main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Celebration Chicago Appearances and Signings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, May 28, 2018.

1. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    When I got my photo with Billy Dee on Thursday, he was all smiles, and I think I heard a faint thank you when I left...

Anyway, how many Autographs/Photo Ops dis each of you get?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Got my Hayden & the Ray/Sam Maul Team Up photo ops. And an unexpected free photo with Ashley at Her Universe which made our weekend on day 1! Also selfies with Andi & Anthony at the end of Monday, really cool way to end the show!

The big ones for me were Luke, Anakin & Palpatine (sadly Carrie passed before I could meet her). So Hayden completed my wish list this Celebration.

Only photo ops I’ll get now are ones where I think the actors are awesome people (like Warwick & Ray/Sam) so hopefully that will make the next Celebration cheaper if we can go (though Boyega is on my “awesome people” list...)

My goal for next Celebration is to shake Dave Filoni’s hand and say thank you. Didn’t get luck this time so hoping for next time.

Darkslayer and teamhansolo like this.
  3. darthjason127

darthjason127 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    My auto experiences were great
    Ian put "roll it again" when he signed
    Bettany, Mayhew and Kellyman were all very personable and friendly

ChrisLyne, Darkslayer and teamhansolo like this.
  4. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    I was very pleased with the whole process this year! Orlando was an absolute disaster and they clearly learned from that. I was VIP in Orlando and my experience this time without VIP was far better than with it. My wait times were minimal and the artists were great as always. I was able to get Sam Witwer and JAT for a second time. I got Warwick, Matt Lanter, Ahmed Best and by that point my son had gotten excited about the autos so we added a last minute Allen Tudyk. He signed it "There's another one where that came from if you mouth off again".

Thank you to Topps for a great experience! My opinion of Topps as a company has done a complete 180 after this Celebration.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Paul Bettany is one of the nicest human beings you can meet at one of these things. We actually squeezed in a conversation during the photo op about the Vision.

Trev Elyt and teamhansolo like this.
  6. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    That’s what my friends said. They’re totally convinced he got them sick, though. Apparently he sounded a little hoarse when they chatted and they both insist they started to have sore throats right after. I think they’re just being overdramatic, but if it helps them sleep at night thinking Paul Bettany got them sick, more power to them! [face_laugh]

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Better to suffer from a a famous person's cold, I guess. The one from the bratty sniffling and sneezing little kid in line near you doesn't sound as good.

teamhansolo likes this.
  8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I got my photos with Erin Kellyman and Paul Bettany. Both were really nice. Kellyman complimented me on my costume and even helped me with my things, I was a bit late due to running from the IX panel. Unfortunately the photo team didn't even give me a chance to get the hair of out my face and the photo is a real disaster that I'm never going to show to anyone. I did squeeze in that I liked her in Les Mis as well. Bettany definitely noticed that I had my "Canterbury Tales" with me.

I still think they could do the photo ops with a bit less rush. Give us at least 20 seconds with the guests, instead of now I think I counted my Bettany op was 5 seconds. Just a chance of saying a few words, just like the people getting autographs do, would be nice, after all we pay as much for the photo as the autograph.

9. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I'm actually sick as well right now...

10. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I only did one photo op, with Hermione Corfield. They were SOOO rushed. It only turned out well because she recognized me from the day before, and stopped to say a few things. I don't know if I'd pay for photo ops like that again.

11. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Is there any chance of Samuel L. Jackson ever doing one of these? Seems like a long shot, but Mace Windu is my favorite character.

12. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I don't think so.

13. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    How exactly are the actors set up to do Photos and Autos each day? A few hours doing autos, a break, and then photos? Or is it a different process?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

14. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

:p

credar and darthvader88 like this.
  15. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, I was going to do that, but it felt like rubbing it in...

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    I'd be awesome if he did.

I'm optimistic that Ewan doing the private signing for TOPPS might lead to him signing at a Celebration. Can you imagine how quickly photo-ops with him and Hayden would sell out?

17. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I'd just take a private send-in for Ewan at this point. I'd LOVE to have some signed Ewan stuff that I got to pick out.

18. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    A Knight's Tale reference?

Gamma626 likes this.
  19. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    of course

Link1130 and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  20. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I asked that they redo my Hayden picture before I checked out. They didn't even question it, just as long as you said something before you left the area right after you pick up the pic. I'm glad I did and they offered that service.

Photo ops were rushed for sure, especially when a guest was behind schedule

Trev Elyt and Darkslayer like this.
  21. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Guys I never posted this in here, but I told Ian he was my favorite villain when I met him and he just gave me this big smile - made my entire trip worth it!

*That or he may have been laughing at my Death Star pants

Trev Elyt and Padme501st like this.
  22. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    Meeting Anthony Daniels was truly amazing. He was so nice and took time with everyone. It was the capper to the best vacation I've ever had.

Trev Elyt likes this.
  23. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I actually think he was still smiling from having met me.

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I mean you ARE a pretty cool dude.

cubman987 likes this.
  25. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    I've gotten TWO autographs this time... Peter Mayhew and Anthony Daniels. Peter was the only one I was missing from the major original cast, except Harrison Ford of course. I kept missing Peter, even when he came to my city (Ottawa, Canada) for our Comic Con two years ago!! So I was glad I could get him. It was a bit emotional though. He isn't in good shape, having arthritis very badly in his hand. He was more than an hour behind schedule on Friday, taking breaks every 4-5 people. He took a break when I was standing in front of his table, and I saw the whole thing -- the cute lady (a volunteer?) massaging his hand, the other volunteer guy was giving him Red Bull and Advil. He could barely sign his name on my photo -- so glad I finally got his autograph.

As for Anthony Daniels, I already had his autograph twice from previous Celebrations, but I figured I would check out his line when he was doing his own meet & greets. I was a little surprised that the line was so short. I arrived at 1:15 p.m. on Sunday and at 2:00 p.m. I was out of the room with my autograph. Anthony was on lunch break and he came back around 1:30 p.m. and chatted with us in line, saying how he doesn't like photos taken as they are disturbing and saying thank you to us for being there. When it was my turn, I asked if he remembered me as I met him before and joked about C-3PO's memory. I then said that the add for his meet & greet said to say "hello" in 6 million forms of communications, so I said in French and he replied back! I knew he spoke French. All in all, it was a wonderful experience!

I didn't get into the photo ops yet, as I wanted Mark Hamill and he wasn't there. So I'll see what to do at Celebration in Anaheim. And now that I've got autographs from pretty much everyone in the original cast (even have some smaller roles too), not sure where to head next (I mean which cast I should look to). I even have like Ben Burtt, Warwick Davis, Steve Sansweet twice (former head of Lucasfilm fan relations for those who haven't heard of him), Matthew Wood, Dave Filoni... I've got a really nice autograph binder! ;-) Maybe I should get Ashley, as I don't yet have hers.

Trev Elyt and JonSB like this.