main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Would you be up for a Han Solo TV show that continues the events of the movie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by CrAsHcHaOs, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    You are saying that nobody cares about Han, Chewie, and Lando? [face_laugh]

It wasn't the characters. Lower movie attendance had to do with recasting, and other factors. Though, going by blue ray/DVD sales, a lot of people have given it a chance, and loved it.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    black_saber likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Lower movie attendance had everything to do with an extremely short marketing window (3 months). It was just bad timing. If it came out in December, it would have likely made close to Rogue One numbers.

ChrisLyne and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  3. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    It is a priviledge to meet someone who likes Solo the best of the Disney Era. My favorite, *braces for the debris from Darth Vader ESB* is TLJ.

indydefense likes this.
  4. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    :eek: What?? Everyone get him! :bluesaber::greensaber::redsaber:

Kidding - I must admit, I like when the favs are spread out amongst the fans! I get a little guilty at work when one of the younger guys or girls say that they love the PT - I go to "get into it with them" and instead think maybe the fans on here are on to something... It's Star Wars to their generation and there is legit TPM, AOTC, ROTS nostalgia to that gen. It's funny - I am that gen, just prefer the OT. TPM I have nostalgia for only because I saw in about 4 or 5 times with my first love =(( hehe and AOTC I went and saw films that I didn't want to just to see the preview multiple times! ROTS I have no good memories of...

Solo upon another viewing was much better than I remember. It was the first SW film since the Disney acquisition that i didn't go along with a huge group... May have played into the way I felt about it subconsciously. A lot of the other films were "events"

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  5. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    What I loved about TLJ is is asked what does it mean to be a Jedi, are the Jedi relevant, and Luke despite hus disillusionment was inspiring; to me he wasn’t fallen but asking the big questions of the Force. And in the end he affirmed his Jedi allegiance, “I will not be the last Jedi” and he became One with the Force.

I loved the conversation between Luke and Yoda.

———————

Back to Solo, if it becomes a series I would like to see Han making the deal with Jabba that landed him in hot Sarlaac water.

indydefense likes this.
  6. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Luke - Yoda was my favorite scene...easily! :cool: Yeah, as far as Jabba goes - It's interesting that almost every film lately has had some kind of Jabba rumor but he hasn't been seen at all...??

I think with a Solo series there is a lot they can explore...a lot! Darth Maul/Jabba/Boba Fett/Qi'ra/Lando etc etc etc are all on the table!

black_saber likes this.
  7. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I know why is Jabba absent? I am inclined to think there is some anti-Hutt sympathies keeping him at bay. :D

8. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Put the Star Wars logo on a box and certain people will buy it regardless of quality.

Han Chewie and Lando are popular, sure, but as you say, not the recasted versions of those characters. I don't want to see young Han Solo any more than I want to see young Moff Tarkin, young Bib Fortuna, or young Pruneface.

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I liked the way they were going in the SOLO art book, Maul gave Dryden a desk made from the tomb of Exar Kun that housed his direct communication with activation key ring device.

Looking at the leaked scenes prior to Howard re-filming and re-casting a different actor for a different character - they could use a lot of the costumes and alternate Dryden set for a new villain. Plus all the concept art in the book was amazing and could be a great basis for a series of movies .

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Fascinating. That would have made Exar-Kun canon.

11. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Come to think of it, isn’t Disney considering make a han solo , Lando tv show anyway? Or even Han Solos girlfriend too? I can’t spell her name

I do believe Disney wants those stories to continue in some tv format.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Zodiac5

Zodiac5 Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2019
    There are rumors about it yes, but from very untrustworthy sites
    also: FIRST POST ! :D I've been a long time lurker but with 2019 being such a big year for Star Wars I've decided to finally join the discussion.

13. CrAsHcHaOs

CrAsHcHaOs Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 7, 1999
    I am honored you chose my thread to make your first post in! :)

black_saber likes this.
  14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The Guvarian Enforcers bare a good resemblance to the Crimson Dawn symbol in general and the Hylobon Enforcers(which also had a circle symbol ingrained on their face mask visor) and color name red/crimson seems another indication - while Bala Tik kinda dresses like a cross between Dryden and the Hylobon Enforcers. I think they even use similar/same weapons often just redressed on two films. Might be a connection there since its connected to Han.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Would be cool if the Guavians were a special enforcement gang for Crimson Dawn. Special contract.

Avnar likes this.
  16. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    They are practically on the table as well as dozens of other tv shows of Star Wars from Disney and Lucasfilm like game of thrones prequels.

Even if some news site are false, sometimes coincidence the news becomes true by a long shot.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Not only would I be up for such a show, I demand it. Han’s my favorite character, I loved Solo, and I don’t like having dangling plot threads (Darth Maul as the leader of Crimsons Dawn, Han and Qi’ra’s relationship) from the film left unresolved. I also just want more of Ehrenreich’s Han and Glover’s Lando. I would gladly take this over the rumored Kenobi series.

18. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Solo was the most forgettable SW movie for me, so I wouldn't be interested. I'd check out a reboot with a new actor, though.

V-2 likes this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I actually prefer Ehrenreich to Ford.

Merric likes this.
  20. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

V-2 and Bor Mullet like this.
  21. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    I'm not sure about a Han Solo TV show but a Lando t.v. show would be AMAZING. I feel like Donald Glover would jump on that in a heartbeat, too.

TetsuAero likes this.
  22. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I keep pushing for Armie Hammer's "Han:The Series".
    It'll be the best thing since the Lethal Weapon TV show.

Siphonophore likes this.
  23. DarthRosie

DarthRosie Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2014
    This would be what I want to see in a Disney+ series. I like them being able to spread out a story and explain it over 8 - 13 episodes. Way more detail and depth can go into the story telling. I think this is what the ST trilogy is suffering from, having the constraints of 3 films to tell a pretty big story.

24. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Speaking of Hammer, the series could be like Sledge Hammer!. Inspector Sledge Hammer's famous "Trust me, I know what I'm doing" would be replaced with Han's "Hey, it's me."

The intro to the Han show could even be replicated, swapping in Han's blaster and Han:

GregMcP likes this.
  25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It's all about getting past Erhenreich as Han, I suppose in a series you'd get more episodes and more chance to put Erhenreich's face in people's consciousness. I'd be in favour of retconning the Falcon's history so you have it changing hands between Han an Lando a few times, when they win it they should do so by cheating,

Ultimately if the show wasn't centred on just Han but on Han, Lando and Chewie in a world of smugglers and space pirates, it would work better.