main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

anything you see in person or on youtube, you want to collect, from Celebration Chicago

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by cathiecat, Apr 13, 2019.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Do we have a thread for anything we see or hear about from Celebration Chicago that does not already have a designated thread. I just saw this advertised and had never heard of it before.

Star Wars Icons: Han Solo
    Book by Gina McIntyre

I have never wanted to collect any Han Solo stuff, but this book... I gotta have it!! Looks wonderful!!

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Love that book!! I got it for Christmas.

cathiecat and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  3. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    They are doing throws and cups of the Jason Palmer mural (at least the OT portion). I might try to get those.

cathiecat likes this.
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, we can use this as a catch-all thread for Celebration if you want.

cathiecat likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Same here!!!

cathiecat likes this.
  6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I got back from Celebration Saturday night. It was crazy.

From a collecting standpoint there were the usual gripes about lotteries and lines. Funko seemed to be the hottest ticket. The lines were crazy, and the con-exclusive blue Pops were literally being flipped by nearby vendors for nearly $100. But for those w/the golden ticket there seemed to be plenty of product on hand. My friends each had the Hasbro ticket and were in and out in a couple of minutes. Those Kenobi and Maul Black Series figs are being flipped on eBay for over a $100 apiece @ the moment.

For the most part the autograph lines were well organized and ran smoothly; @ least in my experience. It wasn't first come, first served, but an advanced ticket process w/a time you were to be there to be queued up.

The majority of the new Hasbro stuff I saw personally were Comic-Con exclusives. Kinda neat. Especially the Black Series Boba Fett painted in the style of the old Kenner figure.

The most frustrating thing for anyone looking for Celebration clothing swag were the lines for the Celebration merch. We checked several times over the course of two days and the lines were never less than a 2hr. wait just to get in.

There were a TON of independent vendors there, selling everything from vintage collectibles to modern. Art, costumes, autographs. If it was Star Wars related, someone was selling it.

I didn't hit any of the collecting panels, and I took precious few pics (my friends took over 400 combined, so I just let them zap their batteries and I'll jhave them send me their pics later) but a chunk of what I shot is on my Instagram feed if interested.

Overall it was a fun experience. The crowds were just insanely large, but I never experienced or witnessed one single bit of drama. For the most part people were there to have a good time enjoying something they loved. The city was great as well. First time in Chicago, but won't be my last.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Jedi Knight88 and Juke Skywalker like this.
  8. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Crap - whenever I get to Disney-Galaxy's Edge - I'm going to need sooo much money - look at those Leia/Queen Amidala Tiles/busts! I want my own interactive droid and a talking salacious crumb!

11. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I know the feeling.

cathiecat and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  12. Horror_Express

Horror_Express Jedi Master star 1

Apr 19, 2002
    The Kowakian monkey-lizard plush reminds me of the Fuzzball plush my mom bought me on my first visit to EPCOT Center. Fuzzball was a character from Captain EO.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I wanted to get one of those.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  15. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Those and the lightsabers, holocrons, the Bantha, tauntaun, wampa plush, Leia's necklace!!

16. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I just want all the Ahsoka stuff.

17. Horror_Express

Apr 19, 2002
    Do you have a significant Ahsoka collection so far?

18. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I'm really digging the t shirts this year. The PT related ones (Windu city and Sebulba's hot dugs) and the badge art ones of Vader and Maul.

19. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I don't actually! All I have is the Black Series six inch figure, two funko pops, the pin from this celebration, and an autograph. I have had my collection focused on "all of Star Wars" rather than on specific characters, so I have a little of everything. Might a actually start narrowing that down for a couple years now and focus on some of my favorite characters.

Horror_Express likes this.
  20. Horror_Express

Apr 19, 2002
    I really like Ahsoka. I always have. I thought for sure she would die before TCW ended, and her passing would add to the growing disillusionment Anakin had with the Jedi. Then I thought, surely Vader will kill her when they met in Rebels. Now that it’s been confirmed that she lives beyond the Battle of Endor, I think that she will probably be the character eventually shown to first tell Luke about the prequel era, especially about his mother. Not how I would have written it, haha. I think she has survived way too long, but I understand why they keep her around. I hope it hasn’t primarily been a business decision, though.

I downsized my collection long ago. I mainly focus on home video, making-of books, and Boba Fett.

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I love the lightsaber customization!!!!

whostheBossk likes this.