main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Pre-Star Wars Celebration Movie Marathon

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by My young Padawan, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It's the same for me. For a lot of different reasons I ended up having seen AOTC more than 10 times in the cinema. I really like it, and I put it higher than ANH when I rank the SW films. It was also the film that made me discover the costuming communities and that it was a thing to actually try and recreate all the gorgeous costumes. A lot of my favorite costumes are from AOTC

Skickat från min SM-A520F via Tapatalk

Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  2. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Beginning Friday, I'll be getting reaquainted with all of the SW films. Energy booster!

Costumes I've had made were graded as "canon" by SW Legions. I am so anal, I'll
    freeze frame a sigment of the film I'm watching and enlarge it to a point where I can see
    the thread count. Then, give micron details on how I want it created by my designer. Sewing
    is something I can not master and I appreciate those who can. Yes, I'm a tad bit envious.
    I enjoy making props which is my passion and every detail most be true to the character.
    Mary Franklin even commented on one of my pieces and taken a pic. I was floored.

Padme501st likes this.
  3. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I've always enjoyed AOTC and didn't quite get the hate. Yeah some of the lines are terribly cheesy but it's not like the other films don't have that either.

Darkslayer and credar like this.
  4. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Agreed. And I really enjoy Detective Kenobi and all of the events on Geonosis as well.

Darkslayer and Padme501st like this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I did quite a few showings of AOTC as well (mostly for Jango and Slave I). At one showing I was the only one there - was great!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  6. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    ROTS is undoubtedly my favorite Star Wars movie of the PT. It is clear proof that George Lucas was capable after all. The pacing is great, and it is not accomplished at the expense of the message. Qui-Gon was right all along. It is unfortunate that Yoda did not pay attention to him sooner. I never understood the hatred that some people have for the PT.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  7. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    ROTS is the shining star of the prequels and the Anakin vs Obiwan fight is my favorite lightsaber sequence in the series.

You know I was thinking, if Qui Gon hadn’t died I’m not sure Anakin would have turned to the dark side.

8. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    That would have made an awesome Infinities comic back in the day.

And yeah, ROTS is easily the best prequel. I actually prefer it to some of the OT as well.

9. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    That may be true. Obi-Wan never completed his training. He was abandoned by Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon did, however, leave a lasting bit of wisdom with him that I am sure he continued to teach to Obi-Wan in later years. Recall Obi-Wan’s final words to Anakin when he left him for dead. “I loved you.” Hopefully Claudia Gray will give us more insight.

Padme501st likes this.
  10. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    My thing is, I could never stand how the Jedi council treated Anakin. Like Yoda is hit or miss but others, especially Mace, didn't even bother hiding their utter disdain for Anakin at all time. And while I feel Obi-Wan definitely loved Anakin and cared for him, I do believe at the beginning he felt resentment towards him because Qui-Gon was so willing to take Anakin as his padawan and cast Obi-Wan aside because the council wouldn't let Anakin be trained. I don't fault Obi-Wan for that at all. But I'm sure that created a rift at a very important time in their relationship.

I just feel like Qui-Gon would have been able to show Anakin proper support while giving him constructive criticism when it came to the council, his mother, Padme etc and Anakin wouldn't have needed to find that "support" from Palpatine. You can tell in TPM he felt comfortable enough to confide in Qui-Gon in a way he never confided in Obi-Wan later on.

Granted that would mean Palpatine would have just figured out another way to kill Qui-Gon to get him out of the way

My young Padawan and ChrisLyne like this.
  11. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    SOLO is such a great movie. I do not understand why Disney used it as an excuse to cancel so many development plans. I completely understand why many Star Wars fans do not consider it to be one of their favorites. After all, there are no lightsabers in the movie. Regardless, the movie has great acting and a great story. It enhanced the character of Han Solo more than I could ever have imagined. Alden Ehrenreich was asked to accomplish what may very well be the most difficult task ever asked of an actor. To portray a younger version of one of the most popular characters, portrayed by one of the most popular actors, in Hollywood history. I believe that he succeeded. I also like seeing the Empire at its peak of power. The color schemes clearly intend to portray a very gloomy mood. I noticed that more than ever since I just finished watching the PT. It saddens me that we are unlikely to see another SWS in the near future. This evening I plan to watch my favorite of the two.

