main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Post Celebration Blues Support Group

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi Older Code, Apr 16, 2019.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.

2. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I stayed healthy, but I also mostly just stood in one place for most of the convention.

teamhansolo likes this.
  3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I normally don't get the con crud, but on Monday evening I tucked my two roommates into their beds with fevers, and then I spent the trip over the Atlantic next to one of them coughing his lungs out. Now my lungs hurt and I'm starting to cough. No fever so far though

Padme501st and teamhansolo like this.
  4. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Definitely sick, haha, I’m feeling really terrible right now, but it was definitely 1000% worth it. :)

JonSB likes this.
  5. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    So far healthy, just got back home . I have been coughing on and off for the last 3 months due to an irritated throat so I'm sure a few people thought I was sick and were going oh no..great I'm next to someone that is sick.
    Didn't take any special precautions other than trying to avoid touch my face with my fingers.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    teamhansolo likes this.
  6. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    I first opened this thread like "pfft yeah post Celebration blues that's pretty funny" and then I started reading the posts and slowly relating more and more to each one.......... Post Celebration blues are frighteningly real....

Thankfully I've mostly gotten over mine by now.

MotivateR5D4 and teamhansolo like this.
  7. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    To tell the truth I started feeling blue a week before the convention because I have been waiting for 2 years and I knew it was going to be over way too soon.

8. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    I feel good. I even brought baby wipes with me in my backpack cause i read a lot of people recommending them, I never even opened them. I definitely missed my Vitamix blender though. That's my secret weapon for healthy eating. i hope those of you who are sick get better soon.

teamhansolo likes this.
  9. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    Yeah... I've got lots of withdrawal symptoms... but I haven't been sick. I usually get sick from lack of sleep and from not eating properly. My trick to not get sick now (after my 6th Celebration -- Chicago was my 7th) is to take lots of vitamins before I leave home (2 weeks before actually) and sleep really well.

My other trick to ease the blues syndrome is to stay in the city (wherever the Celebration is) a little longer -- I am still in Chicago! -- visiting the city and wearing my Celebration T-shirts!! I went up the Willis Tower yesterday and I was wearing my Celebration Orlando shirt -- someone asked if I was in Chicago for the last one and then I just have a big smile on and say "yeah". It was amazing, isn't it?!

I am still in Chicago for three more days! And after that, I took another week vacation!! That's the trick. And of course I will keep an eye out for Celebration Anaheim tickets so that I don't miss out on the 4 or 5 day pass. This time, I didn't have a Saturday ticket- :-( Can you imagine, I could not go on Saturday -- this should not happen again!! ;-)

10. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I feel like I got hit by a semi, which is slightly funny considering I work for a truck dealership.

I won't say it's actual con crud, it's hard to identify. Part of it is pure exhaustion I think though I do feel some crud in my lungs. Could also be the immense amount of pollen that awaited me in TN. Work is terrible, i'm half out of it and the Celebration blues are hitting me harder than I thought. Part of it is because of the amount of wonderful people I got to hang out with this time, most being on this forum. I really felt the SW family love and it's hard going back to real life after that.

I received my ILM Making of Solo book on Tuesday but I can barely look at it. @star_wars_is_good and I went to the panel where they announced the book together so it just takes me back.

Seriously considering getting a SW tattoo on May 4th. I've been toying with the idea for years but I feel the Celebration blues is really solidifying it this time.

11. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Well I got bronchitis but the flu is running around at work so I’m glad it’s not that or pneumonia. They gave me a steroid shot and some cough pills and basically I just need to rest. I’ll be fine in a few days.

Once that’s out of the way, I’ll try to post all my pics where y’all can see them and grab any you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonSB and teamhansolo like this.
  12. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Feeling a lot better now, but still kinda sick, [face_plain], hope you get better soon @Padme501st ! :)

Padme501st likes this.
  13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah...I don't need to save all of your Hayden pics.

teamhansolo likes this.
  14. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Well he didn’t attend any panels so they are few. Oscar on the other hand....

15. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Here is advice from dr. Jawa, if you have a cough, esp.after being on stuffy aircraft on long flights, gargle with warm salt water and eat popcicles! also drink lots of water. that works for me, also... eat citrus and take zinc! I was fortunate to come home well and was well at Cele. the only pain was-sore feet-despite old and new shoes, sore legs, lack of sleep and the possibility I may not be able to attend Anaheim next year! way too soon after this very expensive Cele.!

16. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    I don't know about the popcicles, but gargling warm salt water works wonders, I usually add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in that too. Tastes like crap, but it works. And the water needs to be as warm as you can stand it.

Fifi Kenobi and teamhansolo like this.
  17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I feel like everyone I hung out with got sick. I hope you all feel better.

teamhansolo likes this.
  18. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Popcicles can be used for coughs and sore throats and are tasty! letting you momenterly forgetting that your sick! I have had dreams that I'm still at the Cele.! last night, I realized it was a dream and said,"Why am I still at the Cele? it's over-isn't it? After asking myself that, I went on in thr dream and explored the area! I do hope you all get well-try the popcicles anyway!

teamhansolo likes this.
  19. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    I have been feeling sort of dis-attatched since coming home, I'm usually "recovering" from Cele. but think I know why things are"confused", This Cele. was sort of unfocused, it was supposed to be the 20th anniv. of TPM, but it was'nt! Why? the actors were not there,as they were in the past, we all were not together in the arena for TPM review, we were divided, emphasis was sort of "all over", Galaxies Edge, the new movie, the last movie! but nor really TPM, hope you do not think I'm strange, but this is ominous.

20. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Michigan native here: Prior to Celebration, I brought Hall's for my throat, Robitussin cough syrup, Claritin D and
    other remedies as a precaution. It's probably more mental for me as a "just-in-case". Again, I'm the 'old dude' of
    this thread and I have a build up of so many germ fighting cells, I haven't experienced the convention cruds ever.
    But it would be just my luck to forget something, at Motor City Comic Con next week and come down with every
    known disease created by man! [face_laugh]

21. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Thought I escaped it but came down with Con crud (cough-cold-sinus) last Friday and just starting to feel better today. They say it takes 3-6 days after infection to show signs so that would put in the Convention on Mon or airplane on Wed most likely. I think I will try Emergen C or something next time even though reviews on it is mixed

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  22. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    I found out, a couple years back, that you can be well before a trip on a plane, example, warm and humid weather, get on plane, confined dry air, get off, cool weather. you can get sick by those factors too! On the way home this time, a lot of people were coughing and not covering their mouths, right now, I'm back to the sinus, pollen reaction here on the west coast. I still say popcicles can relieve cough and sore throats.

23. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    I must be the odd ball, I came out surprisingly healthy as did my son.

Darth Maul Apprentice likes this.
  24. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    Me too!

25. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Emergen C gave me the worst headaches and made me feel hungover when I took it prior to Celebration so I had to quit. Good luck

JonSB likes this.