, 2018
    Yep, and I just hope its good

7. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    This exposes quite a set of extreme possibilities. maybe snoke....is also yoda...or kenobi...somone good as well...that way he can push towards the light and pull to the darkness as he/she sees fit.

8. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I’m not ruling out the possibility that Luke does have a kid but it’s not Rey. Can’t say I’m hugely into this idea but I could see it happening.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  9. K-2S0

K-2S0 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2019
    I hope the marketplace scene is more than just eye candy.

10. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Same here but I’m not holding my breath. Every time I hear the Making Star Wars guys talk excitedly about how big the fish market is I find myself thinking, “why does it matter how big it is? Isn’t it just going to be a walk and talk scene? The size of market won’t make that especially exciting.”

11. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    If its this huge set as they say, I would imagine some major action has to take place here besides just walk and talk. Maybe we get a little city/market battle.

12. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Or maybe it’ll be so big that nobody will notice when Rey and Kylo sneak away to make whoopee.

13. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    Isn't the large market place Batuu? I thought the implication was that JJ was probably instructed to include a big area in the film that would be analogous to the one at the theme park

14. SKYGUY23

SKYGUY23 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2014
    I don't think that true

15. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Costco advertisement placement. This is the controversial MacGuffun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I wondered that myself. It fits the description perfectly. I thought that instead of playing a role at all in the film, she would have her moment in the sun with an inspirational speech via hologram at her funeral ceremony in the first act of the movie. But an inspirational, holographic message to all the Galaxy would be vital and could be a charming way to appease the fans who expect an important if not major involvement in the third installment.

17. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I won't be surprised if by the end of Ep. IX Kylo wants to burn it all down and he comes close to doing so. He'll activate something that will start destroying both the FO and Resistance but then something will pull him back to the light side and he'll stop the thing that's destroying the galaxy.

18. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I hope that we get a nice story that's adventurous and fun; not bleak and oppressive.

The-Clone-Wars likes this.
  19. Marsekay

Marsekay Jedi Master star 1

Oct 2, 2005
    So something like they are looking for the recording of Leia (hidden in 3p0's memory as R2 was elsewhere when she recorded it) that tells Rey that she IS her hidden daughter and must try to save her Brother from the dark side?
    kinda answers the 3po memory AND the parentage theory AND kylos redemption arc all in one hit.
    play that little recording at the start of act 3 in front of the big evil and watch everyone lose their minds!

20. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    I'm oh so down with Rey Solo still, though afraid to think about it too much after TLJ. It would be amazing if Carrie filmed exposition with her that got cut out, and allegedly Leia knowing Rey's backstory *might* have been an early plot point that got discarded.
    As far as the broadcast plot point, it could be related to how no one answered their distress signal on Crait.

21. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    JJ seems to be taking us in an interesting and weird direction with some new evolution of Force powers. We're getting these rumors of this teleportation sequence where Rey and Kylo port around to various locations as they fight.

I think this is what the title refers to -- this "Skywalker" power of teleportation, and it seems like the ultimate way for Rey to destroy the First Order.

Imagine the power of someone who can just port in to your headquarters like Nightcrawler but who also possesses a whole host of Jedi abilities.

I think this will be the final conflict between Rey and Kylo, but I wonder how Palpatine fits into it? Is this power the only way to finally defeat Palpatine? If so, how?

22. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Bet Luke could have benefited from that. He did it old skool and had to die on a rock.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  23. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    Based on the images we have seen I'm not a fan tbh. My 8 year old so will love him but I'm hoping his part is very minimal

24. vaderfandan

vaderfandan Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2004
    Here's my idea. It addresses one of the most controversial aspects of the ST so far. I use elements from all 3 trilogies and tie them together.
    Any feedback is appreciated! (If this is the wrong thread for this, please let me know!)

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  25. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    Looks like they go there in act 2 or at the very end of act 1. They might be looking for Kylo himself. Maybe it's where he reforges his helmet