main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Asajj Ventress in the Clone Wars discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    One of their biggest mistakes was killing off fan favorite characters often so stupidly and close together. I think they are leaning it the hard way and part of the reason why they keep bring them back. They did that too much, axing characters just cause they weren't around in so and so movie or they didnt know what to do with them.

kalzeth likes this.
  2. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    Indeed. They added story points that probably would have never been considered in the original. The Dark Disciple novel is a lie.

kalzeth likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    What do you mean it's a "lie"? It's as canon as any other novel that's been released in the past decade or so.

4. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    More like six years. @Jesta' s meaning of "lie" is explained in @Alexrd 's post.

Sudooku likes this.
  5. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I wonder if she shows up in the new episodes of Clone Wars.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Well, it's a Dooku book, it's literally titled after him, so...
    He did?

cwustudent likes this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So chances are I may wind up waiting until it's available to borrow at my local library.

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes. And Sidious took advantage of his disillusionment with the Republic.

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well in AOTC the Jedi believed he left cause he was a political idealist and some Jedi leaving the Order was not unheard of just rare. But as a former Jedi, they believed he could not harm anybody. Kenobi seemed the only one who did not really care for Dooku pretty much soon as he met him on camera, situation aside. Kenobi felt strongly that Jinn would never align himself with someone like Dooku. So I think Jinn must have confided in Kenobi about his former master some deal of negatively that the Council really did not have about him.

But this new book is promising as a possible fill in the gap.

10. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Where is the proof of that? I'm not trying to be an a-hole, but Ki-Adi-Mundi says Dooku is a political idealist, but he had no knowledge of Dooku's fall to the dark side when he made that statement. I could totally see why you got that impression, but I don't see how it's rooted in G-level canon.
    You dislike the Count?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    cwustudent likes this.
  11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    You misunderstand. The fall came out of his political disillusionment. It's what Sidious took advantage of in order to turn Dooku to the Sith. He basically promised him power, a new form of government that would fix the flaws of the Republic. In other words, the Empire. Dooku didn't fall and then became disillusioned with the Republic (and by extension, the Jedi). It was the other way around.

"He left because he lost faith in the Republic. He believed that politics were corrupt, and he felt the Jedi betrayed themselves by serving the politicians. He always had very high expectations of government." - Jocasta Nu, Attack of the Clones script

12. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Is Jocasta really a reliable narrator here?

cwustudent likes this.
  13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    If she wasn't reliable, we would have been provided with a counter viewpoint to what she was saying. We didn't. In fact, Dooku himself corroborates what she said on the deleted scenes as well.

Darkslayer likes this.
  14. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Ah OK. Thanks for the explanation.

Alexrd likes this.
  15. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Loved her in TCW...and loved that she was not a 2 dimensional "I am evil for the sake of evil" villain. I loved that she was walking away form her past with Dooku and was doing her own thing and saw this as an opportunity to portray her as more of a Gray Jedi. Not someone part of the Order...but re-embracing her training from Ky Narec. Unfortunately they killed her off in Dark Disciple. I would have preferred they keep her alive and beneath the notice of Sheev or Vader. She is just out there doing her thing and bouncing around the Outer Rim until after RoTJ.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    In a perfect world

She would've survived - albeit under wraps - through the OT era and into the ST one. It was a very anticlimactic ending for her in Dark Disciple. Just like Ahsoka, she had an interesting history with many of the primary characters. Many people are getting all giddy over the notion that there could be a live action series of Maul on D+ in the not-too-distant future. It's not enough he had the cameo on Solo and was featured in a handful of episodes of Rebels. If there was ever a promise of a new series featuring Ventress on D+, that would excite me far more than a new Maul or even Obi-Wan series would. It would approach TCW Season 7 level for me.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Jedi Knight Fett and Chris0013 like this.
  17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Something that came up between @anakinfansince1983 and me in a short derail in a ST thread - when did Ventress start turning away from the Dark Side? Was it on Dathomir after Talzin left her? Was it during Bounty? Was it offscreen between season 4 and 5? (Ventress seems somewhat less Dark Side in her dealings with Ahsoka in season 5). Or during Dark Disciple?

I place at least one step in the process, being in Bounty, personally.

Sudooku likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My take was sometime in season 5, although I agree with @Iron_lord that a seed was probably planted at the end of Bounty (in a scene that I didn’t recognize so much as “good feels good” as “let’s humiliate Boba Fett”), but the real turn was in realizing that Talzin used her.

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    At no point in the novel does she wisen up to the fact that she was manipulated by Talzin too. It's too bad she never encountered Maul or Savage again, as that could've led to some much-needed revelations about the schemes she was caught up in.

I also never really understood the "once I was just like you, but I'm not that person anymore" speech she gives at the end of Bounty. In Dark Disciple she's more than willing to hand Moregi over despite the fact he was trying to help his family, which contrasts with how she handled Ahsoka and Pluma--and she seems to regret her weakness regarding the latter, considering such compassion a liability in her line of work. I don't get why you'd have a character resolve to change their ways to a group of ruthless bounty hunters if you're just going to have them... become a ruthless bounty hunter.

Also, while we're on the topic of TCW and missed storytelling potential--did Obi-Wan keep it a secret that she helped him fend off Maul and Savage? Ahsoka working with Ventress is treated as some sort of damning thing even though there's a precedent for it. This is never brought up in the fugitive arc, not even in the many deleted scenes. I'm not sure if the partnership was even mentioned in Dark Disciple for that matter.

20. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    I guess Obi-Wan told the temple about her help in "Revenge", not only because it was Yoda who foretold him that there will be an unexpected ally at Raydonia.

Iron_lord likes this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I had just rewatched the Nightsisters arc and was wondering something. Had it always been Dooku's master plan, with Ventress, to overtake Sidious as the ultimate Sith lord? It becomes apparent, when Dooku sees how powerful Savage is, he has that plan to take over the Galaxy.

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes although it’s much more obvious with Savage as he literally says it to him. He got rid of Ventress because Sidious knew that Dooku was training her to be Sith at that point. Hence why when Savage went on the scene Savage left no witnesses Separatist or otherwise.

Sudooku and Iron_lord like this.
  23. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Cloak of Darkness makes it pretty clear what's up.

"There's no room for failure this time, child." He then lowers his voice: "You must prove yourself worthy of being my apprentice."

Every Sith apprentice hopes to gain enough power to overthrow their master. That's the whole point of the Rule of Two.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s Legends right? Not from TCW? Doesn’t matter since I 100% think Dooku wanted to have Sidious 6 feet under

25. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Cloak of Darkness is a Season 1 episode. You might be thinking of the Cloak of Deception novel.