main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics The High Republic (aka "Project Luminous")

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Xammer, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Luminous beings we are

2. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    It's a story of midichlorians and how they live with in one with the force abit like the disney pixar film inside out ! ;)

Calathar44 and Darth Corydon like this.
  3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Considering the emphasis on how "big" this project is, my hope is that it is about a long-running series about the Jedi of the Old Republic or a deep dive into the nature of the Force. Another guess is that this is another FACPOV for ESB hence the Yoda quote from that movie but I hope it's not about that.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  4. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Considering how much of the ESB and ROTJ in canon has only been noted in Lost Stars and Battlefront: Twilight Company, the idea of its own FACPOV for each of them in relation to their 40th anniversaries would be fantastic. Long as we don't have a contradiction between stories like the two Battle of Yavin ones (who is supposed to be Red Seven? Elyhek Rue or Harb Binli??)

5. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Nah, the contradictions are part of the fun, and real life is full of them. Think about how difficult it was to pin down who played the Emperor's physical form in The Empire Strikes Back; that was just forty years ago, now think how much harder it is to keep the details straight about something a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  6. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004
  7. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Is it going to be a while until we get any concrete details?

8. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    I think it’s an ESB FACPOV. They hyped the first one a whole lot, all over Twitter. They called it Project Blue Milk. This is Project Luminous. It’s coming out in the 40th anniversary year of ESB. It all lines up. I’d be happy to be proven wrong, I like these theories about deep dives into Force Ghost lore, but ESB FACPOV makes too much sense.

9. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    That's part of the reason why I don't think they'd hype it that much again. It's already been done and so wouldn't be as exciting. Also, announcing it so far in advance, with this much hype, wouldn't fit; I'd expect an announcement closer to release. It would be almost a year away at this point. Plus FACPOV doesn't require as much coordination as this one apparently has, and a lot more authors.

RokurGepta and DarthPhilosopher like this.
  10. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Good points. Also, I just looked at the Del Rey Star Wars tweet announcement and the whole bit about “the Force is created by all living things...until...” seems like a tease for a much more original story than just a fill-in-the-gaps anthology. I’m intrigued!

BigAl6ft6, Jedi Ben and JediKnight75 like this.
  11. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I heard one guy say that this is a resurrection of the Legends material.

I seriously wish that that's the case.

Calathar44 likes this.
  12. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Oh, that is an interesting quote! I can't wait to find out what this is. I think either something about Luke's Jedi or Rey post TROS. The authors involved all would be perfect for either story. But, any sort of exploration into the force would be fascinating, regardless of characters involved.

I suspect we'll find out more during New York City Comic Con. I think Journey to TROS will be at San Diego. Del Rey probably didn't announce anything specific at celebration because there's already five books coming out before September.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    RokurGepta likes this.
  13. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    Depends on how you define awhile.

But yeah. Dont expect it tomorrow or anything. Get excited. Theorize. But we've got time.

14. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    It wasn't really all that difficult to find out who played the Emperor in ESB. As I recall, all it took was someone asking Hidalgo and then Hidalgo gave the answer.

15. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    LEGENDS TO APPEAR AS A FORCE GHOST!?

REMEMBER TO LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE GREAT NEW CANON STAR WARS THEORIES!

revan772 and Dr. Steve Brule like this.
  16. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    We must go further! Not only is it Legends it's alternate universe legends set in a timeline where Kreia wins!

( it being ESB ACPOV is also what I'd have my money on, which would be super. Whatever it is in excited.)

revan772 likes this.
  17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I get the feeling that DarthInternous gets his first laugh of the day while reading these boards over his first cup of coffee..

18. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    I do in fact check the forums and boards first thing.

Everyone does know that FACPOV has it's own code name right? Operation Blue Milk.

DarthJaceus and Darth Corydon like this.
  19. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Welp, there goes any interest I had in this project. :p

20. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002

"Until..."

What if this is a resurrection of George Lucas' idea about the Whills.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Clever. I'm not sure if this is it, but this strikes me as plausible/fun given the announced authors and everything.

revan772 and BobaMatt like this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It's the "Until" line dangit, that is creating a direct contradiction / challenge to well held Star Wars lore / iconic dialogue. I don't see that being a teaser for a multiple POV ESB.

Jedi Princess and BobaMatt like this.
  23. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    [​IMG]
    Yousa droids are shut down, General Jedi!

The Positive Fan and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  24. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    @Jedi Princess was referring to pre-Hidalgo, pre-Twitter days, I believe. "that was just forty years ago, now think how much harder it is to keep the details straight about something a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."

25. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    It can't be just another anthology, it's being teased as something "huge".