main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Celebration Chicago Appearances and Signings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, May 28, 2018.

1. Lazarustoys

Lazarustoys Jedi Knight

Mar 8, 2019
    Well I got lucky and got a Peter Mayhew auto ticket for Sunday! I was hesitant about topps running things, but I have to say they have been helpful. Chris at the Topps/SW authentics booth has been very cool to talk to and he really took a lot of time to help me try to get a ticket for Peter cause I bought a Harrison Ford 11x14 signed photo from them and wanted Peter to sign it ofcourse. it’s the classic Han and Chewie pose. He spent like 15 min with me asking around until we found Mark, who’s the head of Topps signings, and he really pulled for me, even took my cell and email. I haven’t spent more than like 30 min in a auto line so far. Paul Bettany’s line wasn’t bad at all. Paul and Joonas were great to talk to. Didn’t feel too rushed. Erin Kellyman was so sweet and pleasant. Great experience so far!

teamhansolo and Padme501st like this.
  2. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    I have to say that TOPPS and Epic Photo Ops did an amazing job handling the autograph area. I was able to get the autograph of Hayden and seven of the main cast of TCW(Lanter, Eckstein, JAT, Taber, Kane, Witwer and Tom Kane) and was only had to be in line for 30 minutes or less for each, but never felt rushed and got to interact with them all.

The teenage girl ahead of my brother and I in Hayden's line started crying because she was meeting him and he ran around the table, hugged her and let her brother take a quick selfie.

3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Are you sure it wasn't @Padme501st?

ChrisLyne, teamhansolo and BrentC007 like this.
  4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Paul is awesome, met him today. Such a nice guy.

5. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Actually I was right behind a girl who did that and he hugged her. I thought it was sweet.

But I wasn’t the only one in this group having to get my picture with Hayden redone for some extra time so, it’s not just me that falls for him

6. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    My photo ops for the day
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Avilos

Avilos Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 9, 2002
    Got Hayden’s autograph and Ian’s a few hours later. Behind me in Hayden’s line were parents and their 17 month old son Anakin! I got a kick out of it because he was in his troller and throwing his lightsaber and other toys! If the parents some how see this, I really enjoyed. As I told you, I am not complaining at all. I got a lightsaber thrown at me by Anakin waiting for Hayden! LOL

Hayden was total class act. I had been thinking what to say for awhile. Simple truth. Every time I see Vader in the original movies now I think of his character behind the mask. He was absolutely perfect in conveying how Anakin became Darth Vader. He really had a huge smile after that. I told him he looks exactly the same and still could play Anakin if ever asked to do it. Even bigger smile.... Maybe he has a secret....

Which comes to Ian who clearly does have a secret! He was playing so coy. Even after the trailer and appearing at the panel - “We don’t know what is happening” We? Us fans don’t, he does! LOL

Return of the Jedi is the clearest memory of first seeing movie at age 5. Been so happy ever time he returns in the role and the surprise news and mystery of yesterday made me feel 5 again.

I met a number of celebrities over the years but never before have I felt and seen the visible appreciation that I got today from them. Both big smiles, their handlers next to them too. Part of it is few have been on this level,of importance to me. I was not fawning. Just laid out the honest joy I had.

Next comes the photo-opt tomorrow with them both!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  8. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    Oh wow, my brother and I were right behind you then, I was standing right next to you as you were in the VIP line about to go in. Small world/fandom LOL

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    ThisIsMe1138 and Padme501st like this.
  9. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I told Hayden how Anakin has been my favorite character since clones came out. (Which is true. He is.) He seemed happy, and a little overwhelmed too. He was just so jolly and happy the whole time, it was infectious. Although, he didn't sign "Anakin Skywalker" like the sticky note said ;)

10. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I was able to complete my Rebels cast piece which includes Forest Whitaker. Got all of them except for Taylor at the last Celebration. Also added Greg Grumberg and Ken Leung to my TFA poster. Riz Ahmed had to cancel very last minute, so my R1 poster is still missing his sig.

Padme501st likes this.
  11. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    What’s up with Riz canceling every time?

12. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    I think he was at Orlando. When else did he cancel? It is very rare for him to make an appearance.

13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    He bailed early in Orlando.

14. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    One thing I like about it is the love and support the guests have been getting. I been hearing on here and Facebook months and weeks before how the guest list was so crummy and no big names were announced...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yeah, he had his band book a concert the same night as his signing for some reason. He's going to be hard pressed to sell tickets if he signs up for another celebration now.

darthvader88 likes this.
  16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm sure he's done after this.

17. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Yeah I don’t see them bothering inviting him back

Gamma626 likes this.
  18. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Did he cancel all his days, or just one?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

19. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I heard all. He isn’t coming at all is what I’ve been told

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darthvader88 likes this.
  20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Correct

21. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yep he's done. He was supposed to be here Friday and Saturday, so he bailed on the whole weekend. Did anyone know why? If it was due to weather and his flight being canceled, at least he'd have a good reason.

darthvader88 likes this.
  22. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Ray Parks is running late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teamhansolo likes this.
  23. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    In line for Ashley rn.... :)

ThisIsMe1138 likes this.
  24. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    All I was told in the email is that Riz had to bow out due to circumstances beyond his control, so it could have been anything. I got Ahmed Best last night and was very excited to meet him as Jar Jar has held a special place in my heart as I had a dog who was a lot like him.

Today, I got in on the Mandalorian panel and got into the Clone Wars panel, so I snagged both a Mandalorian and the Ahsoka Clone Wars mini posters. Also got a mini poster from the Rebels panel on Saturday too.

Padme501st and teamhansolo like this.
  25. Avilos

Avilos Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 9, 2002
    One of the high points of my life. It when fast as expected. Hayden did not say anything. Which is fine things had to move fast. I was genuinely surprised when I took my spot Ian thanked ME and shook my hand with out me doing anything. Hard to imagine him remembering me from the day before. As we look at the camera I thanked them both. I am glad I got their autographs too. There was time I debated over the cost. But it gave me real time with both of them.

I am already home back in Wisconsin. I would have loved to go to the Phantom Menace panel and met Ahmed. But going home tonight was set months ago. He was speaking on Star Wars Live stage while I was waiting for their photo. Plus what I did do was not cheap.

Seeing the Episode 9 panel streamed on Star Wars Live stage was almost as good as being. Plus I lucky with good timing to see most of the cast and others on same stage later in the day. Got into both Galaxy’s Edge and Mandalorian panels! Got to see most of the small panels I wanted. I had a long fascination with music and radio and audio books. loved the Phantom Menace score discussion and the making of audio books and the tribute to the original radio. Cantina dissection of all the characters. Always stuff I would have liked to seen more of. But I am deeply satisfied in a way I have never been before. I am mostly a wallflower but there was a very positive vibe from almost everyone this weekend. I am happy to be a Star Wars fan.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019