Padme501st likes this.
  12. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I loved Solo and just like Rogue One it was a perfect example of a small story taking place in a big galaxy and I would have loved more of them. I think Ehrenreich did a good enough job as Han Solo. For me who loved Solo's backstory in the old Legengs canon, it fit very well with Han's characterisation there and all the shoutouts to legends facts made me giggle quite a lot when I saw it the first time.

My young Padawan and Padme501st like this.
  13. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I really wished they had continued on the story but from another person’s perspective considering they leave it open to more stories to come. I enjoyed Solo a lot, kinda reminds me of some CW episodes where the focus is other people and their lives and less on the main Jedi/Clone vs Separatist story even if one of the main characters show up at some point and interacts.

My young Padawan likes this.
  14. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, I really enjoyed it as well. I don't think Solo itself needs a sequel, but I really want to see something (movie, series, anything) that continues the Crimson Dawn/Maul/Qi'ra storyline.

It's too bad it looks like they won't be continuing the SWS movies for the time being, but if they really are moving those ideas to live action series (like the Obi-Wan rumour) then I guess I'll be happy with that. Based on Vader Immortal being called "A Star Wars VR Series", I'm guessing the streaming series may well be called "A Star Wars Series" so the brand will kind of live on even if it's not on the big screen.

My young Padawan and Padme501st like this.
  15. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I loved Solo as well. I enjoyed both the SWS films better than the ST so far, even though I've enjoyed those as well. I'm really bummed we won't be getting more of them, but at the same time if it means we'll get several 8 episode series a year instead... I'll make the trade. I would love a series each for Lando, more Han, Qi'ra/Maul, Enfys, etc.

Padme501st and My young Padawan like this.
  16. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    I consider R1 to be one of the best of the Star Wars movies. I place it just below ESB and ANH on my list. I consider it to be the best acted and best crafted of all of the Star Wars movies. Felicity was incredible in the Galen Erso hologram scene. Cassian Andor is such a complicated character. I look forward to seeing more of his story told. My friend and I discussed how interesting it would be to compare his character to Han Solo in a character study. And, of course, there is that Darth Vader scene at the end. Amazing. :vader:

17. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I agree with your RO post and will add that for me, the entire 3rd act is the best out of all the SW movies. The only reason I place ANH and ESB ahead is because their 1st and 2nd acts are much stronger imo.

18. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I couldn't agree more.

Dayman76 likes this.
  19. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    “I would trust her with my life.”

20. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    And then he dies like two days later and she seems to get over it rather quickly.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  21. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I always want to scream to Bail that he shouldn't go home, on the other hand at least I assume he and Breha dies together and with the faith that their adoptive daughter wil fix everything.

Padme501st likes this.
  22. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I put the OT first because they came on during trying times in my life and encouraged me through those times, After thinking long and hard, RO fits pretty well in the story line because we really did'n't know too much about that time period. But, I guess the Empire took the Death Star plans from the Geonosians and had their enslaved engineers made to look like they invented it. Did I get that right? No. you don't see Jedi Knights but here about the Force. you see human beings and aliens fighting together in a realistic, bloody, non Force situation. something that we could associate in our real world, and the heroes passing away,but with hope! I hope that made sense.

23. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    ANH is my favorite movie of all time. ESB is my favorite Star Wars movie. Does that make sense? Watching ANH again, there is nothing that compares to it. I remember wearing out that double vinyl album, while playing with my Kenner action figures, before the days of VHS, as if it were yesterday. I also prefer the Special Edition footage to the unaltered version. The Battle of Yavin is very much improved.

Gamma626 likes this.
  24. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    My movie marathon has begun! Watched TPM and half of AotC today. I really love these movies. They're super flawed and all, but I enjoy them all the same. My mom was blown away by how much of TPM I could recite line-by-line as the movie was happening. And now I have that damn soundtrack stuck in my head. Specifically the song in the last scene, as everyone is celebrating.

My young Padawan likes this.
  25. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    ESB is my favorite Star Wars movie. It is a masterpiece. Brilliant dialogue and brilliant images contribute to this. It is the only Star Wars movie that I did not see in a theater when it was first released. I saw it for the first time on VHS in 1996. It is also fun to watch the relationship between Han and Lando in ESB after the release of SOLO. These movies have never been better. The Special Edition footage is great. I look forward to completing the OT when I watch ROTJ this evening.

MotivateR5D4, Gamma626 and Padme501st like this.