main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Star Wars Celebration 2019 Hotels

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , May 16, 2018.

1. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    I haven't had any notification from OnPeak but have just checked my reservation for Marriott Marquis on OnPeak and it says "This hotel is cut off and reservations can no longer be edited." I've also checked my credit card I've used for the reservation and still no charges have been made.

I used OnPeak for London and was staying in the Doubletree. I can't remember if I was charged before hand or whether it was on check in or check out - I just remember I didn't have any problems with the reservation via OnPeak then.

2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Guess that means the booking has now been transferred to the Marriott.

3. Temp77

Mar 22, 2019
    Seeing this prompted me to check my Marriott account as I'd entered my Marriott reward account number on my OnPeak reservation and sure enough the reservation is now showing on my Marriott account confirming the 5 nights I had booked via On Peak and the Star Wars Celebration rate of $179 per night. It also says I have a lake view on a high floor!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  4. darthjason127

darthjason127 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    sweet thanks for the update where did you go to enter your Marriott reward number?

5. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Is your Marriott reference number the same as your OnPeake? I didn't have my Marriott account set up when I did my initial booking and want to link them now.

darthjason127 likes this.
  6. Temp77

Mar 22, 2019
    I can't access the part of the reservation now where I entered the Marriott reward number. I had to switch the credit card I'd originally used for the booking a few months ago and I'd noticed at the same time there was an option to add reward numbers. If I remember correctly there was a little envelope icon that I clicked on which opened up options like changing credit card and adding reward number.

My On Peak email confirmation only has the On Peak group ID listed on it. The confirmation number showing on my Marriott account has a different number not showing anywhere on my On Peak account or confirmation email.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  7. darthjason127

darthjason127 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    I just called Marriott Marque
    They can add your points to your room and then when you log into your Marriott account the reservation will be there (win)

ChrisLyne likes this.
  8. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Thanks both, I'll contact them tomorrow.

9. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I was just charged my first night.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  10. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    So I called the Hyatt Regency McCormick cause I was going to see about changing the room type (we have 3 people in it) and come to find out they had increased our room rate from $311 to $354 a night and didn’t tell me. Like I had even just pulled the reservation online before I called and it still said the old amount and on the phone, first thing out of her mouth is “are you aware there’s a note on the account saying there has been a room rate increase?”

The room I changed to is the same rate as what the old one changed to so it’s whatever but still, that would have been a nice surprise next Wednesday

EnviousSerious-Rue likes this.
  11. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    That's really bad of them.

12. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I've heard/experienced the exact same thing from other major hotels prior to con events.
    "Oops! We've had a 7% increase. Sorry for the inconvenience."
    Yeah. Right.

13. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Soooo... Called the marriot to discuss my reservation. I don't have one, but the operator felt inclined to tell me Rian Johnson is checking in for the Star Wars convention on the 11th. That was... Super weird.

Thankfully my Hyatt reservation is all good to go!

darthvader88 likes this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I foresee a few Johnson fans hanging out in the Marriot bar if they have nothing better to do.

15. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Even if it's not THAT Rian Johnson, that was such an incredible breach of security. That was entirely unprompted by me, it's not like I asked for anyone else other than myself. I don't even want to know that, it feels scummy.

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, that was. Did you mention Celebration when you phoned?

17. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    No one needs to know that. That is a breach of security

18. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I did, I mentioned I made a reservation with the celebration block but it was no long showing on onpeak. It did indeed cancel itself.

19. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    My hotel roommate who was supposed to arrive on Friday has to cancel Celebration cause of work. It sucks, she isn't happy, but probably getting a permanent job in academia out of it, so there.
    This means I have an open slot for a roommate at Hyatt Regency, from 11-16th! It's incredibly late and my hopes are low, but if you know of a decent person that wants to upgrade to Hyatt or still needs a place and is willing to split the costs, please let me know.

Wow, they should not have disclosed that.

20. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    So for those of you that have checked on already to your hotel, how was it? Easy?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

21. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Pretty easy. Took a little longer than normal as they had to connect 3 reservations but all went fine

darthvader88 likes this.
  22. Ms_Elizabeth_Darthee

Ms_Elizabeth_Darthee Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2019
    I won't physically arrive at the hotel until Thursday but I was able to check in today via the hotel's rewards app. I took a screenshot just in case I have issues. I booked via onPeak and had to call the hotel for my actual reservation number so that I could check in via their rewards app.

darthvader88 likes this.
  23. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Did they charge your card?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

24. Ms_Elizabeth_Darthee

Ms_Elizabeth_Darthee Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2019
    I just called my card a couple minutes ago and there is No charge from the hotel since I checked in early this morning. I also checked my past statements and so far the hotel has not charged me since I booked in February.

25. Trikuza23

Trikuza23 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2015
    im staying at the marriot, and planned on spending a considerable time at the bar, regardless lol