main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Resistance Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Can't wait! I'm surprised we're getting a sneak peak for season 2 already but I'm not complaining

TadoFett and teamhansolo like this.
  2. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014

Looking forward to it.

teamhansolo likes this.
  3. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    So, what are your hopes for season 2? Mine are:

-I personally would rather they break tradition and actually NOT kill Yeager or Doza off (well, maybe Doza). I don't want Leia killed off, either. I kind of want Yeager and Leia to meet and help each other with their tragic pasts and loss of their families and eventually fall in love.
    -I want Kaz to have a mini-adventure with either Rey and/or Finn.
    -I want Kaz to meet Hux and either beat him close to death or actually kill him (although, I know the first option would be out of character unless he's an angry drunk. lol)
    -I want Leia to talk to Kaz about her experience with Alderaan and for her to become a mother figure to him
    -I want Tam to see the error of her ways and redeem herself (but NOT after killing one of her friends)
    -Speaking of Tam, I want her to meet Kylo Ren. They both joined the First Order because they felt betrayed. They could bond over that.
    -I want characters from both Clone Wars and Rebels to appear (Don't really care much for Thrawn and Hondo, though)
    -I want Synara to defect from the pirates and join the Resistance

teamhansolo likes this.
  4. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    1. For Doza and Yeager have more backstory. I wanna see there time in the empire and rebellion respectively to be touched on again .
    2. For the Tehar kids to tell Kaz about the massacre of their people and to see it happen . Confirm that Rey's force back of the knights and kylo was the same place .
    3. For them to set up the potential for Elia to be Rey's Apprentice .
    4. for Synara and Kaz to confirm their relationship like for Synara to have feelings for him .
    5. Tam meeting Supreme leader Ren or Hux
    6. Tam to become the new Red Baron of the FO
    7. For Kaz to meet Finn and Rey .

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    teamhansolo likes this.
  5. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    1. Doza's history and politics. I think that's the most interesting unturned stone of season 1.
    2. Some sense of scale of the FO through the eyes of Tam.
    3. Some sense of what civilian life in FO territory looks like; the social structure, distribution of wealth, etc. What's in it for the people? How long has it been like this? Did they transition from Galactic Empire to FO, or GE to NR to FO, or what?
    4. Some sense of what life in the New Republic actually looks like...
    5. Some Resistance groups doing some actual resisting.
    6. Who's in charge? All the formerly minor characters need to establish where they stand, what they're going to do, who is staying, who is going, and who answers to who. With all the different power structures in friction all of a sudden, things could get interesting.

teamhansolo likes this.
  6. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Love it all except please no clone wars or rebels characters. Resistance can stand on its own

7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Except maybe Hondo. Hondo is immortal.

Vizzy91, KevinM1, podjazd and 3 others like this.
  8. Merric

Jan 26, 2013
    I actually think characters like Hera or Jacen, or as previously said, Hondo, would be great additions to the show without taking it away from the Resistance characters. Even if they only come in for one or two episodes.The problem with Rebels was that, I feel, it tried too had to continue Clone Wars story arcs and so Ahsoka and Maul stole the show. That wouldn't be an issue here

podjazd, cwustudent and teamhansolo like this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    wont enter the discussion but will read thoughts and listen. Has seen all season one.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Hera or Jacen, sure; but Hondo would just add to the comic relief that is already taken up by Neeku. I think he'd be unnecessary.

11. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Grakkus the Hutt perhaps?

12. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I'm excited for the Panel tomorrow at 2:30 edt. They must have some great stuff to share since they're following up TCW and The Mandalorian.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  13. Merric

Jan 26, 2013
    Bobby Moynihan at SW Celebration: "What I can tell you about season 2 is that Flix and Orka are probably still trapped in that box. Happily living in a container together. They love each other with all their hearts."
    Thanks, Bobby. That's all I needed to hear.

14. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    The cast is so much fun to watch in the panel.

Bor Mullet and Merric like this.
  15. Merric

Jan 26, 2013
    And of course they cut off right when they start talking about season 2. You'd that that they would at least give a warning after everybody was disappointed about the mandalorian panel being cut off.

Also it looks like they're handing out posters for season 2 for the attendees at the panel! It looks like everybody who suspected Jace of being the First Order spy are right. I assume that's Jace at the bottom right, anyway.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  16. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    They cut off the sneak preview trailer...[face_bleh]

17. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Weird that they didn't stream the trailer.

I understand with The Mandalorian trailer not all of the CGI was finished, but with the Resistance trailer?

18. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    A shame that they didn't even show the trailer, but it will probably turn up soon. The poster looks awesome. I really like the contrast with the Colossus in the middle.
    I'm excited to see Tam, Tierny and Pyre show up again. Maybe they'll be tasked with tracking down the Colossus during and after TFA/TLJ.

19. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    ah, the Notre Dame fire sadly stole my attention this afternoon. I'll have to catch the VOD of the stream.

20. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    I wonder if they're gonna leak the season 2 premiere on YouTube.

21. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    I get the feeling I was the only one of us in the panel...they didn't drop a trailer, they dropped the complete first episode of season 2, start to finish. Probably why they cut off the people watching at home. :)

Non-spoiler impressions are that I think the graphics look, in some ways, even better than they did in the first season even though the overall style in the same. The whole episode is making me really look forward to the fall because I really need to know what's going to happen next after the end of it.

I don't know how much more I can say without needing a spoiler tag...so...

The episode does pretty much pick up with them still in hyperspace and everyone begins to come together to keep the ship from falling apart while en route. I'm not sure if I was just not paying close enough attention but in the darkness of both space and hyperspace alot of the control panels and readouts look a lot more brilliantly lit. We get to see the ships command deck where Captain Doza is working with Yeager to make sure the ship doesn't fall apart. It's a really great set piece and I hope it becomes the center of operations and scenes as the season goes on.

Artificial gravity keeps failing and long range communications are out so when they come out of hypersace about 3 parsecs away from the resistance base they can't even tell them they're there. Presuming of course that the base is still there. It's not clear where we're at in relation to the films rolling over from ep 7 to ep 8.

Things get complicated when that First Order ball droid that CB-23 presumably wasted in the finale is still hanging around, trying to get a message out to the first order about where the ship is, and wreaks havoc trying to do so. We get some droid fighting while Kaz, Tora, and Neeko are working to help repair the ship. Kaz, for his part is apparently even clumsier in zero-g but Tora seems right at home in it. And apparently, during the periods of zero-g the ships bar patreons a

Tam...well, for the moment, Tam seems resolute in her determination to make good on her desire to join the first order, re affirming her belief that The First Order is a good organization there to bring order to the galaxy...the last shot of the episode is her resolutely donning her First Order Flight Suit.

No premiere date was given that I heard, but overall I thought it was a great episode and I'm really looking forward to the fall whenever it starts up again.

22. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Official season 2 poster.

[​IMG]

23. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I was at the panel on Monday to see episode 1 of season 2. I won't say anything other than it picks up right where season 1 leaves off. Only minutes later.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I caught the panel too. The Season 2 premiere carries some of the momentum that Season 1 built to, so it's good that they're not taking a drastic breather yet.

The mini poster is cool too- but it's double sided. The poster embedded above is awesome, but the back is fun too (and is in no way a spoiler so I'm not tagging it):

[​IMG]

Here's video of Bobby Moynihan running down the aisle next to me (Donald was doing the same down the far aisle beyond my view):

25. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I could see Hera/Chopper/Jacen making a come back for the next season. I wonder if his personality would be closer to his mother's or his father's.

teamhansolo likes this.