main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Would you be up for a Han Solo TV show that continues the events of the movie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by CrAsHcHaOs, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    That was my original idea when the movie was announced (because i was worried about them messing with Han) so I thought "Why not just make a Dash Rendar movie?" :cool:

Hopeless likes this.
  2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    One of my gripes is we shall never see Chewie rip a person’s arm socks out. It would have been great if Chewie had been introduced to Han in Solo with Chewie holding the arms of a stormtrooper or droid.

3. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Um... Didn't we see that in Solo at one point? I swear he ripped one of the dudes on Kessel's arms off [face_thinking] Anyone?

Baron_Papanerd, Bor Mullet and V-2 like this.
  4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I must have blinked or gotten some blue milk when it happened.

5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I told a few of the guys in this thread I would give Solo another shot so just finished watching it :cool: It's a damn good film! I still struggle with AE as Han but it wasn't as bad as i remembered. The advantage to having just watched it is now i am an expert [face_not_talking] and can answer your question (had to go back and look hehe) He rips one of the guards arms off whilst Han takes care of the other. It's the scene when they are going down into the mines as prisoners and Han says something to the effect off (paraphrasing here) "Oh great Chewy that guys uniform was my size. I could have used that" ...or something similar.

There was also a cut scene where he rips off Unkar Plutts arm in TFA but it's not the same because it never made it into the film.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would be up for it, but do I think it will happen no.

7. CrAsHcHaOs

CrAsHcHaOs Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 7, 1999
    I like Dash Rendar as a character.........but only for a video game. Seeing him on screen in live action would be redundant IMO because then people who aren't familiar with him would just look at him as a Han Solo ripoff. For a video game, though, he was great.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    V-2 likes this.
  8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I hope they do it (soon)
    It would be great.

CrAsHcHaOs likes this.
  9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Dash! Oh how I logged countless hours jet packing and shooting stormtroopers off cliffs in “Shadows of the Empire” (N64). Good memories.

I woukd love for him to be featured in a Solo Series episode with Nathan Fillion from Firefly playing Dash Rendar!

CrAsHcHaOs and Hopeless like this.
  10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I got 2 words to answer this question: heck ya!

Bor Mullet and CrAsHcHaOs like this.
  11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  12. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Sure, as long as they don't try to shoe horn cameos into (almost) every episode like Rebels

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well doesn't seem like anything is in development or if it is Joonas Suatamo is not aware of it atleast going by the fact that he said MakeSolo2Happen on Celebration. I think a series focusing on Qi'ra and Maul seems a bit more likely, a lot of SW fans love Maul (Me included :D) and Qi'ra is liked by quite a lot too. Emilia Clarke is also a big name now atleast in TV thanks to GOT which she's done with now. I'm trying to think about this from a business perspective. Solo was a flop but everyone was chatting about Maul and he's a easily marketable character. And if you maybe throw in a fight with Vader then it's cash in the bank [face_laugh]:)

CrAsHcHaOs likes this.
  14. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    If you're trying to think about it from a business perspective you need to realise that it was a commercial flop because nobody cared to see it. It's an unpopular movie that nobody asked for, featuring characters that nobody cares about doing things that are entirely predictable and inconsequential (it being a prequel).

Why would a business try to exploit an unpopular failure when there are dozens of other ways to milk the Star Wars cash cow?

15. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I'd rather have a show about Crimson Dawn with Han and Chewie than a series about them alone.

DarthRosie, Darkslayer and CrAsHcHaOs like this.
  16. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    The Qi’ra and Maul storyline is something I'm interested in seeing, but I don't think Han has to necessarily be part of the main cast. Another movie doesn't feel feasible, but perhaps a limited run streaming series would work. I'd love to see Dathomir, and hopefully a resurrected Talzin and some Nightsisters in live action format. If its just Maul on a barren planet, that would be boring. That all being said, they could just as easily wrap these loose ends into a novel.

ChrisLyne, DarthRosie and CrAsHcHaOs like this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Damn straight I'd love one, Donald Glover may be pretty huge(r) now in the less than a year it has been released but he just did an Amazon Prime series probably nobody is going to watch so he'll get more attention here.

Didn't fly with mainstream audiences but the fans seemed to enjoy it and it'd be a way to hook them into (continuing to subscribe) to Disney+ It's all about moving subs and this would keep people subbed after they go through new content of Mandalorian / Cassian / new Clone Wars.

Also, hey, Donald Glover would be in it. Probably. Like I said, Amazon Prime series nobody is watching versus a Star Wars teevee show.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    CrAsHcHaOs likes this.
  18. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    [QUOTE="V-2, post: 55717512, member: 1376767"]If you're trying to think about it from a business perspective you need to realise that it was a commercial flop because nobody cared to see it. It's an unpopular movie that nobody asked for, featuring characters that nobody cares about doing things that are entirely predictable and inconsequential (it being a prequel).

Why would a business try to exploit an unpopular failure when there are dozens of other ways to milk the Star Wars cash cow?[/QUOTE]

Hence why it wouldn't have Han or Chewie in it, it should focus on the Crimson Dawn. I think people care for more Maul

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  19. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kato Sai likes this.
  20. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    TBH I would rather follow Qira and Maul and that side of the story then Han Solo and Chewbaca and Lando. I like them, but I am way more interested in Qira at this point. (And I am still in the camp that she outlives the majority of the OT main cast.)

DarthRosie, Darkslayer and CrAsHcHaOs like this.
  21. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Don't write in purple! :mad: Whenever I see colour I feel like I have to read it in case one of the Mods is dishing out punishment/a warning to get back on track! I'm usually the idiot that comes in after 5 warnings (having not seen or read them) with something to the effect of "Oh yeah, Rose was worse than Jar Jar!

:D

On my re-watch of this the other day I realised that it was a lot better than I first thought. I always liked it but felt a little...indifferent...? I guess. I loved the Mimban sequence the most and wish we saw more of that. There were cut scenes from memory where you saw more. I think a TV show could be a good way to continue the story for the fans of the film. Qi'ra and Black Sun has a lot of potential!

Bor Mullet, CrAsHcHaOs and Kato Sai like this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Qi'ra works for Crimson Dawn not Black Sun. Jeez, get your fictional space crime syndicates right! :-B

:p

Bor Mullet, Avnar and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  23. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Yeah, where did I get Black Sun from...? [face_dunno]

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Solo brought in more money than 95% of films. And the home release has sold like hot cakes. It made a lot, and it is popular. It’s considered a flop only because it cost about double its original budget due to production, leading it to lose money. In this context, continuing the story of Solo in the comparatively cheaper medium of TV makes a lot of sense. If it’s done well, it will likely be enormously popular.

wobbits and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  25. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Since Solo is my favourite of the SW films released under Disney, I'd welcome the story to continue in a TV format. I wanna see what happens with Q'ira and Crimson Dawn.

Darth_Pevra and Bor Mullet like this.